Closed Thread
    Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10)

does creatine make anybody sick?

whenever i load creatine i get an upper resperatory infection. It kind of bums me out because i cant use hardly any supplements. Does anybody else get sick from using creatine? what kind of supplements can i take that will help my lifting that don't have any creatine in it?

Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigdank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

how come im the only one?

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try using 2.5 grams per day instead of loading. That is pretty strange that creatine gives you that type of illness, but lower the dosage or discontinue use all together.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    never heard of that happening not saying it can't. i guess look into a amino acid supplement or white flood.

ya everbody i ever talked to about this problem have never herd of it. ive tried loading creatine 3 seperate times and each time it makes me extremely ill for weeks at a time. That makes me not want to load it ever again. I have tried lowering the doses and it still happend. So tell me about these amino acid supplements or white flood. plz.

huskers88us has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have had it feel like there is a big brick ,and discomfort but never anything like that.

white flood rocks for a pre-workout if you wanna look into that?

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you can't be drinking enough water if you're loading. even if you're not loading you still need 1-2gal. of water a day with creatine........amino suppl. like Xtend or Purple Wraath. White Flood is a pre w/o NO suppl. without creatine.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've gotten sick 3 times???

Very strange. Were you using the same product each time? The creatine you have may be contaminated.

Also, are you allergic to any foods? Check on the back of any supplement and it will say the product was produced on equipment where soy, milk, fish, etc are also produced.

By upper respiratory infection, you mean a bad cold, right?

What kind of creatine was it?

I would buy a NEW tub, and start taking it along with some vitamin C as a precaution. If all goes well taper down the dose of vitamin C and see if you can maintain good health.

Originally Posted by chasinSKURT View Post
    You've gotten sick 3 times???

Very strange. Were you using the same product each time? The creatine you have may be contaminated.

Also, are you allergic to any foods? Check on the back of any supplement and it will say the product was produced on equipment where soy, milk, fish, etc are also produced.

By upper respiratory infection, you mean a bad cold, right?

What kind of creatine was it?

I would buy a NEW tub, and start taking it along with some vitamin C as a precaution. If all goes well taper down the dose of vitamin C and see if you can maintain good health.
    im not allergic to any foods, and i know this because i am allergic to animal dander, dust, and smoke. i have been tested positive for allergies to that stuff.

by upper resperatory infection i do mean a bad cold, thats exactly what it was. reallllllllllly bad. the worst i ever had and each time i loaded creatine it would come back.

i drank more than the recomended dose of water when loading.

i wonder if anything thats in that white blood was in the stuff i took before that got me sick. maybe it wasnt the creatine and actually something else that was mixed in with it. i took GNC brand creatine and fizogen blitz cycle. maybe someone thats good with supplements can help me break this down?
    Last edited by Bigdank; 01-24-2008 at 09:33 PM.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bigdank View Post
    i wonder if anything thats in that white blood was in the stuff i took before that got me sick. maybe it wasnt the creatine and actually something else that was mixed in with it. i took GNC brand creatine and fizogen blitz cycle. maybe someone thats good with supplements can help me break this down?
    Well, you say you've gotten sick 3 times form loading creatine. Did you ALSO start using fizogen products at the same time every time?

Originally Posted by Bigdank View Post
    fizogen blitz cycle. maybe someone thats good with supplements can help me break this down?
    you already broke it down.

no i wasnt taking them at the same time. the first time i loaded gnc creatine and got real sick. so i decided not to take creatine anymore. then a few months later i took some fizogen blitz cycle and got real sick again.(the same sickness). the the blitz cycle sat on the shelf for a few months before i was tempted again. then i got the same exact sickness again. thats when i had enough. now i really dont want to load creatine ever again. but i really do since it gives great gains.

That's very strange.

I guess I would do a couple things.

1. Talk to your doctor.

2. Personally I would buy a new tub of creatine and heavily dose vitamin C while using it. Also taper your dosage upward starting with a very small serving, 1-3 grams.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. Theres reasons we could assume one could get sick from taking these products. But the likelihood of random guesses being the actual cause is about equal to the probability that you simply got sick a few times and coincidentally took supplements.

On a further note, I would hold off using Blast Cycle. If your immune system is already fairly weak, which it may be, the use of stimulants may not be a good idea.

Hopefully someone on the boards has had similar problems...

yes it is very strange. i have talked to a doctor and they didnt know anything. is there a certain type of doctor i should talk to?

also, i always took vitamin c when loading creatine. i take 1000mg's a day plus a multi and any vit c i get through food. i will not take blitz cycle anymore.

it cannot be coincidental. i have never been as sick as i have the three times i loaded creatine. it just cant be a coincidence.

when i get the resperatory infection it makes me blow blood snot chunks FATTY chunks which i never had before in my life. it makes me bed riddin to the point where when it peaks i cant get out of bed for 3 days. its that gnarly.(and the same thing happend each time i loaded) also it makes my face read and i feel extremly hot. also, my head feels like its been hit by a truck.

is white blood a stimulate that could possibly affect my immune system the same way? i do beleive my immune system is weak on some levels since i have serious allergys to animal dander, especially cats.
    Last edited by Bigdank; 01-24-2008 at 10:19 PM.

matthewacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine makes me sick too

Bigdank,

This happens to me too. Its not just creatine that does it. I believe its a central nervous system stressor. Probably has something to do with the way my body handles water. I used to get sick like this from taking caffeine and ephedrine too. That's what I have come up with anyway. When I'm on creatine I can't get enough water. I already drink well over a gallon of water a day and I'm still thirsty all the time. I think any type of diuretic leaves me prone to sickness.

Its always the same sickness too (similar to what you describe) my tonsils get swollen and my throat gets sore and then I get the gook in my throat.

I've stopped taking creatine and caffeine and ephedrine. My body handles protein and glutamine well so that's all I take.

I have hypothyroidism so that could be part of this too.

I'd love to hear a more scientific explanation if anyone knows anything.

Originally Posted by matthewacker View Post
    Bigdank,

This happens to me too. Its not just creatine that does it. I believe its a central nervous system stressor. Probably has something to do with the way my body handles water. I used to get sick like this from taking caffeine and ephedrine too. That's what I have come up with anyway. When I'm on creatine I can't get enough water. I already drink well over a gallon of water a day and I'm still thirsty all the time. I think any type of diuretic leaves me prone to sickness.

Its always the same sickness too (similar to what you describe) my tonsils get swollen and my throat gets sore and then I get the gook in my throat.

I've stopped taking creatine and caffeine and ephedrine. My body handles protein and glutamine well so that's all I take.

I have hypothyroidism so that could be part of this too.

I'd love to hear a more scientific explanation if anyone knows anything.
    Thank you for your reply. It has been over two years and not one other person has had the problem. I am going to use the information you said to try and further understand why this happends. I would also like to hear about a scientific study done. You are the only other person that I have ever heard had the problem. Everyone has just thinks its a mega mystery.

I wonder if I have hypothyroidism.

devinstan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am also having this problem and am still recovering from the same symptoms. I didnt think there was anyway the creatine was making me sick but everytime I would take some I would get sick shortly after. I got better started going back to the gym and immediately got sick again, got better again took some and stayed at home and did cardio, got sick again. Im going to stay off it for awhile and see how it goes. Im glad you started this thread, theres not much information about getting sick from it. Guess ill look into this hypothyroidism. Thanks

Registered User GainsAreDesired's Avatar
    GainsAreDesired has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, bumping this after 4 years of inactivity. I've got this too, I've started taking creatine on three different occations and have also become sick from it every time. I used a different creatine every time, but it didn't help at all.. It's been 3 years now since I've been on it, and I don't dare start again

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, ive taken creatine since 2002, and never felt sick. When Loading was more popular back then, a bit stomach irritation.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en