Thread: Fasted Cardio!

GM2pzito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Fasted Cardio!

Cardio before bfast, I am having a major arguement with my faincees friend she says that cardio before eating is detremental because it does not burn fat but rather muscle. I am saying the opposite that fasted cardio is great. Do you guys have anything to help me support my beliefs I dont want to get powned!

-Phil

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends on the intensity and your overall nutrition.

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nithos
    Depends on the intensity and your overall nutrition.
    ^bump^

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also genetics. if your an ectomorph, i would want to eat beforehand, sparing every ounce of muscle i could.

me personally, i gain muscle very easily, i usually do it fasted, at least a couple hours fasted.

David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD
    also genetics. if your an ectomorph, i would want to eat beforehand, sparing every ounce of muscle i could.

me personally, i gain muscle very easily, i usually do it fasted, at least a couple hours fasted.
    Not eating for 2 hours isn't a fast.

Morning cardio will definitely burn a higher percentage of fat if done at the right intensity, but it probably burns a higher percentage of muscle also. Here is a hypothetical scenario.

Cardio after eating might burn calories with a ratio of 50% fat, 40% glycogen, and 10% muscle.

Fasted cardio might burn the same amount of calories but in a ratio of 65% fat, 20% glycogen, and 15% muscle.

So it's likely that both of you are right, it burns more fat and more muscle.

Outsider4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fasted cardio burns more fat but also poses the risk of burning alot of muscle. If you go on the treadmill and do HIIT or fast jogging or running for 30 minutes you will shred your muscle...even with a small snack before hand. So yea, low intensity is beneficial.