puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500)

Are you supposed to bend your knees when doing standing militay presses

Are you supposed to bend your knees when doing standing militay presses. I noticed some people do that. Is that cheating?

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by puppetzz
    Are you supposed to bend your knees when doing standing militay presses. I noticed some people do that. Is that cheating?
    I do.. sometime last year I had my knees locked in place and I fealt a weird pop inside of my knee cap, fealt weird but didn't hurt. After that experience I dont lock my knees anymore. Nothings worst than gettin this spine tingly feeling as you lift.
    Watch these videos on 9/11:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906859

puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500) puppetzz is not very helpful. (-500)
    I mean like using your legs to help you drive the weight up.

Jools has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jools has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jools has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jools has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That changes the excercise to a Push Press if you drive with your legs.

Still a good excercise, but Id add a little more weight because of the extra help you are getting from your legs.

Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I mean like using your legs to help you drive the weight up.
    if ur their legs are going from bent to straight when they put the weight up then obviously i reckon they are cheating, doin em setaed is much better and safer if ur unable to do em strict
    On a journey to the brighter side of life.
    Writing about depression & self-development.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My blog: www.boyunderthebridge.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ricky_k
    if ur their legs are going from bent to straight when they put the weight up then obviously i reckon they are cheating, doin em setaed is much better and safer if ur unable to do em strict
    True this is a good way to do it as well. But my uncle tells me it's good to stand up so you can build a bit of endurance in your stabilizing (i dont think i just spelled that right) muscles
    Watch these videos on 9/11:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906859

dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkfan9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Using the legs makes it a push press, not a military press. More useful for athletes than bodybuilders.
    my journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1201781

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you are supposed to keep a slight bend in legs anytime you are doing a exercise standing....... keeps tension off the knee joint .
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    knees remain rigid. if you're letting them bend and use them to drive the bar up, you're doing a bastardized push press (Sicne chances are the rest of your form is **** since you're aiming to do a militiary press, not a push press).
    <->