Registered User ISLAND STRENGTH's Avatar
    ISLAND STRENGTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Do you eat straight after

Hi There

I have read that you should eat 30-45min after lifting weights but eat an hour after a cardio session to let the body burn more fat during that hour.
    My question is if you are trying to lose weight does not eating an hour after lifting weights help burn fat also, ie will your body replenish itself from your extra fat or will it still eat muscle.

Thanks

Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wrestler12321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think most would agree that you should get some protien in your body soon after lifting. I have whey protien shake right after I lift, than I have a chicken brest 45 minutes after that.
    I rep back.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

-Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf

rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Do you eat straight after

Originally posted by ISLAND STRENGTH
    Hi There

I have read that you should eat 30-45min after lifting weights but eat an hour after a cardio session to let the body burn more fat during that hour.
    My question is if you are trying to lose weight does not eating an hour after lifting weights help burn fat also, ie will your body replenish itself from your extra fat or will it still eat muscle.

Thanks
    Your body needs protein for muscle recovery. That is why eating after lifting is so important. Fat cannot be converted to Protein, which are the building blocks of muscle. Thererfore, fat would not be an adequate source of nutrients for muscle recovery. It is however a source for fuel, to keep the body moving. Not the best source but its the one we want to use in order to loose fat. That is why not eating right after cardio is good. The body is still burning that fat, trying to keep up with the energy requirements, and we dont want it to switch to another souce right away. I hope that explains it for you.
    Signature donated to the memory of Raprazant.

muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscleboy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Wrestler12321
    I think most would agree that you should get some protien in your body soon after lifting. I have whey protien shake right after I lift, than I have a chicken brest 45 minutes after that.
    i dont think thats right
    I cannot be held responsible for anything I say because I was high when I wrote this.

tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50) tupac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think rottie is right on

Jeffinchico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    me too

tragic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    prot4ein and carbs are ESSENTIAL post workout, your body have just destroyed massive amounts of muscle and burned massive amounts of nutriants, these need to be replenished. Its like driving a car as fast as you can for a very long time til it dies, when you turn it off is it not essential to fill it up with gas and change the oil before you drive it again? You should have about a 2:1 ratio carbosrotein after strength training, as for cardio its about 3:1. These nutriants are essential for muscle repair and is also when nutriants are best absorbed into the body. As for not eating post cardio thats bull, the reason people say that is because post cardio (as well as strength training) your metabolism is very high, but by not eating you are just turning your body to a catabolic state(major muscle loss).
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder
    If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and appologize -Ali
    Current: 210 pds
    squat: 495
    deadlift: 530
    bench: 235 ( I hate bench)

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000
    All By Dec 25 of this year

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by muscleboy69
    i dont think thats right
    what's wrong with it... he's exactly correct.