amberman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If trying to burn fat, should I use creatine?

Hi Guys

Great forum. Im 5'11, 84.5kgs and ...shamefully, 31% fat. I am trying to burn the fat through a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day from my normal routine and adding 25 minutes of running each day to shift a couple of pounds of fat a week. My diet has recently become extremely healthy...Im a raw food vegan who takes in a lot of protein.

In addition to running, I will do a couple of weight training sessions each week to keep muscle mass as best as possible, but my real goal is to burn fat.

My question is this...should I take creatine during this time to make my mucsles bigger and help them to speed up the fat burning process?

Hope you can help

Amberman

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a link that may help:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/zaino34.htm

I used creatine during contest prep and cut it out a few weeks before contest day.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you more worried about losing weight or losing fat? Some people equate losing weight to losing fat, which is not always the same thing. You can gain weight (muscle) and look good, or you could end up losing muscle (not good) and retain the same amount of fat but you will have lost weight. I'd go for the gaining muscle and losing fat path.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

Slower, but smarter Capnwilliam's Avatar
    Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Worked for you!

Originally Posted by Most Muscular View Post
    Are you more worried about losing weight or losing fat? Some people equate losing weight to losing fat, which is not always the same thing. You can gain weight (muscle) and look good, or you could end up losing muscle (not good) and retain the same amount of fat but you will have lost weight. I'd go for the gaining muscle and losing fat path.

nuff said...
    It's worked for you, that's for sure!

Jim
    I wonder how soon it will be before we start seeing "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain" bumper stickers?

Tired of being lied to resurrected's Avatar
    resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by amberman11 View Post
    Hi Guys

Great forum. Im 5'11, 84.5kgs and ...shamefully, 31% fat. I am trying to burn the fat through a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day from my normal routine and adding 25 minutes of running each day to shift a couple of pounds of fat a week. My diet has recently become extremely healthy...Im a raw food vegan who takes in a lot of protein.

In addition to running, I will do a couple of weight training sessions each week to keep muscle mass as best as possible, but my real goal is to burn fat.

My question is this...should I take creatine during this time to make my mucsles bigger and help them to speed up the fat burning process?

Hope you can help

Amberman
    Creatine will allow water retention. It acts as a cell volumizer. It will not make your muscles bigger to burn fat. It will only help with ATP production allowing for more work to be done.
    Now with that being said, fish oil has been shown to aid in fat 'burning' if taken in 6-10 grams daily broke up with each meal.
    I do a keto diet to cut with. I have lost no muscle but lost 10 pounds of fat in the last few weeks. I use no supplelemnts other than fish oils and a NOS product. I have also gained strenght with this diet. Maybe you should look into it.

amberman11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Creatine will allow water retention. It acts as a cell volumizer. It will not make your muscles bigger to burn fat. It will only help with ATP production allowing for more work to be done.
    Now with that being said, fish oil has been shown to aid in fat 'burning' if taken in 6-10 grams daily broke up with each meal.
    I do a keto diet to cut with. I have lost no muscle but lost 10 pounds of fat in the last few weeks. I use no supplelemnts other than fish oils and a NOS product. I have also gained strenght with this diet. Maybe you should look into it.
    Thanks resurrected...very useful info...

I take cod liver oil and salmon fish oil each morning any way, but thats like 12-20 caps a day. Do you buy caps or get it in a bottle? Do you have any recommendations for brands?