ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

SO's who aren't as into fitness and eating right?

I'm just wondering, for those of you who have significant others who aren't as into working out and eating as well as you do, how do you deal with that? Like if they normally don't eat 6 times a day, does it ever make you feel uncomfortable? Do they ever make comments about the food you are eating? or give you a hard time for going to workout so regularly?

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nah....my husband thinks its great. He just has other passions in life and I respect that. I think we both balance eachother out well....
    As for food. I try to get him to eat more....he likes one or two big meals a day...and is a carb o holic...but I love him regardless.
    I try not to bore him with my "obsession" but when I do talk he listens and encourages me.
    Not to day a partner wouldnt be nice, I just dont expect him to do something he doesnt want to.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShannonC_77
    Do they ever make comments about the food you are eating? or give you a hard time for going to workout so regularly?

Yiesh

Why don't you hit them back with it?
    Bust on them for NOT eating well and NOT going to the gym
    Play the game

They will quiet down

Yes, easier said then done...but its a thought, no
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good one Megin!

My husband is very happy that I am eating healthy and exercising regularly and he encourages me. We don't have unhealthy food in the house (besides cheese, tortilla wraps, and cereal - well cereal isn't that bad, and white rice), and he eats healthy too - but 3 meals plus a snack instead..
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Megin
    Yiesh

Why don't you hit them back with it?
    Bust on them for NOT eating well and NOT going to the gym
    Play the game

They will quiet down

Yes, easier said then done...but its a thought, no
    I do agree, why would they discourage it? That seems like jealousy/insecurity.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was just talking to another friend on here about that!! My husband kids and I went to lunch in Waikiki and then walked around all the shops we can't afford to buy things in. HeHe! They decide they want Cold Stone Creamery!!! So I continued to Tiffany & Co. to look around while they eat thier ice cream oh any yestarday it was the same thing but Rocky mountain chocolate factory!!!! They are so wrong!!

ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just worried that he thinks I'm really strange when I'm making oatmeal and egg whites or something, I guess it's not really what the typical person eats. And over the past weekend i was there and tried just eating what he ate (we ate out for all meals) and seriously I've never felt so sick in my life, my body didnt' handle it very well and I just wanted to come home.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my hubby is the exact opposite of me - he's not into any sort of physical exercise, eats too much and when he started a diet it was eating nothing all day long (only coffee + milk) and one meal in the evening
    when i put him on a diet last year (small meals throughout the day) he lost 10 lbs but when it ended he promptly put it all back on.
    now we have a new deal which involves - gulp - jogging twice a week. there's no way i'm going to get him on the weights as he considers it all unnatural and plain silly.
    as for our relationship, i've been a (health/execise) nut all my life so he's used to it.
    i would even dare say he's proud of me in a way
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Registered User user464444132bbg's Avatar
    user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by serinebean
    Nah....my husband thinks its great. He just has other passions in life and I respect that. I think we both balance eachother out well....
    As for food. I try to get him to eat more....he likes one or two big meals a day...and is a carb o holic...but I love him regardless.
    I try not to bore him with my "obsession" but when I do talk he listens and encourages me.
    Not to day a partner wouldnt be nice, I just dont expect him to do something he doesnt want to.
    This describes my dh and I to a "T". I know sometimes he gets frustrated with me when I pass on junk food while we're watching TV but come on, who's it hurting in the end?? Not me!

GeneK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by serinebean
    I do agree, why would they discourage it? That seems like jealousy/insecurity.
    When people around discourage me (not intentionally) it's usually done with "you should just have a cookie, you look fine", "you don't need to be so hard on yourself"... It usually comes in a form of trying to be nice but it impacts me negatively; it only sets my bar lower. What fixed all those comments for me? (and by that I mean ALL) My announcement to enter my first bodybuilding competition! Then they all shut up. Instead of making comments about my lifestyle and diet, if they were to say anything at all it's "i don't understand why you'd put yourself through that, it's crazy, but anyways, that's cool..." and they'll have nothing else to say about what I'm eating. :-) I wouldn't be able to sustain "outsiders" comments if I didn't set myself apart like this. It's really hard; even knowing that I'm training for a contest, my boyfriend who eats 2 big meals a day still comments on how much I eat (ie, the multiple meals) and I feel like a pig, but I know what I'm up to and I can over look that. (he's fit, active and athletic, but just doesn't have a clue about my diet)

I still have difficulties "living" around other people, (spending a weekend with boyfriend, friends, etc, and either not having my own food or trying to eat separately, I hate that), but I think we just need to set ourselves apart, be pround of what we're doing, and make it part of "what I am" so that statements like "Sherry doesn't eat pizza" is just part of "what Sherry is", just like how "Joe doesn't smoke". I struggle with this too, but I'm learning, slowly.
    Last edited by GeneK; 02-06-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Dreaming my life away.... emmie's Avatar
    emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My husband is completely supportive of the way I choose to eat, so I'm very fortunate in that regard.

I've found that in social situations the best policy is to not make a big deal about the way you eat. If you act like it's not a big deal to YOU that you're not scarfing down the chips and French onion dip, the chances are that no one else will make a big deal about it. I do hate those remarks like "Oh Emma doesn't eat chips..." It sounds so accusatory!

If your SO makes unsupportive comments about your cooking/food choices, simply ask him if he's enjoying the RESULTS of your healthy eating. Sometimes a "visual aid" is helpful, as in flaunting your nicely shaped bum!!

BTW, the first time I made oats/eggwhites for breakfast, I gave my husband a taste (he was skeptical...), and he had to agree that it tastes darn good!

- Emma

bendyprissy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's like you're reading from my life with this thread. My husband used to go to the gym with me & eat healthy but that has ended! He couldn't stand the gym & hated being there as long as I needed to for my routine. All he likes to eat is bar-b-que or Mexican food. Don't get me wrong I love Mexican food but I cannot resist if I go into these places. I try to pick places that have healthy choices but he doesn't like them. If I cook then it's healthy & he doesn't like it. The only healthy food he will eat is steak & I'm not much of a meat person. I eat my required portion & that's it. There's only so many times you can eat burgers from the grill! We also moved out to the sticks so it takes him a long time to get home from work. If I go to the gym then I don't get to see him at all. Guess which one wins mostly. I have a home gym but it's hard to motivate yourself to get going at home when there's a really good tv show on. It's very depressing to me because I love exercising. I was very active before I met him & that has come to a screeching halt unfortunately. I don't know how to motivate an unmotivatable person full of excuses.

UnMadeBarbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnMadeBarbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnMadeBarbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most guys who are around me end up gaining weight if they try to eat like i do.. my metabolism is high..and i eat alot..

I have to give them advanced warning.. idealy it would be great to have a partner who could eat and work out the same, but the world ain't ideal
    "The Happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way."

Khenon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My husband is very supportive of my fitness goals, even though he doesn't follow the same eating habits as me. He likes his carb snacks and soda, but he generally eats similar foods as me. When I have a bad day/week/month he always tries to jump back on the wagon with me, to push me along. It does absolutely no good, but it's cute to see him try.
    5'2"
    Current weight = 144 lbs
    Current BF% = 32%
    Goal = 115 lbs, <20% BF

Lost over 35 lbs in 2005
    I've decided to work on fitness goals, and stop obsessing over the scale. :)

cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazmcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just remember girls..."WINNERS DO WHAT LOSERS DON'T"
    Fit people make it hapen and lazy people watch it happen. These people are happy to sit back and watch u bust your guts and critise but its only cause they won't or can't!
    My family used to give me a hard time but now they do it out of concern, to make sure I'm taking care of myself (tho mum still rags on about how much she hates boxing but oh well thats what I wanna do!)
    I'm growing bigger muscles everyday...and I love it!

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My husband is very supportive of my lifestyle but doesn't follow the same rules. He has a completely different body type than me and has a physical job on top of that with a great metabolism. The guy can eat whatever he wants, whenever he wants and still manage a visible six pack. I call it a freak of nature We also have 3 growing kids, two are teenagers and they have inherited hubby's freaky genes...
    So I'm on my own as far as "healthy eating" is concerned but they encourage and support me. I cook different meals for them and I make them as healthy as possible for their liking using lean meats and veggies. I've slowly eliminated things like white bread and some processed foods.
    My hubby is very used to my eating and there is no conflict about it at all ever.