CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back to weight training after 7 years with high cholesterol?

2 months ago after getting upset with my ex-wife resulting in severe chest pains/shortness of breath I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room. I found out it was just a panic attack but unfortunately after the blood work came back I found out that I have very high triglycerides 419 to be exact. My total cholesterol is average my HCL was unreadable. I want to get back to what always made me feel good and that was weight training. I just turned 40, and I could consider myself 25 pounds overweight. I'm 5 10 and a half and I thought I always look my best when I weighed 190 when I lifted weights seriously. I want to get rid of this gut and get stronger. Currently I'm taking Nordic Naturals fish oil with high EPA(1640 mg), CoQ10(50 mg) and vitamin D3(2000 iu). In my supplement drawer I have some source of life multivitamins and I haven't attempted taking those multi Vitamins because they give me the Jitters give you a lot of energy. I'm also taking a prescription for cholesterol Lovastatin at 20 mg. I absolutely cannot stand taking prescription drugs! I also don't consume any form of stimullants like caffeine or energy drinks. Any suggestions on supplements and workout tips with greatly be appreciated. I don't know what the hell to do with my diet. I'm just trying to stay away from processed foods,sugar, and no super fatty Meats. I eat Smoked salmon two to three times a week, eat plenty of veges, and one green smoothie in the morning. I know when I get back to lifting weights I'm going to have to consume more protein so I need to figure out what I can do with technically having high triglycerides and taking high cholesterol medicine.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CountFurFur View Post
    2 months ago after getting upset with my ex-wife resulting in severe chest pains/shortness of breath I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room. I found out it was just a panic attack but unfortunately after the blood work came back I found out that I have very high triglycerides 419 to be exact. My total cholesterol is average my HCL was unreadable. I want to get back to what always made me feel good and that was weight training. I just turned 40, and I could consider myself 25 pounds overweight. I'm 5 10 and a half and I thought I always look my best when I weighed 190 when I lifted weights seriously. I want to get rid of this gut and get stronger. Currently I'm taking Nordic Naturals fish oil with high EPA(1640 mg), CoQ10(50 mg) and vitamin D3(2000 iu). In my supplement drawer I have some source of life multivitamins and I haven't attempted taking those multi Vitamins because they give me the Jitters give you a lot of energy. I'm also taking a prescription for cholesterol Lovastatin at 20 mg. I absolutely cannot stand taking prescription drugs! I also don't consume any form of stimullants like caffeine or energy drinks. Any suggestions on supplements and workout tips with greatly be appreciated. I don't know what the hell to do with my diet. I'm just trying to stay away from processed foods,sugar, and no super fatty Meats. I eat Smoked salmon two to three times a week, eat plenty of veges, and one green smoothie in the morning. I know when I get back to lifting weights I'm going to have to consume more protein so I need to figure out what I can do with technically having high triglycerides and taking high cholesterol medicine.
    Track your daily nutrition, calories and carbs/fat/protein. Eat to lose 1-2 lbs of bodyweight per week.

I've had triglycerides into the upper 300's. Then I got them down as low as 107. More fish oil (3g a day combined EPA/DHA), reduced calories to lose bodyweight, and reduced sugar/saturated fat intake are what I did. Healthy dietary fat should be fine/good.

I have genetics against me. I started taking daily blood pressure medication at the age of weighing about 180 at 6'0" with enough fitness to run 1.5 miles in <11 minutes in 95* heat. I was later on three medications every day including one for triglycerides. I am on zero prescription medications now, with average/good blood pressure and all bloodwork.

Exercise, watch the sugar, fish oil...I swear it works wonders or at least it did for me

CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountFurFur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Track your daily nutrition, calories and carbs/fat/protein. Eat to lose 1-2 lbs of bodyweight per week.

I've had triglycerides into the upper 300's. Then I got them down as low as 107. More fish oil (3g a day combined EPA/DHA), reduced calories to lose bodyweight, and reduced sugar/saturated fat intake are what I did. Healthy dietary fat should be fine/good.

I have genetics against me. I started taking daily blood pressure medication at the age of weighing about 180 at 6'0" with enough fitness to run 1.5 miles in <11 minutes in 95* heat. I was later on three medications every day including one for triglycerides. I am on zero prescription medications now, with average/good blood pressure and all bloodwork.

Exercise, watch the sugar, fish oil...I swear it works wonders or at least it did for me
    That's pretty much what I'm trying to do brother. Cut out all the sugar except raw fruit in my green smoothies and zero bread. I'm just concerned about protein intake if I'm trying to watch my cholesterol especially with protein powders
    Learn to live, live to learn...

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's pretty much what I'm trying to do brother. Cut out all the sugar except raw fruit in my green smoothies and zero bread. I'm just concerned about protein intake if I'm trying to watch my cholesterol especially with protein powders
    I'm no medical guy but I don't see what the issue is with (most) meats and protein powder. Or bread.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It seems you have a lot of misconceptions. Outside of genetics it's likely you can overcome your issues through diet and exercise.

Carbs are not your enemy. Bread and sugar aren't out to get you. No reason to cut them out of your diet. Salmon is a "super fatty meat". I think the nutrition forums would be a great place for you to start. Try not to make too many big changes at once, or you're more likely to fall back into old habits.

Nimbus Nutrition has a good product out called Cadence that has had good feedback.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Hi
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    It seems you have a lot of misconceptions. Outside of genetics it's likely you can overcome your issues through diet and exercise.

Carbs are not your enemy. Bread and sugar aren't out to get you. No reason to cut them out of your diet. Salmon is a "super fatty meat". I think the nutrition forums would be a great place for you to start. Try not to make too many big changes at once, or you're more likely to fall back into old habits.

Nimbus Nutrition has a good product out called Cadence that has had good feedback.
    I went checked out that Cadence product and I'm not going to lie that sounds like a bunch of snake oil. There's ingredients in that product that I've never heard of. That would be nice for it to work but I don't know LOL
    Learn to live, live to learn...

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    I'm no medical guy but I don't see what the issue is with (most) meats and protein powder. Or bread.
    Working out and an improved diet of mostly whole foods and not consuming processed foods will greatly help your cholesterol. The little bit you get from protein powder and with all the positive benefits you'll get from meat, you really don't have to worry about either. Be patient with the process. Before I started working out, my cholesterol was garbage but every test I've had taken since has always shown a great improvement. And that's with a high protein intake which includes both meats and protein powder.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Registered User noaddedhormones's Avatar
    noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For additions to your lifestyle changes, the following will assist garlic, ginger, berberine, cacoa and spirulina. Have a read up on all those select one or two which you feel you can fit into your regimen.
    OL R&D
    NoChit

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi

I went checked out that Cadence product and I'm not going to lie that sounds like a bunch of snake oil. There's ingredients in that product that I've never heard of. That would be nice for it to work but I don't know LOL
    The CEO use to be one of the goodbros of the forum. There is some very positive feedback from some of the forum members. Poison, one of the SAN Reps, is a very firm believer in it. I want to say his wife was using it maybe, and had very positive results?
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco