J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many calories do you need per pound of body weight?

How many if you want to "clean bulk" and get alot of muscle mass??
    Last edited by J Pistons 06; 01-19-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigmike341 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well it takes 3500 calories in excess of your normal intake needs to gain 1 lb of weight. As far as solely gaining muscle with no fat, it's my understanding that depends on the kind of food you're eating.

J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J Pistons 06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im eating only healthy foods like tuna, wheat bread, eggwhites,yogurt, some fruits and vegatables, CHEESE CUBES, salmon, chicken breast

but I remember this guy told me you needed like 5 alories per pound of bodyweight or somethin but I cant remember what he said.

Constantly Progressing... Steadfast50's Avatar
    Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000) Steadfast50 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey pistons i''m uploading a calorie/carb/fat calculator i made for ya.

hold on, i'll edit this post when it's up.

EDIT: Actually, i'm going to post it in it's own thread, so everyone can use it.

I made the other thread, hope it helps you
    Last edited by Sk8er4life; 01-19-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Paranoid of Salmonella RaiderLacrosse's Avatar
    RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RaiderLacrosse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a general rule, just multiply your bodyweight x 18 and that's how many calories you need.

I.E. 180 pounds x 18 = 3,240 calories.

Many others will claim that you need more, and if you're doing the work in the gym then the more the better, but I use this as a good general outline for calorie counting. Still others will think that 3,240 is way to low for someone of 180 pounds, however try putting that many calories into your body with a busy schedule (WITHOUT exaggerating or rounding up to the nearest hundred calorie) and you'll start to respect this calculation a little more.

Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Classical has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    15-20 x Bodyweight = Calories

Lower towards 15 for slower metabolisms and higher towards 20 for faster metabolisms.
    According to the Greek legend, there was an innkeeper named Procrustes who was obsessed with having his guests fit in his bed. If his guests were shorter than the length of the bed, he stretched them out until they fit. If they were too tall, then he chopped their feet off.

Chrysler Corporation Car 91SundanceRS's Avatar
    91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500) 91SundanceRS is not very helpful. (-500)
    I require about 22 per pound to maintain without working out and probably about 26 per pound to gain 1/2 pound per week. I lose 1 pound per week on 18 kcal per pound. If I go to an intake of 15 kcal per lb, I tend to quickly gauld my muscle mass. Been there done that on my fat loss program. I always wondered why I required more calories than the average person, or why most calculators calculated my requirements lower than what they actually were. Not sure why this is.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by J Pistons 06
    How many if you want to "clean bulk" and get alot of muscle mass??
    It's not measured in terms of just body weight.
    Here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=calorie+calculator

There are tons of different ways to measure it.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.