Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Enormous Green Rage Mnstr GSCampbell's Avatar
    GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool More Fun From Mongo in 2007

Well, well, well . . . look at this shiny new Over 35 journal section! Tres fancy

I have been keeping my journal in the Supplement Reviews section of late as I have been testing Met-Rx AMPED but it feels good to come back 'home' to the Over 35 section with my ongoing journal.

As those who know me know, I finished 2005 with a bang, that is if you consider having a fine, upstanding member of the medical profession rooting around in my gut with a rusty hook for my appendix a "bang." Anyhoo, after that fun I took about a month off (doctor's orders) and have just come back within the last few weeks. I am still a bit behind the curve on somne of my lifts but that's OK.

As most of you also know, I change my routine more often than Jag changes underwear so be prepared

I will be starting 2006 with the following routine. It is an "old favorite" of mine and I hope to stick to it for at least 8 weeks or so (lotsa luck GSC!):

Day 1 - Chest & Triceps
    -Flat Bench Press (10/8/6/4 pyramid)
    -Incline DB Press (10/8/6/4 pyramid)
    -Weighted Dips (10/8/6 pyramid)
    -EZ Bar Skullcrushers (10/8)
    -Cable Pressdowns (10/8)

Day 2 - Back & Biceps
    -Wide-grip Pulldowns (10/8/6 pyramid)
    -One-arm DB Rows (10/8/6 pyramid)
    -Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns (1-2 sets to failure)
    -Straight Bar Curls (10/8)
    -Incline DB Hammer Curls (10/8)

Day 3 - Legs & Shoulders
    -Barbell Squats (15/10/5 pyramid)
    -Lying Leg Curl (12/10)
    -Seated Angle Calf Raise (12/12)
    -Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (10/8/6 pyramid)
    - Seated Lateral Raise (machine) (10/8/6)

A couple of notes on this:

-Yes, I plan to add deadlifts back at some point - I am not quite comfortable yet in terms of my core, but I'll get there.

-I like this configuration as it allows me both higher and lower reps and I think it will be good for building back some endurance.

My goals for the year in no particular order:

-Improve diet to reduce bodyfat% (This will be a challenge)
    -Continue to build strength but maintain BW +/- 200 lbs
    -Achieve world domination

In terms of supplementation & diet, I am a sucker for any pre-workout "cell volumizer" and will continue with those. I am still working out at the crack of dawn so I like the (caffeine) rush these supps provide. Yes, I could drink a Red Bull or a similar energy drink but that would be less expensive and easier. Besides, I stll have the rest of my AMPED to go through plus some leftover Shock Therapy and Vault (a.k.a. Liquid Ass) to finsih off. My diet still stinks but Mrs. GSC and I are working on that for 2006. We are trying to "eat better" so we'll see how it goes. She tried to hoodwink me into a 7-day "detox" diet and I lasted one day before I needed some meat and coffee but we will work on it.

I am posting Before and After surgery pics so you get an idea of how hard it was on me

As usual, I will include iPod highlights in most entries. These will give you a window into my twisted taste, so be careful. I am currently listening to XO by Fall Out Boy as I type! ~

I am again looking forward to the great advice, fun, and friedship of the Over-35 forum. Let's have a great 2006.

GSC
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GSCampbell; 01-21-2006 at 10:26 AM.
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Howdy GSC, great pics... you've really bulked up.

Good luck with your goals in '06, should be fun around here.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GSCampbell
    ...I am posting Before and After surgery pics so you get an idea of how hard it was on me
    On YOU? What about those of us who were foolish enough to click into your pics? Say you're sorry.

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LMAO! Welcome back, brudda! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change my underwear.

jag
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by joed
    On YOU? What about those of us who were foolish enough to click into your pics? Say you're sorry.
    OK, I'm sorry
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

Originally Posted by jaguarr
    LMAO! Welcome back, brudda! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change my underwear.

jag

No! Wait! I still like this split! I can't change yet!

Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Synicus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, no offence, but from your pictures you need to hit the tuna and stay away from the belly burgers.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yummy on that before pic!! It made me have impure thoughts. Shocking.

Tres fancy

Good luck to you, GSC!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09
    Yummy on that before pic!! It made me have impure thoughts. Shocking.
    I know. Too bad it isn't me.

I have no new pics since the last one on the beach with my two older girlies - sorry.

Originally Posted by Synicus
    Hey man, no offence, but from your pictures you need to hit the tuna and stay away from the belly burgers.
    Hey, I owe my cheseled physique to those belly burgers

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, you were a hottie in that pic. I'm sure you still are.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am subscribed. According to that last pick you let yourself go just a little. But, it's nothing some good workouts, cardio and major lipo can't cure

But, seriously, looking forward to the journal.

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey, where's the PB's, GSC!? Quit slackin' and start stackin'!

jag

Monday - Back at it

Happy Monday (ugh! I hate myself for saying that)

After watching that demoralizing Broncos loss and then gleefully watching the Panthers get dismantled, I hit the sack early and jumped (OK, crawled) out of bed this morning for chest & triceps. I chugged my two sccops of AMPED in the car on the way over - good caffeine rush.

Here's the detail:

Flat Bench Press (10/8/6/4)
    Work Sets:
    185 x 10
    205 x 8
    225 x 5
    245 x 3
    Observations: Man, it has been a while since I had flat bench in the regular rotation and I am lagging I wasn't completely unhappy with these; I had ggood form and got a nice pump from them, but I do feel that I have let this lift fall by the wayside and my numbers reflect that. Goal moving forward is to improve these numbers (it's good to have goals, right? )

Incline DB Press (10/8/6/4)
    Work Sets:
    65 x 10
    75 x 8
    85 x 5
    95 x 3
    Observations: I moved the angle of the incline up a bit since adding the flat benches back in. I had been doing these at a very low incline (I'm lousy at geometry OK? It was at two 'clicks' on the adjustable bench and I moved it up to three 'clicks') and I was happy with the result. Lats set was murder! Keeping the weights wwhere they are until I can get all sets/reps.

Weighted Dips (10/8/6)
    Work Sets:
    Body Weight x 10
    Body Weight +25 x 7
    Body Weight +50 x 4
    Observations: Gotta love that Grizzly belt! I am used to doing pretty low reps on dips so this felt different but good. I am still struggling with my endurance and the second and third sets were challenging to say the least.

EZ Bar Skullcrushers (10/8)
    Work Sets:
    60 (weight only) x 8
    70 (weight only) x 6
    Observations: the first set was all jacked up - my grip was odd and the collar I had on the right side was wobbly. Even if it had been perfect I'm pretty sure I would still have gotten only 8 reps. I am bringing these down to my forehead but I may tinker with that and bring them down to behind my head - thoughts?

Cable Pressdowns (V-bar) (10/8)
    Work Sets:
    180 x 8
    200 x 4
    Observations: I was toast at this point and I think I set the weight too high to start off. Still got a great pump but I would prefer to get closer to my sets/reps. I may move the weight down a bit - not sure. I was done at this point - staggered to the showers.

iPod Highlights: The day can't be all bad when you start off to the Beatles' Why Don't We Do It in the Road - can it? Other highlights were Mayor of Simpleton by XTC, If I Had $1Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies, Orange Crush by R.E.M., and Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears.

Overall, a decent chest/tri day. I do feel that my triceps may have gotten a little short-changed as the first two lifts did take a lot out of me. If I find that becomming a patern, I may switch to a Chest/Bicep combo and do Tris with Back - we'll see.

In regard to the AMPED, I feel it is giving me a decent rush pre-workout. I don't think I am seeing much in the way of better pumps or sustained energy throughout the day but I wasn't expecting that to be honest.

I'll be back at it Wednesday and filling all of your threads with smart-assed comments between now and then.

GSC
    Last edited by GSCampbell; 01-23-2006 at 07:36 AM.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nicely done GSC

I'm sure that your bench will come back in no time.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Well, see, they took away your crutch of being able to push with your appendix and look what happens to your bench press. You'll be back up there in no time, man! Keep up the hard work!

jag

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome numbers, GS. Your comeback is amazingly quick.

jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmurjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On the skull's, The best variation I have found is taking an incline bench Standing on the seat part of it crouching down (squat position) so your back is at the top of it and doing them behind your head from that position. Works best with a spotter to hand the weight up to you from behind. Hope that made sense.

Nice detailed journal.
    Failure = Growth ! IMO of course

Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmurjr
    On the skull's, The best variation I have found is taking an incline bench Standing on the seat part of it crouching down (squat position) so your back is at the top of it and doing them behind your head from that position. Works best with a spotter to hand the weight up to you from behind. Hope that made sense.

Nice detailed journal.
    Persoanlly, I would probably fall square on my ass if I tried that one. I have found that I get a much better streatch when I do them behind my head.

Originally Posted by jmurjr

Nice detailed journal.
    Makes sense but I have no trustworthy spotter - thanks though!

4 Days This week

As some of you know from my other journal, my wife works in the ER of a local hospital (Swedish for those of you in CO) and has an odd schedule. She works 4:00 to Midnight so I try to coordinate my workout schedule so that we can spend as much time together in the evenings as we can - as such I try to work out on mornings after she works since I hit the sack so early.

Anyway, she works Wednesday and Thursday night this week so I am adjusting my split to a 4-day this week so we can have tonight together.

Sooooo, today was suddenly Back & Biceps:

Wide Grip Pulldowns (10/8/6)
    Work Sets:
    140 x 10
    160 x 8
    180 x 4
    Observations: better today on these although I still did not hit my third set.

One-arm DB Rows (10/8/6)
    Work Sets:
    65 x 10
    80 x 8
    95 x 6
    Observations: I think I will leave the weights where they are for one more week. I was very happy to get these but the final set was a struggle. I would prefer to work with the 95's one more week before going up.

Straight Arm Pulldowns (cable) (1 set to fail)
    Work set: 110 x 12
    Observations: on these, when I get to 15, I bump the weight up. I like these as a "finisher" and got a nice pump from these.

EZ Bar Curls (10/8)
    Work Sets:
    75 x 10
    85 x 7+1
    Observations: Not bad on these today - sooo close on the second set but no cigar.

Incline DB Hammer Curls (10/8)
    Work Sets:
    35 x 10
    40 x 7
    Observations: I didn't hit my mark here lat week but these went much better today!

iPod Highlights: kind of an odd mix today but still some good stuff: Hair (from the movie), I'll Be by Edwin McCain (I think), Cult of Personality by Living Color, Prove My Love by the Violent Femmes, and finally the Style Council with Walls Come Tumbling Down.

Overall a decent workout - I was a little tight from yesterday at the start but I picked up steam as I went. I am planning to add some lighter deads back in next week - wish me luck!

Have a great Tuesday all.

GSC

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    AAAHHH,you mean thats not you in the pic..
    Oh well...lol..i'm sure you are just as cute..and you are just lucky i'm not a Panther fan..had to let that go after the 1-15 season...lol

Vanessa
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Nice workout, bro! Enjoy some time with the Missus tonight!

jag

Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice workout GSC, bet you can't wait to get back at those deadlifts.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GSCampbell
    ...my wife works in the ER of a local hospital (Swedish for those of you in CO) and has an odd schedule. She works 4:00 to Midnight...GSC
    If she was working there 10 yrs ago when I stumbled into the ER just before midnight, I'll buy her a bottle of the best champagne she's ever tasted for rushing me in & not screwing around with any paperwork!

Originally Posted by joed
    If she was working there 10 yrs ago when I stumbled into the ER just before midnight, I'll buy her a bottle of the best champagne she's ever tasted for rushing me in & not screwing around with any paperwork!
    No such luck - she has only been there for about 5 years.

She works 4:00 to Midnight so I try to coordinate my workout schedule so that we can spend as much time together in the evenings as we can

Awwww! That's so sweet -- you're a good hubby. My hubby's like that also. It sounds like you're telling everyone in Colorado your wife is Swedish (i.e., blonde and beautiful) and inviting them to come see her. LOL

Nice job on the workouts, GSC!

Ummmm, Go Steelers!!

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09
    Ummmm, Go Steelers!!
    I agree on this one now. My sister and her husband live in PA (Altoona), I was born in Philly, etc. So I would prefer the Steelers over Seattle.

Next year . . . Go Bears! (God, how many times in my life have I written/said that? Sheesh! )

You should be a Carolina Gamecock fan -- you'd fit right in. LOL

Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Beefcake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GSC, just a word of warning concerning your most recent purchase of R4W...it tastes worse than we expected! Though I have never tasted the "Liquid Ass", i have a feeling this is going to make that taste like Kool-Aid. It pretty much looks, smells, and tastes like bong water! The good news is that it works as promised. Maybe someday we will wise up and take Jag's advice and go with the Red Bull.