50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Well I F'd Up And Bad

Well I had been on my KETO plan for 7 days was having little to no cravings for carbs and I can truly say I was doing everything just about right. My 8th day started with out a hitch I had my usual KETO meals up until I got off of work on friday night. I was really hungry so I went for something fast, I got chinese food and ate the whole damn plate. Sill not full I ate a huge honey bun with thick white frosting. Thinking it would be a cheat meal and I could just get back to my diet the next morning. I felt bad because the food really wasn't that good but I got over it. I woke up really late the next day around noon and my mom had ordered pizza and hot wings for lunch, by then the will power was gone and I ate 4 slices of cheese pizza, 6 wings and then to top it off I had 4 warm krispy kreme donuts. I woke up the next morning visibly bloated and I started my KETO today without a hitch but will that episode throw off my whole week and throw off my water/fat weight loss. And how long would you guys say it takes for me to get all of this mess out of me and get back to KETO.
    Last edited by 50.CAL; 01-29-2006 at 07:34 PM.

dafatdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Probably not as long as you think.

Keep the strict Keto up for the remainder of the week and make sure you keep up the cardio or lifting.

Having a big pig-out usually makes u feel bloated because of excess water retention. Most likely you wont have put very mut fat on and you'll back back to where you started by the end of the week.

Just try not to make it a regular thing

50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50.CAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dafatdude
    Probably not as long as you think.

Keep the strict Keto up for the remainder of the week and make sure you keep up the cardio or lifting.

Having a big pig-out usually makes u feel bloated because of excess water retention. Most likely you wont have put very mut fat on and you'll back back to where you started by the end of the week.

Just try not to make it a regular thing
    Oh, I will not make this a regular thing I just feel disgusted because it was just my first week and I was doing very well. I had lost 7 pounds of water weight/fat and was looking visibly flatter with my shirt off. Another thing though was during that week I was feeling really sluggish and this is the best I have felt all week in terms of attitude. But for this week I am going to crank up the cardio to an hour a day just to try to deplete the glycogen stores faster.

dafatdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The first week is usually pretty bad, and is often worse for some than others. Stick to it and it becomes much easier as time progresses

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You really went for it didn't you bro!

Just write it off and move on.

mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Duuuuude...if I ever cheat like that... I TORTURE my body afterwards... like one time I did HIIT on an elliptical until I seriously could barely walk.... took me like 30 minutes to walk back to my apartment from my apartment's GYM.... Another time I went biking up this mountain(with tons of water and some almonds and walnuts) took me 6 hours but I made it to the top... definately gets you back into ketosis ...I might just be a little strange though.. but I haven't cheated for over 3 months ...

-Moose

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 50.CAL
    Whining about breaking his diet.
    Butch up, boy. We all break our diet from time to time without meaning to.

Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm gaining fat on Keto diet, and I've never cheated. This was over about a 2 week period. So...go figure.

Even if you don't cheat, you probably still could gain fat so I don't think it's that big of a deal. (Apparently 65% fat is not good enough to push me into ketosis!)

It's like the stock market. Fat loss is a long term investment. You'll see periods where you gain some fat and lose some, but over an extended period you lose more than you gained.

I been on this diet a month now and I'm not seeing results yet, so it definitely needs patience. What you did is done so no use freting about it, but it shows you need to get disciplined. What works for me is that I am disgusted with how fat I am, so I can't even consider cheating. I have no desire to cheat. When you get to an acceptable body fat level, then you can consider cheating (which is motivation for getting there, too).

Originally Posted by Orion35
    I'm gaining fat on Keto diet, and I've never cheated. This was over about a 2 week period. So...go figure.

Even if you don't cheat, you probably still could gain fat so I don't think it's that big of a deal. (Apparently 65% fat is not good enough to push me into ketosis!)

It's like the stock market. Fat loss is a long term investment. You'll see periods where you gain some fat and lose some, but over an extended period you lose more than you gained.

I been on this diet a month now and I'm not seeing results yet, so it definitely needs patience. What you did is done so no use freting about it, but it shows you need to get disciplined. What works for me is that I am disgusted with how fat I am, so I can't even consider cheating. I have no desire to cheat. When you get to an acceptable body fat level, then you can consider cheating (which is motivation for getting there, too).
    Well I'm not really disgusted with how fat I am right now even though there was a point when I was. I had a physically demanding job (that I got fired from) over the summer that helped me shed about 40 pounds without even eating right. Hell I had McDonalds every day at lunch and still managed to lose all of that weight. This motivated me to try losing weight with a diet and since I no longer have that job I go for a jog in the morning. Your right I need alot more discipline those eating habits carried over and made me crave alot of junk food. This week so far I don't even have an inkling of cheating in my mind even after reading the "cheat contest" forum on the nutrition page. What I am trying to do is lose some more weight in time for spring break. But thanks for your input and keep at it. I was seeing real good results just after that week (visibly flatter stomach). I won't cheat for a long time to come in the end it's just not worth it. It wasn't even that good except for the pizza and the krispy kreme gave me the ****s. So I won't be cheating for a while.
    Last edited by 50.CAL; 01-31-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Oh, and on a side note what the hell is going on I don't even have the same feeling as I did the first week (disoriented, moodiness and generally tired). I have been eating the same even better since I discovered fitday.com over the weekend.Did this cheating mess me up for the week?

Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you bought ketone strips to monitor your level of ketosis?

I got mine from here, http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/b...testing_strips ..$8.65 for 100 strips. There may be others for a couple dollars less elsewhere but under $10 for 100 strips was cheap enough for me.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, and on a side note what the hell is going on I don't even have the same feeling as I did the first week (disoriented, moodiness and generally tired). I have been eating the same even better since I discovered fitday.com over the weekend.Did this cheating mess me up for the week?
    You haven't dropped caffiene or anything have you?

Originally Posted by chimponarope
    You haven't dropped caffiene or anything have you?
    WHOA! Hold on do I have to stop drinking my daily cup of coffee? That is my only luxury with the diet. I don't like it sweet or anything I prefer it black is this a problem. And being a seasoned coffee drinker since the age of 11 decaf just sucks to me. I can tell the difference. I also don't drink any diet sodas I just drink water and at the end of the night to relax me I have a cup of coffee and smoke a black n mild (not good).
    Last edited by 50.CAL; 02-01-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10) Up The Twig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WHOA! Hold on do I have to stop drinking my daily cup of coffee? That is my only luxury with the diet. I don't like it sweet or anything I prefer it black is this a problem. And being a seasoned coffee drinker since the age of 11 decaf just sucks to me. I can tell the difference. I also don't drink any diet sodas I just drink water and at the end of the night to relax me I have a cup of coffee and smoke a black n mild (not good).
    People that freak out over caffeine are out of control. Caffeine is naturally occuring, black coffee is fine. Anyone who says different is a bit too extreme for my tastes ;-)

Off to the break room for another coffee

BTW, must be plain, black coffee, no sugar, no Splenda, if cream, use regualr heavy cream or a LITTLE half and half.
    Now I ain't saying I beat the Devil, but I drank his Beer for nothin'. And then I stole his song.

If you waste your time a-talking to the people who don't listen
    to the things that you are saying
    who do you think's going to hear?
    And if you should die explaining how the things that they complain about
    are things they could be changing,
    who d'you think's goin' to care?

WHOA! Hold on do I have to stop drinking my daily cup of coffee?
    No, I was just wondering as caffiene withdrawl is a lot like the first time you do keto.

No, I was just wondering as caffiene withdrawl is a lot like the first time you do keto.
    Well I don't drink enough coffee to have any caffeine withdrawals. Are you implying I did not do my KETO right and think it was just caffeine. I know I did the KETO right leading up to the cheat. Now as of tonight I am in Ketosis and looking flat in the mornings now and not bloated. I don't use a scale but I use the mirror and I can see results already.

No I know you did, just the headaches again after your cheat made me instantly think of caffiene. The headaches will get less and less as you adapt to the diet and switching back and forth.

No I know you did, just the headaches again after your cheat made me instantly think of caffiene. The headaches will get less and less as you adapt to the diet and switching back and forth.
    I just went back through and read all of your comments and I totally misinterpreted the things you said sorry my man.Thanks for all of your comments. Everything you say really helps me out alot.