Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ijl1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol Post Workout

Hi, I'm having a disagreement with my hosuemate. In short he doesn't think 1 drink (alcoholic) 1 pint of ale, about 8 hours after going to the gym will be detremental to his gaining muscle. I'm not entirely sure but surely it can't be a good idea to consume alcohol, however little post workout on a gym day.

Can anyone help settle this?

I did try the search but couldn't find anything this specific.
    Last edited by ijl1982; 01-29-2006 at 03:28 PM.

south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) south_paw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a huge drinker myself. I heard from my brother that you get out of an anobolic state when you drink alcohol...it is the oposite or something. All i know is that I have been told that it is more than the calories that hurt you when you drinkl alcohol.... It changes and hinders your body's ability to build muscle while the alcohol is in your system. My doctor brother explained this all to me in scientific terms, but all i got out of it is "more alcohol = less ability to gain muscle"

TheHooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a heavy drinker too and it seems the opposite happens with me...i have gained muscle and definition...even see my six-pack coming out. I think you have your diet straight and balance out the calories of alcohol so that you don't go over your calorie intake for the day, you'll be fine.

howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    alcohol lowers your test. level

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheHooligan
    I'm a heavy drinker too and it seems the opposite happens with me...i have gained muscle and definition...even see my six-pack coming out. I think you have your diet straight and balance out the calories of alcohol so that you don't go over your calorie intake for the day, you'll be fine.
    This happens because alcohol dehydrates you, making you look more ripped (temporarily) but in the long run it adds fat. You are somewhat right about the calorie limit per day thing. However, a calorie is not always a calorie. Alcohol calories are empty calories that do nothing for your body. If you had those calories in real food of protein, healthy fat, and carbs, you would grow a lot more.

RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamboII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't drink days when I workout, case closed for me. If I drink its on saturday and I lift m-w-f.

hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000) hypnotikk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Going by this past Friday, I'm so over drinking. I started at 11pm, had about 4 pints, not drunk at all, just very buzzed. I didn't wake up with a headache, but I felt crappy the whole day. I missed a workout because of that.

Hates the word "Curls" Masta ZuZ's Avatar
    Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Masta ZuZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lay off the sauce then
    Pain is just a state of mind.

"Don't Think, Just Push!" - Quoted by a spotter. Dam good advice.

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9467630#post9467630

Registered User DrStrangeLove86's Avatar
    DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrStrangeLove86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Booze in short flushes your system, due to dehydration. When you become dehydrated your cells flush all the nutrients out of themselves. This mean you are flushing all the good stuff out like protein, vitamins, ammino acids, and creatine (if your using it). So in short every now and again, drinking is ok... moderate drinking is fine... but I wouldn't get wasted all the time.

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you have your diet straight and balance out the calories of alcohol so that you don't go over your calorie intake for the day, you'll be fine.
    this isn't true. TRUE, you should consume less cals on a drinking day, but the extra calories is just the tip of the iceburg. alcohol lowers your test levels, dehydrates you, and lowers the oxygen level in your body. i drink like a fish throughout the week, but i do it on off-days, and i consume a ****load of water, and on top of that, i usually hit the sauna the day after drinking as well.
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

brv071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, so after workouts the goal is to have high glycemic index carbohydrates, which means they are digested quickly... raising insulin levels. This is beneficial because the resultant insulin release from the pancreas spikes, which transports protein to muscles. You only want this after a workout though. Now, alcohol is even faster digesting than sugar and fruit carbohydrates, so my theory is that a small amount of high proof liquor (0.5 oz) after a workout is actually beneficial. However, my intuition is against this... Nevertheless, a little booze gives a nice twist to a protein shake. My favorites are: banana and vanilla whey shake with a little bacardi rum. Also a coffee shake with kahlua is tasty. Any thoughts?

sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sdfksdhgkhsdg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i had a couple of drinks one time next day after working out and it made me feel like ****. My muscles became really sore, like they would hurt and I couldn't eat anything at all.

I quit drinking and smoking, feel 50x better.

Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100)
    lots of broscientists in this thread....

here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson11.htm

and the guy who said mixing his whey with rum is fuking retarded. srs

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pilch55 View Post
    lots of broscientists in this thread....

here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson11.htm

and the guy who said mixing his whey with rum is fuking retarded. srs
    lots of lulz in this thread from early 2006. quick question though: i know mixing whey and alcohol is dumb but what is the reason exactly?

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    lots of lulz in this thread from early 2006. quick question though: i know mixing whey and alcohol is dumb but what is the reason exactly?
    The alcohol of course
    (no, i haven't tried it...)
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100) Pilch55 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    Consuming alcohol dramatically decreases testosterone levels, causing them to take as much as two weeks before they return to normal. Consumption of alcohol also lowers your Growth Hormone production, and increases your estrogen production.

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)

Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Azban is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I don't mean to be dismissive but you guys need to grow a pair. Whats the point in spending hundreds of hours in the gym if you cant enjoy the fruits of your labor my dudes!

Yes I agree alcohol will hinder your gains somewhat but if you diet right, time it correctly and drink plenty of water the effects will be minimal. Never drink the day of working out, drink plenty of water before you head to bed drunk and dont drink on an empty stomach. Follow these rules you'll be fine. Personally Ive drank the guts of a bottle of rum and have been fine the next day once I drink plenty of water and get a decent sleep. Stay away from jack and cokes or beer...too many calories! Maybe one or two guinness would be good as it contains 2g protein, B vitamins and lots of Iron!

TIP::::My favorite thing to drink are low calories mojitos. They are cheap, are full of water, have little sugar and taste amazing! I use 1 shot of rum, juice of half a lime, 6 mint leaves, plenty of ice, sparkling water and one spoon of honey. Half the calories of one pint of beer and keeps you more hydrated as well!

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Azban View Post
    I don't mean to be dismissive but you guys need to grow a pair. Whats the point in spending hundreds of hours in the gym if you cant enjoy the fruits of your labor my dudes!

Yes I agree alcohol will hinder your gains somewhat but if you diet right, time it correctly and drink plenty of water the effects will be minimal. Never drink the day of working out, drink plenty of water before you head to bed drunk and dont drink on an empty stomach. Follow these rules you'll be fine. Personally Ive drank the guts of a bottle of rum and have been fine the next day once I drink plenty of water and get a decent sleep. Stay away from jack and cokes or beer...too many calories! Maybe one or two guinness would be good as it contains 2g protein, B vitamins and lots of Iron!

TIP::::My favorite thing to drink are low calories mojitos. They are cheap, are full of water, have little sugar and taste amazing! I use 1 shot of rum, juice of half a lime, 6 mint leaves, plenty of ice, sparkling water and one spoon of honey. Half the calories of one pint of beer and keeps you more hydrated as well!
    You just bumped a thread from 2006. Why. How did you even find it.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ravax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    You just bumped a thread from 2006. Why. How did you even find it.
    A Thread Necromancer!!

Message Board King xLostxAngelx's Avatar
    xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would hope not. Alcohol is corrosive to the human body. Which means that in its raw form, before the body can metabolize it into sugars and consume it, it destroys every lesser cell and biological compound it comes in contact with. In addition to that, wine and beer naturally come laced with heavy metals and toxins due to no distillation process. Just like Soy, it shouldn't even be legal for consumption, but that's the power of a multi-billion dollar industry.

I wrote a document on this, if you'd like to read it. All the information is there, but I wrote it from heart, so you'll have to cross-reference everything for yourself if you'd like to make sure that it all checks out.

http://tinyurl.com/A4Alcohol
    .. ... [Red Bar Crew] ... ..

──▄█▀█▄─────────██
    ▄████████▄───▄▀█▄▄▄▀
    ██▀▼▼▼▼▼─▄▀──█▄▄
    █████▄▲▲▲─▄▄▄▀───▀▄
    ██████▀▀▀▀─▀────────▀▀

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xLostxAngelx View Post
    I would hope not. Alcohol is corrosive to the human body. Which means that in its raw form, before the body can metabolize it into sugars and consume it, it destroys every lesser cell and biological compound it comes in contact with. In addition to that, wine and beer naturally come laced with heavy metals and toxins due to no distillation process. Just like Soy, it shouldn't even be legal for consumption, but that's the power of a multi-billion dollar industry.

I wrote a document on this, if you'd like to read it. All the information is there, but I wrote it from heart, so you'll have to cross-reference everything for yourself if you'd like to make sure that it all checks out.

Enjoying alcohol in moderation is absolutely fine. Let me guess, you're vegan aswell?

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread was made on my son's birthday.

How time flys!
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

So much nonsense in this post, it's painful to read.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the ocassional post workout beer and steak

Nothing better than an ice cold beer when you're grilling some meat
    Brosplit Crew
    Richstrong Crew
    "Lol half natty of piss." - Quadfecta

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A Musclehead's Guide to Alcohol by Alan Aragon

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...ide-to-alcohol
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Message Board King xLostxAngelx's Avatar
    xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xLostxAngelx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    So much nonsense in this post, it's painful to read.
    No my friend, I'm afraid you're just under-educated on the subject. Alcohol in its raw form is in-fact to corrosive.

http://www.drugrehabfl.net/the-effec...on-your-teeth/

And guess what...those corrosive properties extend to all tender tissue, lesser cells, and organic compounds. In its raw form, alcohol destroys blood cells, proteins, oxygen, the works—and it also destroys the cells that make up your more complex cellular structures. In fact, that is how it destroys your organs.

In addition to that, wine is especially toxic, because not only is the alcohol in it corrosive, wine is loaded with heavy metals and other toxins.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fo...-found-in-wine

FYI, what they mean by "isn't poisonous" is that consumption doesn't inherently kill you upon ingestion. It does however begin to flood your body with heavy metals and other toxins which build up to levels of toxicity and get deposited in the tissue of your brain, your organs, your glands, and your muscles.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-metal-health/

These toxic deposits will eventually lead to more serious complications arising (such as Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's disease). The toxic levels of metals deposited in our tissue inhibit our cellular integrity.

Alcohol makes everything in your body lay down and rot, so saying that drinking in moderation can healthy is like saying that exposing your balls to x-rays in moderation can be healthy. Drinking a glass of wine a day is about as unhealthy as masturbating each day (and yes—for both men and women that is very unhealthy).

Here are a few more links to close the gaps on some of the statements I've made here.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022739_wi...chemicals.html

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.c...vy-metals.html

There is a good reason why certain martial arts families (such as the Gracie family) forbid alcohol consumption—and those reasons have everything to do with the points of interest that I've highlighted here.
    .. ... [Red Bar Crew] ... ..

──▄█▀█▄─────────██
    ▄████████▄───▄▀█▄▄▄▀
    ██▀▼▼▼▼▼─▄▀──█▄▄
    █████▄▲▲▲─▄▄▄▀───▀▄
    ██████▀▀▀▀─▀────────▀▀

jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No my friend, I'm afraid you're just under-educated on the subject. Alcohol in its raw form is in-fact to corrosive.

http://www.drugrehabfl.net/the-effec...on-your-teeth/

And guess what...those corrosive properties extend to all tender tissue, lesser cells, and organic compounds. In its raw form, alcohol destroys blood cells, proteins, oxygen, the works—and it also destroys the cells that make up your more complex cellular structures. In fact, that is how it destroys your organs.

In addition to that, wine is especially toxic, because not only is the alcohol in it corrosive, wine is loaded with heavy metals and other toxins.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fo...-found-in-wine

FYI, what they mean by "isn't poisonous" is that consumption doesn't inherently kill you upon ingestion. It does however begin to flood your body with heavy metals and other toxins which build up to levels of toxicity and get deposited in the tissue of your brain, your organs, your glands, and your muscles.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-metal-health/

These toxic deposits will eventually lead to more serious complications arising (such as Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's disease). The toxic levels of metals deposited in our tissue inhibit our cellular integrity.

Alcohol makes everything in your body lay down and rot, so saying that drinking in moderation can healthy is like saying that exposing your balls to x-rays in moderation can be healthy. Drinking a glass of wine a day is about as unhealthy as masturbating each day (and yes—for both men and women that is very unhealthy).

Here are a few more links to close the gaps on some of the statements I've made here.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022739_wi...chemicals.html

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.c...vy-metals.html

There is a good reason why certain martial arts families (such as the Gracie family) forbid alcohol consumption—and those reasons have everything to do with the points of interest that I've highlighted here.
    Alcohol is a solvent and a powerful one, good at stripping things down

I normally stay away from it because I don't want to try stripping down my insides

But gotta die one way or another
    Brosplit Crew
    Richstrong Crew
    "Lol half natty of piss." - Quadfecta

LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LovetoLift79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ijl1982 View Post
    Hi, I'm having a disagreement with my hosuemate. In short he doesn't think 1 drink (alcoholic) 1 pint of ale, about 8 hours after going to the gym will be detremental to his gaining muscle. I'm not entirely sure but surely it can't be a good idea to consume alcohol, however little post workout on a gym day.

Can anyone help settle this?

I did try the search but couldn't find anything this specific.
    Depends on what your goals are. I'd rather spend my money on my gym membership, supplements, and groceries. I also really enjoy going to bed early and getting up early so going drinking doesn't really interest me at all. I love the feeling of being mentally and physically fresh and well rested. I also love working out on Friday and Saturday nights at an empty gym with all the equipment to choose from and not having to wait for dumb **** hogging free weights or a machine while he plays and messages on ******** while I am there. Never understood that one either. Go to the gym to play on your phone with 10 minute breaks in between sets. Yeah that's gonna get ya really far.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jacobcmurphy View Post
    Alcohol is a solvent and a powerful one, good at stripping things down

I normally stay away from it because I don't want to try stripping down my insides

But gotta die one way or another
    Lemons, limes, and many food items are corrosive... do you only eat basics? Must suck never having salsa...
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823