EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what's better chicken or tuna?

I want to add more protein to my diet to bring it up to 1g / lb but I don't want to add more fat.

I'm Looking at adding either Light Tuna or Chicken breast.
    According to fitday.com the Tuna is about 30:1 protein:fat where as the chicken seems to be 10:1 so in that regard tuna looks better and I think the fat in fish is a better kind of fat.

What about heavy metals in fish? If I eat a can of tuna every day how much risk is that?

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look, eat whatever you want to eat, both are great! I eat 1 can of tuna a day, and 2 8oz chicken breasts a day. I'm fine, so is everyone else.

The chicken will probably contain more protein, since there is more there.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chicken and tuna are both good low fat protein sources. Eat whichever you like better. If you are bulking, though, remember that the fat in meats like beef/pork/etc. will help you grow.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chicken, Turkey, Tuna, ALL AWESOME Protein sources that are very low in fat!

EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did a little searching and based on median mercury levels from EPA testing of canned light tuna if I ate a can of light tuna every day I would get about 220% of the EPA recommended safe levels of mercury, assuming I ate no other seafood.
    Anyone here actually eat that much tuna?

on a side note: Salmon has one tenth the mercury of light tuna but has a much higher fat to protein ratio.

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lots of people eat a can a day. I know of people that eat 2-3 cans per day. The salmon is a good choice, dont worry about the fat. Where in WA you from man?

Originally Posted by gymratluke
    Lots of people eat a can a day. I know of people that eat 2-3 cans per day. The salmon is a good choice, dont worry about the fat. Where in WA you from man?

I may go with Salmon, I like the taste better anyway.
    One problem is in the last two months I've gone from steadily decreasing BF% to a jump in BF% while my weight has remained steady.
    The trend started about 2 months ago and was made worse by all the holiday foods.
    I cleaned up my diet and switched from lifting 4 days a week to 2 days a week and, added an extra hour of cardio, about 3 weeks ago.

Someone suggested I may need more calories, not fewer, and in particular: more protein. So I'm evaluating what's the best way to add about 40g of protein to my diet with out too many other calories.

(BTW: I'm from Bellevue.)

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I eat two or three cans of tuna every day and I never had a problem. And I have been doing this for YEARS. And to answer your original question, I still think chicken is by far the best lean protein resource.

-Spaz

Originally Posted by EricF14
    I may go with Salmon, I like the taste better anyway.
    One problem is in the last two months I've gone from steadily decreasing BF% to a jump in BF% while my weight has remained steady.
    The trend started about 2 months ago and was made worse by all the holiday foods.
    I cleaned up my diet and switched from lifting 4 days a week to 2 days a week and, added an extra hour of cardio, about 3 weeks ago.

Someone suggested I may need more calories, not fewer, and in particular: more protein. So I'm evaluating what's the best way to add about 40g of protein to my diet with out too many other calories.

(BTW: I'm from Bellevue.)
    Protein shakes man. Its the only whey to go I have 3 2-scoop shakes per day minimum when cutting. Its the only way to get that much protein without a ton of excess calories from fat.

OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OUChevelleSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chicken of the Sea

Just don't ask Jessica Simpson which is better, she'll get all confused...

Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat your tuna!

The FDA warning on mercury in tuna was turned into a lot of hype. It was based on a story about a girl who was on a tuna DIET (meaning it was the cornerstone of her diet), got mildly sick and had slightly elevated levels of mercury in her blood. If you're worried, get the light tuna instead of the white. I eat 3-4 12oz cans/week.
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SMALL

"tofurkey? tof*ck yourself" ~ W8

Check out my journal (currently on hold): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7096271

Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't be afraid of healthy fats (the kinds found in lean meats, fish, pb, and some oils,) they will actually help you. (cutting and bulking)

I personally eat at least 1 can of Tuna Chunk Light everyday. I haven't died yet and I've been doing it for 5 months. Its a easy and cost effective. I also try to eat 2 large chicken breasts daily. Chicken, tuna, and protein shakes account for most of the protein in my diet regardless if I am bulking or cutting.
    A calorie is not a calorie.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I think I'll add the tuna most days and Salmon on days I'm lifting when the extra fat can go towards building muscle.

(Gym rat: ouch, That's a quarter in the pun jar for you

keithprt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    question for gewwy how does someone smoke 3000 cigarettes a day?(aprox 200in a carton)

HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) HandOfFate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mix it up.

Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by keithprt
    question for gewwy how does someone smoke 3000 cigarettes a day?(aprox 200in a carton)
    Never refer to Chuck Norris as "someone." I believe you meant The One.
    A calorie is not a calorie.

Originally Posted by keithprt
    like this:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/w...comments/2562/

keithprt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

lmfao all hail chuck!!!!

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ummm... light tuna? is that different from a waterpack tuna? i dont think they sell it over here

is it ok to eat 1 can of normal tuna a day?

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl
    No way. Crazy stuff starts to happen. Like, one time, me and my buddy were eating tuna every day and our hands started sprouting this thick, black hair and we like totally freaked out and then we were like all fcuked up going like 'reeeerowwww wulla wulla QTF?!!!111eleven??!!1'

So, yeah, NEVER eat tuna every day or this could happen to you.
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl
    ummm... light tuna? is that different from a waterpack tuna? i dont think they sell it over here

Other than the mercury I have not heard of any danger in eating tuna.
    There are several different kinds of Tuna. Albacore tuna (white tuna) has the most mercury. Light Tuna has the least. I believe "light" and "white" refer to the color but I don't really know.

Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mister_A is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to eat a lot of tuna but mostly eat chicken now cause tuna has so much sodium and I kinda just got sick of the taste since I always ate it plain.
    Scheizekopf