Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Basic Cuts/Glucophase XR Log

Basic Cuts Info
    http://bodybuilding.com/store/design/basic.html

Glucophase XR Info
    http://bodybuilding.com/store/design/glucoxr.html

Supplement Usage
    Basic Cuts:
    2 caps pre-workout (usually between 6:30 and 7am) and 2 caps mid-afternoon (12-2pm)

GXR:
    High and Low Carb Days: 3 caps on high and low carb days; 1 cap pre-workout, 1 cap with lunch, and 1 cap before bed

No Carb Days: 1 cap pre-cardio and 1 cap before bed

What I Will be Looking for in this Stack
    1-1.5lbs of weight loss per week
    Pre-workout energy
    Mid-day energy
    Something to keep me awake during Zoology lab

What I Will be Comparing this Stack too
    Xtreme Formulations Chizled
    MAN Scorch

Random
    I am what you would consider "stimulant retarded." Meaning, I don't get a lot of energy out of most supplements such as caffeine or ephedrine.

I used GXR last year while doing UD2.0.
    Last edited by Stormrider; 01-29-2006 at 09:53 AM.

Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Goal
    Get down to 10-12% range

Stats

I am unable to get pics at this moment, which I apologize for. I planned on taking them this morning at home but was forced to come back to school a day early to get help on a chemistry assignment. I asked my roomie to take the pics but he said he wasn't into that, haha.

Workout Info
    I am currently doing HST and am will be starting week 6 of 8 tommorow. My routine is as follows:

Squat
    Seated Leg Curl
    DB Bench Press
    Barbell Row
    SOHP w/ DB's
    Nose Breakers
    1-Arm DB Preacher Curl
    Smith Machine Calf Raises
    Pulldown Abs

3x5 on all exercises.

Thirty or so minutes of cardio on most off days. This is done on an empty stomach but Saturday's cardio is usually HIIT.

Diet
    I have been using Twin Peak's Carb Cylcing Diet for the past five weeks and have went from 220 to 212. I plan to continue this plan for the next three weeks. After three weeks I will be eating at maitence for a week or two during my SD from HST. More info on carb cylcing can be found here:

http://www.avantlabs.com/page.php?pageID=159&issueID=15

My weekly layout looks like this:

Monday - High Carb
    Tuesday - No Carb
    Wednesday - Low Carb
    Thursday - No Carb
    Friday - High Carb
    Saturday - Low Carb
    Sunday - No Carb

I do not keep track of macros as TP suggest in the article but if I had to estimate on my intakes they would be as follows:

220g. Protein (Everyday)
    50g. Carbs (No Carb Days)
    175g. Carbs (Low Carb Days)
    225g. Carbs (High Carb Days)
    50-60g. Fat (Everyday)

Supplements
    The following supplements will be used along with the Basic Cuts/GXR stack:

1 Multi-Vitamin
    1 Vitamin C Cap (1000mg.)
    1 Vitamin E Cap (400IU)
    10 Fish Oil Caps (3g. EPH/DHA)
    6 PrimaForce Elastamines
    2 Calcium Caps (1g.)
    1 Asacol (Medication for colitis)
    5g. Taurine

Also, I will be starting creatine tommorow as I have just finished up using Phenogen for five weeks.
    Last edited by Stormrider; 01-29-2006 at 12:34 PM.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh man, charts/graphs......I'm already excited.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Sunday, January 29th, 2006

Day 1 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps taken @ 9:30am (Breakfast), 2 Basic Cuts caps + 1 GXR cap taken @ 12:00pm (Pre-Workout), 1 GXR cap @ 10:30pm (Pre-Bed)
    Training:

X-Trainer - 30 Minutes
    381k Burned

Notes: Alright, its only day one and I noticed an increase in my workout preformance. I didn't even fell like I was really pushing it today but ended up buring 20+ more calories than I usually do while using the X-Trainer. I also noticed my heart rate was about 5-7bpm higher than it usually is. Also, I usually don't break a sweat until the 15 minute mark or so. Today I started sweating like crazy about five minutes into my workout. It felt like wrestling practice all over to me again, crazy!

I felt a little light headed after getting off of the X-Trainer. Which I was expecting because this happened to me last time I used GXR and trained with on little to no carbs. It wasn't horrible but it was noticable.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes: I didn't notice much from the Basic Cuts @ 9:30am but if you read above, you can tell I definatly noticed an increase in workout preformance and an increase in core temperature.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those calorie counters are nothing, but the increased HR is excellent. Where do you try to keep your rate during cardio?
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

Originally Posted by uhockey
    Those calorie counters are nothing, but the increased HR is excellent. Where do you try to keep your rate during cardio?
    I try and keep my heart rate between 130 and 135. Yesterday I was 140-143 bpm for the majority of the time.

Originally Posted by Stormrider
    I try and keep my heart rate between 130 and 135. Yesterday I was 140-143 bpm for the majority of the time.
    I generally shoot for 140-150. Quite the beautiful range for "fat burning" without dipping too greatly into glycogen storage. I used to like intervals, but I've found steady med-intensity to be a Godsend.

Monday, January 30th, 2006

Day 2 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 6:45am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 12:30pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 12pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

Squat: 3x5
    Seated Leg Curl: 3x5
    DB Bench Press supersetted with Barbell Row: 3x5
    SOHP w/ DB: 3x5
    Nose Breakers supersetted with 1-Arm DB Preacher Curls: 3x5
    Smith Machine Calf Raises supersetted with Pulldown Abs: 3x5

Notes: I didn't have the crazy sweating like yesterday but I had a very nice workout. Focus and energy were all excellent as well. It's too early to compare it to my usual Chizled, Neurostim, and Ephedrine HCL pre-workout stack.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes: I noticed something interesting with my chest muscles about an hour or so after workout. While they didn't feel pumped up during the workout, they sure did after. As I sat in class my chest felt like it was getting stretched out. This is something I have never experienced before.

No light headedness today but that is probably because it was a high carb day.

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Monday, January 30th, 2006

Day 2 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 6:45am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 12:30pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 12pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

Notes: I didn't have the crazy sweating like yesterday but I had a very nice workout. Focus and energy were all excellent as well. It's too early to compare it to my usual Chizled, Neurostim, and Ephedrine HCL pre-workout stack.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes: I noticed something interesting with my chest muscles about an hour or so after workout. While they didn't feel pumped up during the workout, they sure did after. As I sat in class my chest felt like it was getting stretched out. This is something I have never experienced before.

No light headedness today but that is probably because it was a high carb day.

Hey Stormrider! Im testing too! I also get the sweats! I wish you the best of luck! I am subscribed

I am so impressed by the log quality of these testers so far.

beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

good luck stormrider!
    - SNS Rep
    - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sns/sns.htm
    - Beer20 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Thanks fellas.

Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice log so far, not that I am suprised.
    DS and ID Mag, 'nuff said. For now.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Tuesday, January 31st, 2006

Day 3 out of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 8am (Breakfast), 2 Basic Cuts caps @ 12:30pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR Cap @ 12p,
    Training:

Off Day

Notes: I did plan to do cardio this morning but I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. My dorms broomball team played a late game and after that I really didn't want to sleep. So it was sleep for an extra two hours or go workout on five hours of sleep and than go to six hours of class. No thanks! I'll do cardio after working out sometime this week to make up for it.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes: I took 2 Basic Cuts caps before my three hour Zoology class and stayed awake the whole time, awsome!

No dizziness today with GXR either.

Other Notes: Went to a badass concert this evening! I went and saw Cellador, who was opening for some band from Finland who I didn't really care about. Cellador just got signed to record label and I've been listening to there demo since last summer. I was up front singing along and the lead singer let me sing with him a little bit and I met four out of the five guys in the band after.

Zoology and Concerts? Sounds like me about 5 years ago! The best logs always give me the "extra" details. Love it.

Wednesday, February 1st, 2005

Day 4 out of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 8:00am (Breakfast), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 4:00pm (Pre-Workout), and 1 GXR Cap @ 10pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

Barbell Row: 3x5
    DB Bench Press: 3x5
    Smith Machine Calf Raises: 3x5
    Pulldown Abs: 1x4, 2x5
    Bike - 15 Mintues - 107k burned

Notes: I felt like crap during this workout. I was up late last night and didn't feel like getting up in the morning and working out on little sleep. The later in the day it gets, the less I want to workout.

Plus, I had Pizza Hut about two hours prior to the workout. Making me feel rather slugglish.

Besides all that, I pushed through and got the job done. I wanted to do 30 minutes of cardio but all the ellipticals were in use and my ass couldn't take sitting on the bike any longer.

I'll push it extra hard tommorow!

Diet
    As I stated above, I went to Pizza Hut this afternoon. I really didn't want too but I did anyways. I had a lunch date of sorts. I wanted Quizno's because they have a good "lite" sub and side salad. She wanted Pizza Hut. I wouldn't mind her having my babies someday, so to make a dumb story short, I ate pizza and still am cold and alone.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes:
    I noticed my forearms are starting to become a bit more vascular the past two days. Which happened last time I used GXR. My right calf is becomming vascular once again too! Calf veins rule!

Thursday, February 2nd, 2006

Day 5 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps 1 GXR cap @ 8:00am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts caps @ 12:30pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 10pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

X-Trainer - 30 Minutes
    392k Burned

Notes: I pushed it a bit harder than usually today and had my HR up between 140 and 145 for the majority of the time. I was sweating like crazy once again. I think I need to break out the old bandana before I do cardio again.

Basic Cuts/GXR Notes: Energy has been stable through the day. Hunger hasn't been a problem either. Things are looking up.

Friday, February 3rd, 2006

Day 6 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 6:30am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 12:30pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 10pm (Bed)
    Training:

SOHP w/ DB's: 3x5

Notes: Tough workout but I got through it and survived. I look forward to the next two weeks because I will be working with my 5 rep maxes and moving some heavier weight. Opposed to getting funny looks for doing light weight and 15 reps, hahaha.

Basic Cuts/GXR Stack: I am liking the boost GXR gives me in the morning before I workout. Today I woke up and really didn't want to move but after taking the stack and moving around for a bit I definatly felt ready too go.

I did crash about around 11:30am or so. It was nearly impossible to keep my eyes open during my math class. I think this might be because I am used to taking Chizled three times a day. Morning, mid-morning, and afternoon. Which equals out to be 200mg. of caffeine, three times a day. Right now I'm at 200mg, twice a day.

Other: My back and neck have been killing me all week and feel even worse today. My guess its from the heavy back pack and sitting in class or in the library for five to eight hours a day is getting me. Hopefully I can get into my chiropractor tommorow.
    Last edited by Stormrider; 02-03-2006 at 08:16 PM.

That caffeine drop could definitely be responsible. So could math class. What level math?

That caffeine drop could definitely be responsible. So could math class. What level math?
    College Algebra and Trig...zzzz..zzzz....Just like the rest of my classes. The first two years of a Biomedical Science major aren't very exciting at all.

College Algebra and Trig...zzzz..zzzz....Just like the rest of my classes. The first two years of a Biomedical Science major aren't very exciting at all.
    The first 4 years of Biology weren't very exciting......actually, neither was the first year of medical school. Good luck with that though, just be happy when you're done and can put math behind ya for good, I know I was.

The first 4 years of Biology weren't very exciting......actually, neither was the first year of medical school. Good luck with that though, just be happy when you're done and can put math behind ya for good, I know I was.
    Yep, only one more math class to go! Than its the hardcore chemistry's and than chiropractic college. Bleh, I'm gonna be poor.

Saturday, February 4th, 2006

Day 7 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 6:00am (Breakfast), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 11:45am (Pre-Workout), and 1 GXR cap @ 12:00pm (Bed)
    Training:

X-Trainer - HIIT - 19.5 Minutes
    237k Burned

5 Minute Warm-up, 30 second sprint followed by a 1 minute jog x 7, 5 Minute Cool-down

Notes: I usually do HIIT on Saturday to just change things up in my training. I noticed something a bit odd today, usually I am sweating like crazy five minutes into my cardio session but today with sprints I barely broke a sweat. Even after going all out of those sprints.

Basic Cuts/GXR Stack: I had another energy crash today around 1:30pm. Which was a bit odd because I took Basic Cuts about two hours before this time. It might have been the workout wearing me down, that or my music history book. :P

Sunday, February 5th, 2006

Day 8 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps @ 9:30am (Breakfast), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 12:00pm (Pre-Workout), and 1 GXR cap @ 10:30pm (Bed)
    Training:

X-Trainer - HIIT - 19.5 Minutes
    249k Burned

Notes: I cranked the resistance on the machine up a few more notches from yesterday and went at it! My heart rate was up in the 160 range during and after the sprints and I was sweating like crazy.

Diet: Today was a no carb day but I did have a half cup of oats before and another half cup after HIIT. I remember reading HIIT isn't the best idea with no carbs in your system.

Basic Cuts/GXR Stack: I checked my bodyweight this morning and was at 210lbs. Which is down 2lbs. from last week! For the past five weeks I have been averaging 1.5lbs. of weight loss. Interesting.....

Won't read too much into it so far, but how do you feel in general? 2lbs if you're still feeling good is fantastic.

Won't read too much into it so far, but how do you feel in general? 2lbs if you're still feeling good is fantastic.
    I still feel rather good. I am a bit tired always but seven hours of sleep a night, five to seven hours of class, labs, studying, and AM training will do that too you.

I still have the will to get up and go train, appetite is under control, and I don't feel like I am going crazy. So all is well.

Monday. February 6th, 2006

Day 9 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 6:30am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 12:15pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 12pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

quat: 3x5
    SOHP w/ DB's: 3x5

Notes: Things went very wel today. I used last Friday's weights for everything but calf raises. Which were way too light, so I am adding 10-15lbs. per day until I get up to a more accurate 5RM.

Many lifts actually went easier today than they did Friday. I imagine creatine has something to do with that.

Basic Cuts/GXR Stack: My energy levels were relatively stable today. I made it through math with out dozing off but an hour after my second seving of Basic Cuts I zonked out. I figured I'd be wide awake like I am in the morning but instead I struggled to keep my head up.

Other: I had a broomball game this evening that involved a lot of running. Wooo! Extra cardio. Although, I did have a beer with the neighbors after. I resisted a second, third, and tenth though.
    Last edited by Stormrider; 02-06-2006 at 10:37 PM.

I still feel rather good. I am a bit tired always but seven hours of sleep a night, five to seven hours of class, labs, studying, and AM training will do that too you.

I still have the will to get up and go train, appetite is under control, and I don't feel like I am going crazy. So all is well.
    .........sounds like my life, only slightly better. Don't go to medical school, you don't want to do this cycle till you're 30.

.........sounds like my life, only slightly better. Don't go to medical school, you don't want to do this cycle till you're 30.
    Haha, I'm going to chiro school. I've heard horror stories about that as well.

Tuesday, February 7th, 2006

Day 10 of 30
    Time Taken: 2 Basic Cuts caps and 1 GXR cap @ 8:15am (Pre-Workout), 2 Basic Cuts @ 12:20pm (Lunch), and 1 GXR cap @ 11:00pm (Bed Time)
    Training:

X-Trainer - 35 Minutes
    439k Burned

Notes: I felt like I was floating after finishing cardio this morning. Good 'ol GXR.

Basic Cuts/GXR Stack: My energy levels were stable once again today. I felt noticably warm two hours after my workout this morning. Which was nice because I was walking around outside in cold weather. Damn Wisconsin...
    Last edited by Stormrider; 02-07-2006 at 09:09 PM.