bdizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Parmesan Cheese: Good or Bad?

I did a search and couldn't find anything, and I'm scared to ask this question in fear that the response will be in the negative but what's the deal with parmesan cheese? Man I love parmesan cheese. I make a rice dish with eggs that's begging for parmesan cheese and it tastes out of control good when I pour parmesan all over it, and I'm wondering whether it's harmless and may in fact add protein, or whether I'm just adding to the fat that I'll have to cut later.

Please God let them respond positively.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just look at the stats on the back. If I remember correctly there wasn't a whole lot good or bad about it. There might have been a lot of sodium but I don't remember.

vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's cheese just like any other cheese, only it has higher sodium. But it also has about 2 grams less fat per ounce than cheddar. From a calorie standpoint, all cheeses are pretty equal - approx 110 calories per oz. As long as hypertension isn't an issue, shake some parmesan on it if you want. Don't go overboard. Measure. At 110 calories per ounce it would be pretty easy to eat too much of it.

Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bdizzy
    I did a search and couldn't find anything, and I'm scared to ask this question in fear that the response will be in the negative but what's the deal with parmesan cheese? Man I love parmesan cheese. I make a rice dish with eggs that's begging for parmesan cheese and it tastes out of control good when I pour parmesan all over it, and I'm wondering whether it's harmless and may in fact add protein, or whether I'm just adding to the fat that I'll have to cut later.

Please God let them respond positively.
    you think Fitness Models and competitive BB's sprinkle parm cheese on their food....Hell no!!

It all depends on ur fitness goals..........it you want to look good and fit scrap the cheese......How about this make it a special treat for a saturday meal......that way you kick butt during the week and treat yourself.....

Once a week won't destroy ur diet.....

pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pump_30
    you think Fitness Models and competitive BB's sprinkle parm cheese on their food....Hell no!!

It all depends on ur fitness goals..........it you want to look good and fit scrap the cheese......How about this make it a special treat for a saturday meal......that way you kick butt during the week and treat yourself.....

Once a week won't destroy ur diet.....

Sorry, but that couldnt be farther from the truth. Cheese is good for you in moderation as are other dairy products. As a rule of thumb, hard cheeses are better than soft cheeses when it comes to macros. As long as you have room in your daily caloric intake, cheese is fine.
    2.Respect newbies. A lot to ask, I know, especially if they don't read the board rules. But please, do not flame them. Point out there mistake in a proper and to the point manner (the shorter the better, as stupid questions are never in short supply) and point them to the correct places to find the correct information. Rules, FAQ’s and the search button. -Board Protocol by BC

kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there arent many calories in parmesan. 2 teaspoons only has 20 calories, 1.5 fat, and 2 grams of protein. a sprinkling of it shouldnt be more than 2 teaspoons anyways. i use it and dont feel guilty.

bdizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, that's what i noticed tonight (but mine says ONE tbsp. = 25 cal). if it is 110cal/ounce as someone mentioned up top, then that's just a product of it being really light, so an ounce is probably a lot (I'd consider 4 tablespoons a lot, and that's not more than 100cal according to the back). Anyways, I'm bulking, so it seems although immense amounts would do damage, in relative moderation it seems totally harmless. YAY for parmesan!

vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vb1175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as a side note, I'd recommend the natural stuff (either preshredded or in a brick in the dairy section) as opposed to the stuff that you get in a can. A little more pricey, but it doesn't contain any additives. I don't trust canned cheese that doesn't have to be refrigerated.

Originally Posted by Pump_30
    Ummm, i'm sure some of them do, as it's just a little cheese. Like any dairy product, they may not eat it pre-contest, but during training, yeah.

tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Moderation

I know it's an annoying non-answer but... Food is neither good nor bad; it's just food. It all depends on your diet plan and personal goals.

I do not consume cheese as a part of my regular diet because it tends to have a lot of fat and sodium. Basically, I don't need it. I get protein elsewhere, so I'm gaining very little from consuming it. Also, I really like cheese. I have a hard time moderating my own intake. Best for me just to avoid it altogether.

That being said, if you can limit yourself to a tablespoon or two of parm, it isn't likely to affect much.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's cheese not radioactive waste, IDK what are you expecting people to say?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tangozuluniner View Post
    I know it's an annoying non-answer but... Food is neither good nor bad; it's just food. It all depends on your diet plan and personal goals.

I do not consume cheese as a part of my regular diet because it tends to have a lot of fat and sodium. Basically, I don't need it. I get protein elsewhere, so I'm gaining very little from consuming it. Also, I really like cheese. I have a hard time moderating my own intake. Best for me just to avoid it altogether.

That being said, if you can limit yourself to a tablespoon or two of parm, it isn't likely to affect much.

This thread is 10 years old you chode.
    Delirious Mutant.

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong 10 year old thread bump

tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tangozuluniner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    This thread is 10 years old you chode.
    Sorry, I found it as the first result on my Google search. No reason to be rude, man.

relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i eat it everyday with potatoes or pasta and i don't see anything wrong in the ingredients

Ruaridh321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not that bad, I guess it depends how much you eat and how strict your diet is.

Personally, I allow myself a good spoonful of parmesan over pasta.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tangozuluniner View Post
    Sorry, I found it as the first result on my Google search. No reason to be rude, man.

Awwww c'mere.
    Delirious Mutant.