want to be ripped!!! jollyleafman's Avatar
    jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500)

how to take it to the next level?! been struggling with training now for too long...

to start, let me say that this is a problem thati can hopefully get an answer for. it seems almost everytime i visted the site and start posting, is when ive gotten into a rut.

i really want to know how to take it to that next level, of both performance and physique wise. let me explain.

first, i used to be really fat, like 240 and 32% BF but i lost 70lbs in a year and got down to 160lbs with 14% BF. at that point i was really skinny, but stil la bit flabby. So i dedicated myself to bodybuilding. After a few months of heavy lifting and eating big, i noticed very impressive gains, arms went from 12 inches to 14 inches. I put on about 20 lbs (160 to 180) and all my lifts went up. (85lb bench to 155lb)

that was all in about 6-7 months. it was a really impressive to me at least, and my friends and family. but then i tried to cut, which really didnt work, and i lost a lot of strength. but this is rambling, to the point

to make a long story short. its been 2 years since ive really gotten hardcore into bodybuilding. but looking back now upon the last year, it seems i really havent come to far. i think i may be expecting too much, but i havent made gains even remotely close to the gains i got when i first started.

my weight has been stagnating between 180-190 for the last year (in the summers i usually dont try to cut on purpose, but i usually lose weight.) my lifts only have been going up very slowly. bench press has been 205 for 8 now forever... and the biggest annoyance is my damn arm size. I think my arms have been 15inches now for a solid year, despite actually increasing weight lifted i9n curls, dips, skullcrushers pretty good.

i consider my diet very healthy, and i maybe cheat every 3 weeks if that. I also consider my self well informed on methods for training so its not like i dont know what im doing (or so i think :? ) and i train hard and i go consistently.

though, i just feel as ive really been at a standstill for FAR TOO LONG. im really hoping someone can give me some info that can take me to that next level of both performance and physique.

to help you guys out. heres my current routine and other stuff:

weight: 188
    height: 73 inches
    Daily Calorie Intake: approx. 4300 ("trying" to bulk
    BF: 16% (bulking....)

Routine:

Mon - chest, arms and abs
    Tues - Back and Shoulders
    Wed - Cardio (40-50 minutes)(trust me, i need it...)
    Thurs - chest, arms and abs
    Friday - Shoulders and Back
    Sat - Legs
    Sun - Off

Supplements:

protein
    creatine monohydrate
    glutamine
    multivitamin

so if someone can help me out, maybe give me some ideas what to do to take my body to the next level, i really appreciate.

and an interesting tidbit, which i do not know whether to believe or not. but my moms take on the subject was that im too young to get the results i want "naturually" now. SHe said just keep training and by my mid 20's ill have a great physique.

i dont want to beleive it. but she could be right.
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8

user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try eating more or switching up your routine. You're not even remotely close to reaching your genetic limit.
    On the individual:

His responses grow intelligent, or gain meaning, simply because he lives and acts in a medium of accepted meanings and values. Through social intercourse, through sharing in the activities embodying beliefs, he gradually acquires a mind of his own. The conception of mind as a purely isolated possession of the self is at the very antipodes of the truth.

- John Dewey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.

~Ambrose Bierce

want to be ripped!!! jollyleafman's Avatar
    jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500) jollyleafman is not very helpful. (-500)
    good suggestions. i actually feel its my diet itself. Because when i made those huge gains, i had somewhat let loose and was eating a ton, all dirty stuff too. now thati think about it, my gains have been slower since i started eating cleaner on the bulk.

i do know that i get a lot heavier quicker, in both the good and bad way... by dirty bulking. but i dont think i can afford to get fatter at this point. Im pushing 17%.... i havent been above 16% since i lost all that weight.

any other suggestions?
    STATS:

Bench Press = 205 x 8
    Squat = 225 x 8
    Deadlift = 365 x 8
    Shoulder Press = 155 x 8
    Barbell Row = 175 x 8