IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)

can't squat low enough

there's a point where my legs will not go any further down and I feel like I can't do a proper squat...probably due to my awful flexibility. Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?

Thanks

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My heels start to come up at a certain point, no matter how much (or little) weight I have on the bar. So yeah, sounds like a similar problem. I just try to stretch deeper each time and over a couple months have been able to extend a little deeper but still cannot go parallel. There are probably some stretching exercises that would be good also but I don't know which ones.

CrisConti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's worth it for any bodybuilder to educate themselves with a few basic stretching exercises. Increasing flexibility helps to lower your chance of injury on some things... I can't hardly do stiff legged deadlifts because my legs won't stay straight... I just got a book on nothing but stretches and I plan to make a routine similar to my working out routine with them.

V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.intens************/26969-a...ighlight=squat

post#15 teaches how to squat properly

KRaye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of my friends actually read an article about how to improve your squat. It's called a third-world squat. It looks simple, but he got everyone at the gym to do it and only one person could actually do it and hold it comfortably. Apparently, he also squats very deep. Practicing these at home would probably help you in the gym, like the article says. It's an article from t-nation.

Here's the link
    http://www.t-nation.com/article/body...orld_squat&cr=

PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    try a narrower stance.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Buy a book called " The Athletic Body In Balance" by Grey Cook.

It will show you everything you need to know and how to diagnose what your specific problem is.

Everyone should read this book!

airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) airnzah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by V5RED View Post
    http://www.intens************/26969-a...ighlight=squat

post#15 teaches how to squat properly
    nice. that's Dante, inventor of Doggcrapp training method
    BALLS TO THE WALL!!

"Okay, training is 100 percent, nutrition is 100 percent, and mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod: you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. So that is bullsh!t and there is no such thing (that one bodybuilding factor is more important than the other). - Dorian Yates

68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 68Anthony68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're hitting or breaking parralel then your good, man.
    SHUT UP AND SQUAT!

EAT BIG TO BE BIG

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My heels start to come up at a certain point, no matter how much (or little) weight I have on the bar. So yeah, sounds like a similar problem
    JUST: I use a small board under my heels, one inch only, and that solved not only that problem, but the problem that my ankles, which have been beaten up over the years due to a lot of basketball sprains, would hurt if I did squats flat footed.

there's a point where my legs will not go any further down

this may not necessarily be a choice, it may be indicative of your body and a natural limitation due to your combination of joint and bone connections. The best way to safely overcome this, if it is the case that you actually can go lower, is to do a lot of free standing squats WITHOUT WEIGHTS!!!! that way, you can safely practice and see if you can go lower without causing any injury that could incure if, as I pointed out, you actually do have a natural impediment.

If you're hitting or breaking parralel then your good, man.

this is not necessarily the best of advice: read quote and answer number two above this one.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you see, if possible, with squats, you can achieve the most overall benefits from this fantastic exercise if you can do a full balls to the floor movement.

however, one must always keep in mind, that there really could be a natural impediment to this.

once someone reaches a certain stage in their bodybuilding life, they learn to recognize the difference between a good pain and a bad pain and thus would avoid the latter, however, when you are younger, or newer, you may not have this faculty yet and can do a major injury with squatting which always bears that risk.

that is why I recommend anyone seeking to see if they can safely go lower in their squats to do free standing squats without weights and use high repetitions so that they can acclimate their bodies to the lower position without the risk involved with simultaneously having a lot of weight on your shoulder while you try this.

even without weights, squats should be done in a controlled and measured way: they should not be quick and haphazard.....doing a free standing squat you should act as if there IS a weight upon your shoulder.

BTW: if anyone hasn't done these in a while, try doing about 35 to 50 right now, again, CONTROLLED, and slowly, with proper breathing and then see what your quads feel like when you are done. Not to mention what your BREATHING will be like , when you are done also! breathless, it will be!

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    That sounds like a great way to do squats, if done that way the weight people use wouldn't be so high.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    watch (there's 16 videos of the squat RX series, watch 'em all)

buy (olympic weightlifting shoes):

http://www.vsathletics.com/product.p...d6608e6a534204
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500) V5RED is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    watch (there's 16 videos of the squat RX series, watch 'em all)

buy (olympic weightlifting shoes):

http://www.vsathletics.com/product.p...d6608e6a534204
    reps for the video even tho i prefer to squat barefoot