NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What results will I get from pushups/situps only?

I don't have access to a gym for another few months, dont' have room for a weight set, and I can't really do dips or pullups because it's freezing outside and the bars will be freezing cold.

So basically I'm doing pushups and situps 3x a week.

spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you will get better and pushups and situps thats about it
    if i was a spartan they would of fuked me off the cliff as a newborn!
    i blame my parents for my ****ty genetics!!!!!!!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Initially, something.

Then, probably nothing. You'll need more resistance to advance very soon.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NoWeakness View Post
    I don't have access to a gym for another few months, dont' have room for a weight set, and I can't really do dips or pullups because it's freezing outside and the bars will be freezing cold.

So basically I'm doing pushups and situps 3x a week.
    bench dips?
    inverted rows?
    BW squats/lunges?
    calf raises?
    handstand pushups leaning on the wall?
    curl milk jugs filled with sand?

oh, and for the freezing bars...wear gloves?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're only doing pushups and situps and unable to add any equipment, try some of these: http://beastskills.com/tutorials.htm Handstand pushups, one-legged squats, L-Seat, etc are very good for you.
    My log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144840161&page=3

407/226/457 @ 128.0 at 2013 USAPL MO State / Ozarks
    342/210/435 @ 120.8 at 2012 Arnold Sports Festival Raw Challenge

[ Misc Strength Crew ] [ Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs ]

james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james258 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to figure out a way to work your back as well...such as inverted rows and/or pullups. Throw in some bodyweight squats and lunges as well. If you only worked the front side you would look kinda funny. If someone only works chest and does no back work then their shoulders will eventually round forward.

Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porthos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First learn all the bodyweight exercises that are possible and their variations. Pushups, there's a wide variety and you can also increase / decrease the intensity based on how you do them...i.e. one armed pushups, pushups with your feet elevated, etc. Squats, there's the basic bodyweight one, then there's prisoner squats, pistols, etc, etc. You can even do door pullups...just open a door, put a towel on top and just do your pullups on the door. Situps, learn all the varieties, tons of options to workout your core.

Second option is to get a few cheap things to increase the intensity of your workouts. Door mounted pullup bar...there's a few good ones that sell for around $40. Resistance bands, they're a good alternative when space is an issue, spend $40 there and you can easily add anywhere from 100 to 200 pounds of band resistance, or you can buy a weighted vest, that'll help increase the intensity of the bodyweight stuff you do. Powerpushup 2 as well, great for adding resistance to regular pushups.

If you just do standard pushups and situps, you're going to get limited results...if you learn all the bodyweight exercises you can, and also add some form of resistance, you'll keep whatever gains you got and possibly add some depending on how hard you want to keep it.

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by spider28 View Post
    you will get better and pushups and situps thats about it
    lol, x2..

That's what I was going to say =P

Maybe some calorie expenditure.. but not much.

Aside from that - there is a LOT more you can do without equipment that will train you better.

Burpees
    You can add weight to bodyweight squats
    or
    pullups..
    or add weight to situps, keep them in the 10 rep range or so..
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    oh, and for the freezing bars...wear gloves?
    My thoughts exactly. My old school gym wasn't heated, which meant gloves for every lift for the winter months. It was also that kind of experience that got me into pull-ups using multiple towels as a Scotsman's replacement for a thicker bar.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dunno, because whether or not these guys are on the juice or actually work out with weights, but from what i've seen, all they do is dips, push ups, and pull ups http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZsMYqbbIE
    VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS " Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

I wanna be freaky big at 6'5''

ACE certified PT