Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mobilecrackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i need to gain 10kg .this may help

rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rallen4a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when all else fails, hang out with mary jane.. the hunger, it will come

jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100) jsobey is not very well liked. (-100)
    I like your suggestions, especially about blending your foods. However, I have to disagree with you on olive oil

(Try adding olive oil or peanut butter to your blended drinks. 1/4 cup of olive oil has 500+ calories and is mostly monosaturated fat (the good kind)).

NO WAY! Oil is pure fat and it will be stored as fat unless you're burning it and for MOST people, the body will consume the carbs first and store the fat. You'll just be packing on the chub!

Registered User benjamincrowell's Avatar
    benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamincrowell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnyboy View Post
    this article is intended for those who have trouble putting on any weight.

If you are eating correctly the struggle shouldn't be be gaining weight. The real struggle should be putting on more muscle than fat. That comes from training and smart. Here is how i changed the struggle from gaining any weight to gaining more muscle than fat. Keep in mind that i've previous thought it was impossible for me to gain weight.

This is a compilation of useful information i have gathered from many articles.

***the number one rule is to consume more calories than you burn***

"but i can't possibly eat more. I eat until i feel sick and still can't eat more." here are some tricks to get yourself to eat more.

1) blend it. You can consume more calories in a liquid than in a solid.

2) eat every two hours. *don't* stuff yourself at any given feed. I have found this is counterproductive. Just eat until you feel comfortably full. Then you will be able to eat again in 2 hours

3) eat calorie dense foods. Don't be afraid of fats and carbs when you are trying to gain weight. They are necessary to get your calories up. For health reasons try to minimize saturated fat. You want to make your ratio of carbs/protein/fat about 50/30/20.

4) drink tons of liquids in between meals. Try for at least a gallon of liquid a day in between meals. This will help digestion enormously. Drink milk if your body can handle it. Drink fruit juice or water if you can't.

5) get one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. This is easier if you use a protein powder.

6) take flax oil. Great source of good fat.

Tips and extras:

Try digestive aids. I personally like ginger root and acidophilis (in pill format).

Try adding olive oil or peanut butter to your blended drinks. 1/4 cup of olive oil has 500+ calories and is mostly monosaturated fat (the good kind).

If you really are having trouble gaining any weight, focus on making your blender drinks taste good. Maybe try chocolate sauce or peanut butter. Maybe make it out of fruit juice that you like.

Thinner drinks are easier to consume and will digest quicker than thicker drinks. If you are having trouble getting all your calories to gain, try making your drinks thinner. Use fruit juice instead of fruit. Don't use ice (or use less). Use milk instead of cottage cheese. You get the idea.

Supplements:

Notice i put these last? That is because they are supposed to supplement a proper diet and workout routine, not be the focus. Focus on getting your diet and workouts in order, then consider some of the extras. Supplements will do you no good if your diet and workouts are not solid. Even steroids will not work if you don't workout and eat right.

I'm not a supplement expert so i'll defer to others for advice on specific supplements. Research whatever you take to make sure the general consensus is it actually works and investigate potential side effects.
    thanks!

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This article is more than ten years old though; how much of it still applies nowadays?

For example:

5) get one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. This is easier if you use a protein powder.

I thought the recommended amount now is one gram /lb lean body mass, not overall bodyweight?

As for eating every two hours, isn't it more a case of eating when you're hungry? Apart from whether you're actually able to eat every two hours, it sounds like such a faff - you'd be eating pretty much all the time. How does that work if you're not at home for example?
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jsobey View Post
    I like your suggestions, especially about blending your foods. However, I have to disagree with you on olive oil

(Try adding olive oil or peanut butter to your blended drinks. 1/4 cup of olive oil has 500+ calories and is mostly monosaturated fat (the good kind)).

NO WAY! Oil is pure fat and it will be stored as fat unless you're burning it and for MOST people, the body will consume the carbs first and store the fat. You'll just be packing on the chub!
    Isn't it the extra calories that make you fat, not fat itself? 'Fat makes you fat' is a saying that belongs in the 80s, surely?
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100) mmaiya is not very well liked. (-100)
    I needed this info for my brother. Thanks!

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very good article and I am actually going to share this with someone right now.

egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice

tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10) tek.crx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the tips man. I need to start drinking more water. I do drink about a half gallon of milk a day, but i know i need more water.