View Poll Results: What do you wear when you lift?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jock Strap (aka Athletic Supporter)

1 3.13%
  • Compression Shorts

6 18.75%
  • Underwear (jockie shorts, boxers, boxer briefs, G-string, I don't care.)

23 71.88%
  • NADA! I'm Lifting Commando Style!!

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Okay Gentlemen: Jock Straps? Compression Shorts? What are my options?

Okay.

Time to get serious.
    I've just been working out in Boxer Briefs (Yes - they do make them in sizes to fit fatties like me....even my lard butt can be fashionable at least in my black Boxer briefs ) a pair of shorts, and a T-shirt.

My dad, out of nowhere goes "You're wearing a Jock when you lift, aren't you?"

I was like - "Dad, I haven't worn a freaking Jock Strap since I played Football." (That was 20 years ago in High School.)

Somebody told me about compression shorts. I have ZERO experience with those.

So, any suggestions? Am I fine just lifting in my underwear, or do I really NEED a Jock Strap? (aka the infamous "Athletic Supporter".)

Tim
    Last edited by Tiny Tim; 01-26-2006 at 06:37 AM.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jocks are a joke and always have been except for maybe, just maybe basketball and track and field to keep the family jewels from jarring. Protective cups in all contact sports are mandantory. Most athletes I know in competetive sports like vollyball, baseball, basketball,skiing, etc. feel snug briefs are a lot more comfortable. Weight lifting....come on....jock....why?? Contact bench press??

And if you are tiny Tiny...hell, just air em out.

Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sammie Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Tim, It will be very hard for you to get compression shorts in your size but I have noticed that under armor has some pretty large sizes made for athletes so don't give up if you decide to go the for the compression shorts.
    As for me I have to go with baldsnake briefs are fine.

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Baldsnake
    Jocks are a joke and always have been except for maybe, just maybe basketball and track and field to keep the family jewels from jarring. Protective cups in all contact sports are mandantory. Most athletes I know in competetive sports like vollyball, baseball, basketball,skiing, etc. feel snug briefs are a lot more comfortable. Weight lifting....come on....jock....why?? Contact bench press??

And if you are tiny Tiny...hell, just air em out.

I'm not talking about a cup, that's a totally different thing. I'm just talking about a Jock strap, to keep your jewels tight against the body. It is claimed to help keep you from getting a hernia.

Okay cool - because I'm happy wearing the boxer briefs. I just didn't know.

Tim
    Tiny Tim

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Booooorrrrrn freeeeeeeeeee!

jag, who would workout naked if the window of his home gym didn't face the rest of the neighborhood...
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jag would have checked "a smile" above if he had the choice.

Inguinal hernia...the kind that drops down into the scrotal sack. Lesson in layman language. When we were iddy biddy iddiebiddies in mommas womb we were all the same sex except for a triggering chromasone. If you were becomming a boy your ovaries dropped down tubes (fallopian) into the scrotum (labia on the girlies) and became testicles behind the penis (clitoris on the girlies). The uterus became your prostate. OK? Here is the rub. Those tubes remained behind and are covered with a very thin membrane. If you are inherently weak in that area and you strain just right you tear the membrane and your intestine drops down into the tear. Not good. So wearing a jock to prevent this is as effective as an elbow brace for a sore wrist.

Baldie

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I typically wear boxer briefs by Under Armor.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDe...=31&pf_id=0067
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just wear my regulars. I do not like the way jock straps hold my business

Yes, this thread is just a little uncomfortable

Enormous Green Rage Mnstr GSCampbell's Avatar
    GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just plain underwear. Sometimes I wear big floppy clown shoes to shake things up but that's a story for another day
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation What the hell ???

I wear tight skivvies, no jock, no compression shorts and I sure as hell ain't going COMMANDO!! Where the hell did that saying come from anyway? Running through the woods is the last damned place I would want my cajones flopping to and fro, not to mention chaffing !!

Jag, that was way too much info bro!!

Tired of being lied to resurrected's Avatar
    resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000)
    whitey tighties all the way............ Love that carressing feeling of my lower extremities.

jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well I might be the only one here, but I do were a jock when I am working out, basically because during cardio/ legs I had a low, very low groin pull which had me out of commision for a while (from working out and with Da' Wife), which doesn't work at all!

I Have to protect my BOYS!
    -= JOE =-

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER
    I wear tight skivvies, no jock, no compression shorts and I sure as hell ain't going COMMANDO!! Where the hell did that saying come from anyway? Running through the woods is the last damned place I would want my cajones flopping to and fro, not to mention chaffing !!

G.I. Joe is a well known nudist. Didn't you get the memo?

jag

GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jaguarr

jag
    So does he have that indoor-outdoor carpeting hair . . . um . . . everywhere Jag?
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Am I the only one who immediately thought of White Goodman after reading the title of this thread??!!

I'm wondering where you can get those shorts that have the pump attached to impress the ladies?

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/06/21/im...YET68_0621.jpg

jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdonyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going Commando - I think that is a Friends refernece or maybe it was Seinfeld...
    -= JOE =-

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday
    Am I the only one who immediately thought of White Goodman after reading the title of this thread??!!

I'm wondering where you can get those shorts that have the pump attached to impress the ladies?

Purple Cobras! Hissss! LMAO!

jag

Hey, leave my purple Cobra outta this!!

Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday

Great movie!

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" - Patches O'Houlihan

Tim
    Tiny Tim

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

jag

OK, I have to draw the line at disparaging remarks about a REAL AMERICAN HERO!!

OK, I have to draw the line at disparaging remarks about a REAL AMERICAN HERO!!
    Yeah, well at least I'm not wanting to know if the carpets match the drapes on the guy, like certain people who shall remain nameless...

Originally Posted by Baldy
    Hey, leave my purple Cobra outta this!!
    This will freak people out; Baldy's purple Cobra has a steering wheel and can go over 200 miles an hour!

jag

Yeah, well at least I'm not wanting to know if the carpets match the drapes on the guy, like certain people who shall remain nameless...
    I'm not nameless! I am, however, completely freaked out by that astroturf hair - always have been.

layinbrix702 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdonyx View Post
    well I might be the only one here, but I do were a jock when I am working out, basically because during cardio/ legs I had a low, very low groin pull which had me out of commision for a while (from working out and with Da' Wife), which doesn't work at all!

I Have to protect my BOYS!
    Here Here. You aren't the only one. I ALWAYS wear a jockstrap when doing any sort of athletic activity. Commando otherwise, but when you need support for the boys, jockstrap is the only way to go IMO....perfect support, nothing soggy creeping up yer bum

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to wear a jock but lately i have been just going indian.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I go commando unless I'm competing in which case I wear boxer briefs.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One issue you may run into with boxers if you are squatting is ripping them out.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    WOW five years later and the jock lives again!!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

mseawell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jockey Pouches for me.

nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10) nt4sell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    going commando came from.....well commandos. in wet humid environments jungle rot sets in really quickly, if your wearing briefs or boxer briefs they will hold alot of moisture and you get no air circulation. so the commandos went commando to keep from loosing their little buddies.
    I count on me to count on nothing. I can count that on no hands......look ma no hands.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by layinbrix702 View Post
    Here Here. You aren't the only one. I ALWAYS wear a jockstrap when doing any sort of athletic activity. Commando otherwise, but when you need support for the boys, jockstrap is the only way to go IMO....perfect support, nothing soggy creeping up yer bum
    You realize that you are replying to a 5 year old post?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.