bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bruce_leet19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Oats in Protein Shake - Raw, Ground, Cooked?

Just wondering how you guys get your oats into your shakes. I see alot of people say grind em up, but i don't have a coffee grinder. I usually just throw some raw rolled oats into a blender with the rest of my stuff. Works ok, but I usually gotta chew my way through half of the shake hehe.

bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50) bofeity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use rolled oats and leave the blender on for about 30 seconds. It does a fairly good job, drinkable but thick of course.

another day in paradise punksurfer024's Avatar
    punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bofeity
    I use rolled oats and leave the blender on for about 30 seconds. It does a fairly good job, drinkable but thick of course.

exactly what i do, usually i grind the whole box of oats and then put them in an old protein container and scoop them in when needed.
    Millecor Sponsored Athlete

Isn't Kevin Federline... DonnieHatfield's Avatar
    DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonnieHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL I mix everything with a spoon because I always loose my shaker tops so I gave up on them. I man up and just drink with a handfull of fresh oats mixed in. Gets pretty thick towards the nbottom.
    Bulking...

I remember Eddie Guerrero. Cheat to win. Rest in peace and God bless.

"I've got a shotgun, and a rifle, and a four wheel drive....and a country boy can survive. Country folk can survive..."

"The fights gonna end quickly...but I don't think its gonna be the guy he thinks is gonna win."--Matt Hughes

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Before I had a grinder I just threw a cup of oats in my shaker. I'd shake em up and then wait a few minutes for the liquid to soke in a bit. Wasn't bad at all. Just looked a little repulsive.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I recommend you read the fantastic thread by Alan Aragon in the Nutrition Forum (it's a sticky).

gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gregisthegreate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just threw mine in a shaker cup and downed it before the oats absorbed alot of water.
    www.canadian-bodybuilding.com

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With rolled oats, I grind them up and mix it in.

With steel cut, I carry them separate, then chuck them in my mouth and chase with my protein shake. Steel cut oats sink to the bottom almost instantaneously.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10) REVIVAL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yup

Originally Posted by chlaxman
    With rolled oats, I grind them up and mix it in.

With steel cut, I carry them separate, then chuck them in my mouth and chase with my protein shake. Steel cut oats sink to the bottom almost instantaneously.

I use steel cut oats........they sink to the bottom no matter what but i like to blend them then put them in a container for whenever i need them. Blending it makes it a little finer but it still sinks to the the bottom but a little eaiser to drink/swallow.

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Invest in a small coffee grinder. They cost like $15, and it will turn oats into a fine powder.

I buy the largest barrel of Quaker oats and take about 15 minutes of grinding, then place the oats in some cylindrical tupperwear for storage. I'll eat regular oats (unground) once a day and grounded oats 3x a day in shakes and milks and such.

Tips:

1.) Add 16oz of milk to grounded oats and stir until it's all absorbed

2.) Add some Hershey's chocolate syrup or else you'll be drinking chalk, and while chalk can be fun for writing it sucks for drinking.