shrubbah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Top of skull/back of head muscle pull

Hi ... i been at the gym again for about 2 months ... i was just using the bench press machine and was lifting the heaviest i ever had done before .. (2 45 plates on each side) not much to most of you but most ive done . i experienced a weird pain on the top of my skull / back of my head upper neck .... it seemed to throb and almost made me dizzy/ disoriented. i just left the gym after that happened ... its seeming to go away but still uncomfterable. any insights or ideas? this was on a Hammer strength bench press machine. i can move my neck and head around fine ..... any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Unhappy

please ANY help out there????

wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wagz125 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would guess it is because you put your whole upper body under stress and tension when your doing something such as the bench press. During physical therapy for my shoulder, there was a exercise similar to the bench press that gave me the same sensation as your describing. I felt fine after wards too, and was fine after that till now. I wouldn't worry about it, if it begins to hurt a lot or constantly then go see a doc. But I have no PHD myself.
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    With great sacrifice comes great reward.

Thumbs up

thanks for your reply. i really appreciate it.... i feel alot better now ... a few hours later... i just couldnt continue with my workout for some reason.... which was really frusterating. i hate that. but oh well... good thing im not getting paid to work out like the pros.

Any other responses or input would be greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance

kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizer27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A couple years back i woke up and could not sit up or lift my head without a ton of pain. Sounds like the same area you are describing. Luckily my girlfriend at the time had a stepdad who was a great doctor. He checked me out and diagnosed it as a strained/partial separation of of where that particular muscle attached to my skull.

guess I went a little bit hard the day before. I have to tell you it was a real bitch, only thing I could do was rest and let it heal. Take it easy, you don't want to aggravate it any more or you will be sorry. Good luck, heal up.

Lightbulb

i feel fine today and the pain / muscle throb went away ... do you guys think i should work out again today?? i atleast want to do some cardio

Talking

anymore help???? i appreciate the responses greatly. thanks guys.

i plan on doing cardio/legs today .... and resting my upper body. but anymore responses would be awsome

Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did heavy weight for a max and on top of strained hamstrings I felt the same feeling in the back of my neck. My traps got really tight from all of the force I was applying. I used some ice for about 2 days and all the pain went away. Your problem could be many things. If your really worried check with a doctor. I believe that your going to have little injuries here and there no matter what you do. Maybe don't strain so much next time!
    PA (Erie) ABC CHAPTER
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17465

My 2009 Journey - Hell in a Cell
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=339746291

Where I Roam:
    http://www.animalpak.com

Who I am:
    Erie Pennsylvania Animal Barbell Club Coordinator

Angry

went back to the gym ran a few miles ... tried to lift light on bi's and i felt the same feeling in my neck... it goes away after lifting though after alittle tightness feeling .... hopefully thats a sign of no serious damage and just a strain. any more insight would be greatly appreciated
    thanks guys