Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

deadlift 3 times a week?

ok well i have a goal of hitting 500 by feb 22nd. i wanted to up my protein intake and do deadlift on leg days as well.

do you think it will be ok?

I want the reply from the more advanced users of the section. not the ones that just came in this year.

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    heavy deads 3 times a week? if so HELL no

Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lock_it_Up will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can do it, I would no more than twice.

Personally, when I do deads, I never do them without going heavy, so they DESTROY me...like that could be my workout for the day.

3 Might be a little bit of overkill...but it probably wouldn't hurt to do it for a few weeks, to help bust through a plateau, but don't make a habit out of it.
    Ripping through my logbook to 250+lbs lean.

On the way to 200+ pounds KevinSorbo's Avatar
    KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can recover on time and know what you're doing in regards to a specific routine, then try it, but I wouldn't deadlift 3 times a week, my back (mainly lower) simply wouldn't have enough time to recover. I dont recommend it at all. I cant imagine seeing any gains from that.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    heavy deads 3 times a week? if so HELL no
    well i am taking out squats for the next month.

lol why not

Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtralarge123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    depends on your recovery time, most likely you can do 2 days maybe 3 see how your body feels and if gains are comming then adjust it from there if you have to.

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3 heavy conventional/sumo dl's a week? I wouldn't recommend it, but i think fuzzy has done 3 heavy dl's 1 week and no dl's at all the next week, ask him about it. Also the lowerback takes 100hours to recover, so go easy on volume.

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    ok well i have a goal of hitting 500 by feb 22nd. i wanted to up my protein intake and do deadlift on leg days as well.

do you think it will be ok?

I want the reply from the more advanced users of the section. not the ones that just came in this year.
    2x a week MAX

I'd only do one day really
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well i am taking out squats for the next month.

lol why not
    well think about it for a min and if you still thinking lol why not, then go ahead and do and tell me how you feel in 1-2 weeks

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bull****, you can do this, you just need to pay specific attention to volume and do lots of stretching/soft tissue work.

Something like:

Monday - 70% 2x6, 75% 3x5
    Wednesday - 75% 2x5, 80%x4, 85% 4x3
    Saturday - 75% 2x5, 80% 3x5

Do lots of soft tissue work. Get a massage from your girlfriend. Do a solid warm-up...try something like:

Snatch
    Reverse hypers
    Good Morning
    Romanian Deadlift

Light weight, 3-5 reps each, do it a couple times before DLing. Wear a belt if necessary on the heaviest lifts, def. on Wednesday after the warm-up.

Try it for 3-4 weeks and increase the weight each week (15-30lbs first week, and so on).

EDIT: Might want to do a 1 week de-load after this.

EDIT: Just to be clear, %'s are based on your last 1RM (not estimated) raw deadlift (gloves allowable, but no suits/straps/wraps.)
    Last edited by Govithoy; 01-23-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lower back takes the longest to recover...
    Just sayin...

Originally Posted by Govithoy View Post
    Bull****, you can do this, you just need to pay specific attention to volume and do lots of stretching/soft tissue work.

Something like:

Do lots of soft tissue work. Get a massage from your girlfriend. Do a solid warm-up...try something like:

Snatch
    Reverse hypers
    Good Morning
    Romanian Deadlift

Light weight, 3-5 reps each, do it a couple times before DLing. Wear a belt if necessary on the heaviest lifts, def. on Wednesday after the warm-up.

Try it for 3-4 weeks and increase the weight each week (15-30lbs first week, and so on).

EDIT: Just to be clear, %'s are based on your last 1RM (not estimated) raw deadlift (gloves allowable, but no suits/straps/wraps.)
    sure you can do deadlifts 3 times a week with 2 of those being lower intensity i see powerlifting programs encorparate that all the time but going heavy 3 times a week will murder anyone

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sure you can do deadlifts 3 times a week with 2 of those being lower intensity i see powerlifting programs encorparate that all the time but going heavy 3 times a week will murder anyone
    Are you going to suggest anything, or just nitpick?

Are you going to suggest anything, or just nitpick?
    just saying he shouldn't deadlift heavy 3 times a week

i would say deadlift one day then few days later do aa lift that directly helps the deadlift like good morning, rack deadlift, ect

wtf is nitpick?

On the way to 200+ pounds KevinSorbo's Avatar
    KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Something like:

Snatch
    Reverse hypers
    Good Morning
    Romanian Deadlift

Have you tried this? It would be good to know you didnt just pull this out of your ass or at least have good reason why one would want to do this.
    Last edited by KevinSorbo; 01-23-2008 at 08:46 PM.

just saying he shouldn't deadlift heavy 3 times a week

i would say deadlift one day then few days later do aa lift that directly helps the deadlift like good morning, rack deadlift, ect

wtf is nitpick?
    Thank you for being constructive . That's usually how I train DL actually.

Originally Posted by KevinSorbo View Post
    Have you tried this? It would be good to know you didnt just pull this out of your ass or at least have good reason why one would want to do this.
    Pull out of the ass, no, tried it, no. It's a toned down version of the second mesocycle from Smolov, because you can't handle anywhere near the same volume (at such loads) with DL than with squats.

The warm-up covers the lift in sections (except for romanian, I just like to warm up with that) and is, once again, similar to the warm-up for Smolov.

For what it's worth, I'll probably be trying this relatively soon anyway. I was doing to do Smolov Jr. for Power Clean in 3 weeks, but I think I'll do this instead.

EDIT: Just looked at your sig, strong deadlift. How do you train it?

LifesaBitchImItsPlayer foxrider1's Avatar
    foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    overkill
    FOLLOW MY JOURNAL!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=278754281#post278754281

Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000) Adawg4929 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends what types of deadlifts, i deadlift 3 times a week, 1 light-normal deadlift, 1 SL deadlift and 1 Heavy deadlift.

I used to deadlift heavy twice a week and SL DL once a week but i cant handle it right now.

Thank you for being constructive . That's usually how I train DL actually.

your welcome

now can i continue to nitpick?

your welcome

now can i continue to nitpick?
    At your leisure.

Originally Posted by Xamine View Post
    Lower back takes the longest to recover...
    Just sayin...
    but if my body can handle it...

but if my body can handle it...
    whos body can handle high intensity deadlifts 3 times a week??

whos body can handle high intensity deadlifts 3 times a week??
    ill put mine to the test

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The lower back takes 100hours to recover, so keep the volume low.