ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation In keto & not losing weight: HELP!

So Ive been doing keto for id say about a little more than 2 months total...1 month then i messed around for the holidays and ive been doing it since the new yrs started.

Although ive seen some ups and downs...overall Im still at the same weight and around the same body fat(no noticeable differences in the mirror). Although I did notice, that the first month my energy levels were way up and that helped my strength to increase. However, those have fallen off.

I bought ketostix and tested a few times and got trace...so i figure im doing something right. (occasionally i think its negative because of all the water).

I weigh 200lbs and am aiming to get to at least 190 or 185ish. I tried forever(At least a 1.5 yrs on a standard diet...and modified things to see changes none of which worked)...i was hoping keto would save me...but doesnt seem to be working.

I was eating around 2200 cals on avg/day ...and i reduced that the last week and still havent been seeing any improvements...ive also tried increasing cardio.

my diet is generally like:

8:30am
    4 whole eggs
    1tbsp olive oil or dressing

11:30
    1.5 ball park hot dogs
    1-2 cubic inches of cheese occasionally

2:30
    chicken breast or 2 thighs
    1.5 cups broccoli or green beans
    2 cubic inches cheese

3:30-workout(following plan on the step-by-step keto diet..except on fri's i do plyometrics. i also play bball about 2-3 times a week at night....around 9 for 1.5 hrs...and started jogging 10-15 mins after most workouts)

4:30
    pwo shake
    juice

6ish
    chicken breast or 2 thighs
    2 cubic inches cheese

1.5 ballpark hot dogs
    2 cubic inches cheese

1130(first month):
    1 cup broccoli
    1-2 tbsp ranch dressing
    1 can tuna

i remember entering in this into fitday and got around 2200 cals generally

without the last meal it was maybe 1800-1900.

on carbups ... i forgot how many calories im getting but its not an insane amount...maybe 2800 cals... all generally from oatmeal , pasta, or kidney beans...with maybe 1 cheat meal in there(a burrito?) .

if anyone can offer some advice that'd be great. im dying for help...tryign to shed the last set of lbs. im aiming to get into more shape for bball...so i wouldnt mind losing a lit muscle on my top half to get the fat loss gains i want.

thanks!

ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssridhar582 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hel?

comeon...43 views no replies..somebody has to have had similar results/problems??

Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you figure out the percentages of fat, protein and carbs you were getting from that 2200 calories?

Ideally you want 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs. From the meals you posted, I would say you are eating closer to 50% fat, 45% protein, 5% carbs. For example my meals lately have been sausage and eggs, and sausage has about twice the fat as it does protein. The meals you are eating look to be about equal in protein and fat. The few tests you did with keto strips would tend to corrorborate that assumption.

I've been kind of sloppy as well with the diet. I started about a month ago and I'd say first 2 weeks were just eating anything I could find with high fat, and little to no carbs. By the 3rd week I finally got around to totalling all the specific information and could see the proper ratios of fat/protein/carbs. I still haven't gotten keto strips yet, but I just ordered them now. Such a procrastinator lol.
    Last edited by Orion35; 01-23-2006 at 02:01 PM.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try putting it into fitday.com I think you're protein is too high and fats too low.

You may want to consider some other forms of fat.

mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm gonna agree with these guys.... the easiest way into ketosis is eating like 85% fat 15% protein... this allows for very little glucogenisis from the protein... if you're eating protein as the major component of your diet that is the source of energy you're body will use, thus higher blood glucose levels and more insulin for storage and bam... you're not losing any weight... I highly recommend almonds, walnuts and flax meal to get your fat up... one handful(my hand atleast) or walnuts has like 20gram of fat!

-Moose