kinnykay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Anorexic Help

Hi there, I am searching for some info that I feel only experience may lend me. Up until 7 months ago I was border line anorexic eating less than 500 cal a day and drinking barely 8 ounces of water, seriously, and at the same time running everyday for about 4 miles! I started a nutrition and training program 7 months ago and I am now eating 1800 cal a day, drinking a gallon of water and totally cut out cardio and just doing strength training. I am 24 and 5'8" and started at 125lbs with 28%BF and I am currently at 145lbs and 19%BF. I work with Mr. Las Vegas for my training and nutrition so I know I am eating and working out right. My question is how long does it take to reset my metabolism? I am getting married in 5 months and want to know if it is realistic for me to think I can drop to 14-15%BF by then? I am, I guess what you consider the bulking up part of my plan now, come the end of February we start adding cardio in. Also any other training or nutrition advice is welcome!
    Thanks!!!

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As a recovered(ing) anorexic, I can say that it probably varies for everyone. I've went from a low of 86 lbs to 118 lbs and and now hanging around 107 lbs.

After getting out of in patient, I was still on a weight gain diet to get to my goal weight. It's been about 2.5 years and I'm still not sure my metabolism is "normal" per se. I also have a lot of digestive issues now.

That being said, depending on how long you were starving yourself, your body could bounce back faster. The longer you were doing it, the longer it will take to reset.

Keep doing what you're doing. 5 months is a long time and a lot of changes can be made in that time. Don't be surprised if your body fights you though. 14-15% BF is into the essential body fat range according to some sites.
    Last edited by SophieM; 01-27-2008 at 08:54 AM.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343