latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) latinhard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Aerobics for losing fat?

Hey guys, I am 28yo, 5'6", 145 #.
    I just started to work out about 3 weeks ago since I want to pack on some muscle mass, I want to get kinda bulky...but I have a problem I have a big belly and love handles...I look awefull...slim in the rest of my body and with a beer belly and I dont even drink beer.
    Somebody suggested me I should do any kind of cardio..aerobics, running, etc. in order to get rid of the fat in my belly.
    I am doing now 45 minutos cardio after my workout. Does this sound right? Also any suggestions with diets? I have cut down most of the junk food, fat, fried food and carbs so far.

awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    latinhard, I lost forty pounds by doing 45 minutes to one hour of walking a day, using a treadmill, that blossomed into alot of other things. But i know for a fact that you should try to do aneorobic exercise and aerobic at different times. maybe try doing your cardio on your "off" days.or try to do it first thing in the morning is reallly best. whatever cardio you plann to do try to make sure it is for at least forty five minutes even if it is on the treadmill at 3.0 mph. Rich
    Through research and observation; the solution to a problem will reveal itself.

IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000)

The Best Way To Lose Fat.

The best way to loose fat is to run twice a day...Once in the morning and once at night.

This is what I do...

I wake up and I go straight to a protein shake. After I had the shake, I will wait about 30 minutes so I don't get a sideach running. atfer I have waited 30 minutes, I go for a 20-30 minute jog. (The reason I have a protein shake before I run, is that I need to get my nitrogen levels up so I don't burn muscle instead of fat)

At night, after you had dinner(last meal), run for another 30 minutes.

The reason that you run twice a day is so that you can burn calories 24 hours a day.

Now to the diet.....(The hard part...remember 20% exercize, 80% diet)

What I usually do is 5-7 small meals a day, each meal has to have at least 20-30 grams of protein in it. (Small meals like this will keep your metabolism in high gear all day long. Starvation is never the answer to weight loss, you must eat to loose.)

This is my basic diet.

5:30 - Protein Shake
    7:30 - Protein Shake /4 Egg whites
    10:30 - Protein Bar
    2:30 - Tuna Salad/Fat Free Dressing
    4:30 - Protein Shake and Veggies
    6:30 Salad and Chicken Breast
    8:30 Protein Shake

I try to eat at least 200 grams of protein a day. Tuna, Egg whites, and chicken are cheap sourses of protein.

Water is very helpfull when you want to loose weight. I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. Water helps cleanse your body and helps flush out fat.

I hope that this infomation will help you get to where you want to be.
    Last edited by IxI Dan IxI; 10-31-2001 at 10:01 PM.

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i went from 220 to 160 by using the tredmill and eating clean...just dont eat anything that has yunk food written over it! stay away from fatty foods, and just eat plain clean..and yeah, i drank lots of H2O..
    Shut n Squat!

JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimRW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went from 205 to 140 just from running. I was putting in high mile weeks (50-60 miles), and I lost all of my muscle. At that time I didn't do any anaerobic training. I now lift and do minimal amounts of cardio (1-2 times per week), and I am back up to 180 lbs. with lots of muscle mass. The cardio will take the fat off of you, but with intense cardio will come some muscle loss. Keep the protein intake up to counter that. That has helped me tremendously.

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well yeah i got very weak, and my strenght when down like hell, and besides running i practice martial arts, so i dropped the wieght really fast...but when i reached 160, i said..i cant get any weaker, so i started bulkin since then
    Shut n Squat!

awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awesomeguy39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that too was my biggest mistake, Instead of "not eating" I should have just reduced calories. I lost alot of muscle mass in the process. I couldnt run because of knee surgery, I read that running actually only burns about ten to fifteen percent more calories per hour so I started hoofin it. worked for me.
    IxI, nice detailed program, I will try to be more thorough when I offer advice, water, eating habits, etc. are paramount, I guess I forget and take for granted people just know. good job. Rich

IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000) IxI Dan IxI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Rich, I try to take my time and go into details.
    -dan

fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4firsttime is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i lost 150lbs in a year and 3 months doing 30 min treadmill before breakfast, also had to follow a diabetic diet,cut out alchohol and sugar completly and took in only 1600 calories a day.i was drinking at least 18 beers a day and eating constantly, blood sugar was up to 390 now it stays at 90 +/- the only thing about a diabetic diet you have to understand the exchange rate of giving up one thing for another. this wont help you gain muscle but i started on cable weights while i was doing this and after i got to the weight i wanted i switched to free weights. just dont get discouraged it took a blood sugar test and the fear of a diabetic coma for me to stick with it

Good job fit !! Rich

cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cowboy3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Erobics? Hummmmm?

Hey guys, one thing I want to mention about weight controll, [that is how much fat weight compared to muscle weight] YES that is a form of controll. I don't want to step on anyones toes in here but I am one of these dudes that hate stairing at a ceiling
    wile I am exorcising, all my life it's been skinny to fat, diet now
    skinny again and creap back up. YA I took to the gym and worked out and starved to get the weight down ASAP. Then back to the normal fun routines of my time off. But Muscle, trim waiste lines are a "Lifestyle" reflection not a goal. If you work just to look good you will for a wile but keep in mind your doing something that is not thrilling, fun, and exiting for that goal. Well I tell ya
    people what brings me here you ask? I insidently kicked off 40 lbs.
    of fat, gained 20 in muscle and now I want to "enhance" my
    successes with some weight and workout training, mind you I said some not all day !!! So what happened, why am I still gaining muscle and not getting fat? I FOUND A SPORT THATS A BLAST and a whole lot of fun. Not only that but it pushes the envelope of near passing out from exuastion with out feeling any pain at all. But the pain when I stop is outragious. Never the less it started out as roller blading for erobics and toning. Then I met a guy that turned me on to mountain biking, showed me the ropes, the cliffs, the ramps , the wipeouts, the crash and burns and all the other neat LOG jumping rock hopping stuff.
    The downhill is a scarey thrill similar to my first takeoff in my home made airplane. The MORAL of this story people is if you have a YO-YO type of experience with body shape controll you might look into a lifestyle change instead of a "Gym club" unless you havent tried the Gym Clubs then by all means try before you buy or reject. But take a lesson here , if you are not having fun wile burning your muscles you are not going to say under controll
    forever. And will fall off the wagon. GET A PHYSICAL HOBBY !!
    Try everything from a to z and sooner or later you'll hit a high note with the right one for you and the weight loss of fat and weight gain of muscle will follow. Now intergrate your successes with the home gym equipments or exorcise plans to enhance your body shape. Don't feel bad when I miss a day doing situps, because I got my ten miles in on my roller blades for lunch, so no situps and ten miles of roller blading? I don't think I'll get fat again because I forgoed the situps :-) As long as you love what you do for exorcise you can't go wrong. For the first time in my life I have a washboard stomach, and that was before I even considered working out at home or in a gym. 6 months ago I was 30 pounds over weight flabby and droopy. Now I'm 153 lean pounds and full of pep. See pic.
    I'm 45 and look younger now then I did at 30. And I am not on a forced drill against my will. Find a way of having a ball when your doing it folks and you'll never quit !! :-)
    "Tell your congressman if you pay taxes on this land you have the right to skate and mountain bike on it also"