trp21071 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trp21071 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink I am new to ANDROGEL

I have recently obtained a script of androgel from my DR. and I am on the 5gm/day dose. I am a sexy sexy man of 36 yrs with a full head of dreadlocks.LOL. Seriously though, what are my chances of going bald on such a low maintenance dose. For that matter, how concerned should I be with all the possible negatives associated with this funky stuff. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)

Tired of being lied to resurrected's Avatar
    resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000)
    If worried about your hair then get a DHT alpha blocker such as dutasteride.

jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In theory your balding destiny should be no different on hormone replacement therapy than it would have been had your body maintained 'normal' testosterone levels on it's own. Vulnerability to premature balding from testosterone is strongly affected by genetics, so there's no way to be sure what your risk is, although looking at any uncles (particularly on your mother's side) may give some indication. (Pattern baldness is often, though not always, passed on through the mother.)

Many people (probably most) are quite immune to premature balding caused by testosterone. Looking at bodybuilders/athletes who's used steroids you can see examples of both cases; Swartzenegger still has a pretty full head of hair, while Hulk Hogan went very bald at a pretty young age.

trp21071 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trp21071 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks jude-o, I hope you are dead wrong, but I suspect you are quite right. I recall hearing that somewhere b4 about the uncles and such. Both of my mom's bros had the MPB(male pattern baldness ) thing going on.

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trp21071 View Post
    I have recently obtained a script of androgel from my DR. and I am on the 5gm/day dose. I am a sexy sexy man of 36 yrs with a full head of dreadlocks.LOL. Seriously though, what are my chances of going bald on such a low maintenance dose. For that matter, how concerned should I be with all the possible negatives associated with this funky stuff. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you are prone to male pattern baldness already, it is a serious concern. When I was thirty-five years old about three years ago, I started taking compounded testosterone gel (similar to Androgel) and it rapidly melted off all the already thinning hair off the entire top of my head! Now granted to I was already significantly thinning from male pattern baldness, and I was suffering from low testosterone, but it really was a dramatic acceleration of my hair loss to go with the increase in my virility and sexual function.

Luckily now, I am in top shape physically(single digit b.f., ripped, healthy) and mentally for a thirty-nine year old man. In my case, I just went with the the option of shaving my head, dressing better in clothes that fit my more athletic body and keeping a nice tan, so that I look younger and better than I ever did in years.

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    i had a short period of hair loss - it reminded me of college. then it stopped falling out and evrything is back to normal. actually, my body hair is growing out of control - i look like a monkey.

things to look for. you should go back for a blood test in 4 weeks. it is possible you will get some sort of a false reading (high or low), hopefully your doc knows that and will not be alarmed. stay the course and come back for your 12 week for another test
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

If this stuff benefits me in the ways you mention I'm certain I will opt to do the same rather than discontinue use for the sake of some hair. But let us suppose I did start to go thin & stopped using, woul it return ?

dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been on Testim for about two months and have not noticed any hair loss. I have notice a drastically increased sex drive and hardening of my muscles. Go to the IBBF Pro section, then HRT. You will find lots of answers from quality bro's with the same problems.
    Last edited by dot1; 01-26-2008 at 09:51 AM.

What about finasteride(procerin) as a DHT blocker ? It's claim is NO sexual dysfunction. However, they say it's all natural which unfortunately might not be able to counter the pharm grade ANDROGEL. Does that assumption sound logical or is procerin truly affective as a DHT blocker?

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jude-o View Post
    In theory your balding destiny should be no different on hormone replacement therapy than it would have been had your body maintained 'normal' testosterone levels on it's own.
    Agreed, according to my urologist, who also said that there is no more risk of prostate cancer on a therapeutic and physiologic dose of T replacement than there is for a man with normal T levels.