Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fat instead of carbs PWO?

I am slowly going to go into a 1 day carb loading a week diet. 6 days less than 50 carbs. 1 day 200g in 1 sitting. Would it be ok for me to start replacing carbs PWO with fats? i wanted to be intaking 3 scoops of PB??

i need responses from the more advanced users of this section. Not the ones that just have little knowledge over fat loss. I know i need to deload my carbs for this diet.

but the real question is will the fat i take PWO be converted into glycogen since i am not taking in carbs?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    btw ill rep for great answers. but it will take me lke a week. i owe like 40 ppl for responding to my progress poics

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Even on keto, you take a poWO shake with carbs. Unless you want to prevent any possible insulin spike (and you don't) you need to take carbs and protein. You can take complex carbs if you like, but fat really makes no sense.

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't do fat pwo, I'd either go with no carbs or oats
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aside from the insulin spike carbs get turned into glycogen, the intermediate energy sorce for your muscles. You need carbs to replace that glycogen you burned off working out. Fat simply will never turn into glycogen. You can replace fast carbs with more complex ones for sure, but don't replace it with fat.
    I wish my flab was emo so it'd cut itself.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    Even on keto, you take a poWO shake with carbs. Unless you want to prevent any possible insulin spike (and you don't) you need to take carbs and protein. You can take complex carbs if you like, but fat really makes no sense.
    Right answer, as per usual.

Originally Posted by jaytek80 View Post
    Aside from the insulin spike carbs get turned into glycogen, the intermediate energy sorce for your muscles. You need carbs to replace that glycogen you burned off working out. Fat simply will never turn into glycogen. You can replace fast carbs with more complex ones for sure, but don't replace it with fat.
    see this is why i want advanced users.

lvl 1 college bio teaches you that protein and fat can turn into glycogen.

part of ketosis is that fat and protein will become glycogen

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    n/m edit
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    see this is why i want advanced users.

lvl 1 college bio teaches you that protein and fat can turn into glycogen.

part of ketosis is that fat and protein will become glycogen
    Taking in a lot of fat PWO isn't going to have the same muscle-glycogen replenishing effect or increased protein synthesis of adding carbs though. Like consuming just fructose.

So, IMO (and my disclaimer is that I've not done keto) either consume just protein with minimal carbs or fats, or some carbs with your protein, or a small amount of fat with the protein - just to provide some extra calories. Just don't make the fats omega-3. This would be a better time for your omega-6 rich foods IMO.

Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    I am slowly going to go into a 1 day carb loading a week diet. 6 days less than 50 carbs. 1 day 200g in 1 sitting. Would it be ok for me to start replacing carbs PWO with fats? i wanted to be intaking 3 scoops of PB??

i need responses from the more advanced users of this section. Not the ones that just have little knowledge over fat loss. I know i need to deload my carbs for this diet.

but the real question is will the fat i take PWO be converted into glycogen since i am not taking in carbs?
    Where do I begin? I'll address your questions in the order they were asked. First question is whether or not you can substitute carbohydrates for fat. In short, no. There are a number of reasons for this, but namely is that lipids delay gastric emptying. Gastric emptying is extremely important following weight training, as nutrients need to be delivered to the small intestine as soon as possible for nutrient metabolism. Nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine, not the stomach.

The other issue with lipid ingestion, which is part of your second question, is only glycerol can be converted into glucose via gluconeogensis. Glycerol consists of a 3-carbon molecule that by itself does not qualify as a lipid because of its high solubility in water. However, three clusters of carbon-chained atoms (fatty acids) do attach to a glycerol molecule. So what does all this mean? It means that only a small portion of fatty acids can be converted into glucose, but the remaining atom clusters will not.

The other side of this coin is glycogen. Glycogen, the stored form of glucose, cannot simply be replaced. Even though the liver can convert amino acids, glycerol, pyruvate, and lactate into glucose, the process of gluconeogensis is taxing on the liver and not rapid. Carbohydrate loading, based on your specific diet, is not replaceable I'm afraid.

I can certainly answer more questions if you have them, but I think this covers your concerns. Take care.

Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    Where do I begin? I'll address your questions in the order they were asked. First question is whether or not you can substitute carbohydrates for fat. In short, no. There are a number of reasons for this, but namely is that lipids delay gastric emptying. Gastric emptying is extremely important following weight training, as nutrients need to be delivered to the small intestine as soon as possible for nutrient metabolism. Nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine, not the stomach.

The other issue with lipid ingestion, which is part of your second question, is only glycerol can be converted into glucose via gluconeogensis. Glycerol consists of a 3-carbon molecule that by itself does not qualify as a lipid because of its high solubility in water. However, three clusters of carbon-chained atoms (fatty acids) do attach to a glycerol molecule. So what does all this mean? It means that only a small portion of fatty acids can be converted into glucose, but the remaining atom clusters will not.

The other side of this coin is glycogen. Glycogen, the stored form of glucose, cannot simply be replaced. Even though the liver can convert amino acids, glycerol, pyruvate, and lactate into glucose, the process of gluconeogensis is taxing on the liver and not rapid. Carbohydrate loading, based on your specific diet, is not replaceable I'm afraid.

I can certainly answer more questions if you have them, but I think this covers your concerns. Take care.
    so i still consume some carbs PWO even on keto...

hmm...

Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Augustin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's not what I said. You still need to load your carbohydrates as you normally would, regardless of when that is. Not all diets, including keto-type diets, require you load following training. In fact, I do believe you load carbohydrates every X day without regard to what training is taking place.

If you load on say Tuesday, then you load every Tuesday. If your diet regiment requires you load after every workout, then you load after every workout. The point of my post was to point out that lipids cannot replace carbohydrates for glycogen replenishment.

As I previously stated, lipid ingestion is also not recommended following training due to gastric emptying delays.