uknownnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Long Can I Store Protein Shakes???

I usually prepare my protein shake (bananas + strawberries + whey + soy milk) in the morning and then drink it about 6-7 hours later (it would be stored in a fridge). The main reason for this being I work out in the gym at my office.

I was told that this might have some negative effects? Is it true?

TIA for the responses.

MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MMABastion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why Soy Milk?
    December 2003 weight - 268 pounds

December 2006 - 248 pounds
    December 2007 - 195
    Current 2011 weight - 205

Goal: Stay under 205 pounds but become twice as strong.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by uknownnn View Post
    I usually prepare my protein shake (bananas + strawberries + whey + soy milk) in the morning and then drink it about 6-7 hours later (it would be stored in a fridge). The main reason for this being I work out in the gym at my office.

I was told that this might have some negative effects? Is it true?

TIA for the responses.
    If you can add the protein powder in at the time of cosumption, that would be best.

If it's going to be sitting around, the biologically active / immunological properties of the protein would probably be diminished, but the aminos won't just disappear.

This is what I'd be concerned about - better have a clean container ... From Designer Whey's FAQs...

Q. Why should I mix protein into a drink and consume it immediately?
    Immediately does not mean instantly. However, drinking within 30 minutes of mixing is smart since pure protein in the liquid form is an extremely fertile environment for airborne bacteria growth. Leaving a protein drink (reconstituted from powder) in a refrigerator for two hours is probably okay, but not overnight.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.