heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

strained hip flexor

i recently strained a muscle in my hip flexor area.. haven't been to the trainer yet, comes to school wednesday. Any advice on best way to heal or speed recovery time? I can't really take time off because I'm in bball season and need to play. I've been icing and heating 20/20, end with ice.

farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heardy10 View Post
    i recently strained a muscle in my hip flexor area.. haven't been to the trainer yet, comes to school wednesday. Any advice on best way to heal or speed recovery time? I can't really take time off because I'm in bball season and need to play. I've been icing and heating 20/20, end with ice.
    Massage, see physiotherapist if possible, ice more frequently, do hot-cold water intervals while in shower. Dont stretch it.

heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you know approximately how long it will take for it to heal? or won't it heal while i am in basketball season?

farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you know approximately how long it will take for it to heal? or won't it heal while i am in basketball season?
    depends on degree of the pull.

FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUMuscle07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Def. dont stretch it. My coach made me stretch mine senior year and it porbably added 3 weeks to the injury. Ice it and relax it as much as possible. Also freeze some water in a small paper cup, once its frozen peel the paper cup off of it and use the ice block to massage the area. Helped me a lot.
    ~~~R.I.P. T.J.M aka Frvrmuscle~~~

Registered User |}373r/\/\1n3|)'s Avatar
    |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) |}373r/\/\1n3|) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is nearly impossible to diagnose over the internet without being able to actually feel the area to see which muscle in particular is affected...i'm a phsyical therapy grad student and believe me when I say that you need to see someone quickly. This type of injury can be a huge pain b/c you constantly use your hip flexors throughout the day and they do not get adequate rest while you are on the move. Ice and heat are your friends for the time being but if you see a physical therapist they will bring ultrasound and massage into the picture which will help you out tremendously.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dont play on it.....

minimize the amount u have to do strenuous activity

i did the same thing in spring football, and the same intense pain was there for whole 3 1/2 weeks....cuz i decided i thought i could play it off

our fullback did the same thing, but went to the trainers, and he was back in about 3days
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get it looked at immediately. I strained both of mine, kept playing, and now 3 1/2 years later, they are seriously f-ed up.

LIGHT SKINNED MANDINGO G-mane12's Avatar
    G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cosmo34 View Post
    Get it looked at immediately. I strained both of mine, kept playing, and now 3 1/2 years later, they are seriously f-ed up.
    x2...

Most annoying injury ever.. lol
    Stickam: ronniecoleman22

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson