ok...I'm going to post SEVERAl recipes here tonight. They are sooooo yummy...and guess what. They are Keto friendly! YES! I was never knocked out of ketosis, and I've cooked this 3 times! lol
This is somewhat like Eileens "mozz sticks" which by the way...were soooooo yummy! I HIGHLY recommend them.
Ok..here is the recipe for Spicy Flax Cheese Cubes.
1) Monterey Jack Cheese block (8oz)/cut in half!
2) 1/4 cup (or 3 HeapingTBLSPS or 35g) of Flaxseed meal (i like golden)
3) 1 egg
4) 2 cups peanut oil (or less depending on pan)
5) Fav dipping sauce (I LOVE THESE WITH RANCH!!!!)
6) Optional seasoning (red pepper,italian or mrs. dash table salt 0carb!)
-Beat one egg till smooth in bowl
-Cut your 8oz block in half. Then cut 3 rows from the 4oz block you now have. In those 3 rows cut 3 cubes out of each row.
-roll in egg batter.
-roll in flax seed/and seasoning mixed in.
(you can re-roll in egg and again in flax seed, but you may have to add a few more tablespoons of flax)
Make sure the oil is HOT! You will only leave the cheese cubes in for about 1 min or so!
Place on paper towel and blot to drain off excess oil.
Dip in Ranch....oh my!! So yummy!
Let me know what you all think!
Thread: Spicy Flax Cheese Cubes..yum!