lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasescp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diabetes and Bodybuilding

Heya,
    Im starting bodybuilding and Ive read a million articles on the web about it including bodybuilding.com which have been very helpful and I have my routine done. The food, the weights, the machines, i got it all and im ready but theirs a problem that none of the sites seem to mentios.. diabetes.

I have type 1 diabetes mellitus and Im not one of the best controlled people although im improving. Im on an insuling pump btw.

Now do any of you know if the disease affects in any way the process of bodybuilding or any special cares to be taken?

Thanks for your help,
    Luc

Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keeping your blood sugar normal is the best thing you can learn to do if you want to grow from bb'ing.
    Once you have that down you can manipulate your insulin dosage to be anabolic at certain times (post workout) and limit your insulin in the body (before bed) to help from storing fat.

I'm also a type 1 diabetic and I have to say it has made bb'ing harder because I can't grow as fast as a normal person and I store fat MUCH easier but that's all part of the fight. It makes you a better person to overcome that and be sucessful.
    Reps For Life:
    Richie209
    Onita
    BenchPressKing1
    injustcuz