Jagpreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool What is the proper way to do deadlifts?

Can someone go through the proper way to deadlifts i looked at a bunch of sites and couldnt find anything. this week people in the gym were looking at me weird like what was i doing. but on the other side i have never seen anyone doing deadlifts in my gym so they are not aware of the exercise or something. but can someone go through the proper way to do it??? thanks

sigweed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    absolute key thing is make sure you back is completely straight. i know when i started doing deads back in the day that my back was totally arced, which is really dangerous. It sounds gay, but to straighten your back, you kinda gotta stick your ass out really far, while you're lifting upwards. to keep my back straight i use a mental image of myself trying to curve my back like a cresent moon, which is impossible but makes it go really straight

i just woke up so i cant explain more

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wouldnt agree with keeping ur back straight, I hurt my back BADLY deadlifting 405 stiff legged like that a year ago. I finally got the 400 up again just today but how I fixed my back was with light deadlifts with my back arched. Really i think it depends on your structure
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hilltop55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if u have trouble keeping your back straight then it helps a lot if you look straight up with your head and spread your feet out a little wider.

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've described it before on this forum, unfortunately I can't find the link..
    Here's an article that describes them how I like to do them:
    http://www.testosterone.net/html/39power.html

fredk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sigweed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NextBestThing
    I wouldnt agree with keeping ur back straight, I hurt my back BADLY deadlifting 405 stiff legged like that a year ago. I finally got the 400 up again just today but how I fixed my back was with light deadlifts with my back arched. Really i think it depends on your structure
    well you can deadlift considerably more than i can, but im still pretty sure your back is supposed to be straight

Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're back should have the natural lordodic curve.
    (Your lumbaric vertebrae should form a concave curve facing backwards.. ie the natural curve)

You should try and maintain that curve for all lifts.

People have different degrees of curvature, so how curved depends on the individual. A straight back might be too rounded for some people, where as a curved back might be too curved for others..

Jagpreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah travis i looked at that site and that's exactly how i was doing mine. i just had doubts on my form.

There are a few ways to do them.. for instance a powerlift might tell you a different form than the one Ian King describes there. Dave Tate (of westside) would tell you to roll your shoulders.

That's how I like to do them and how I've taught most people to do them and no one has had trouble with it yet.

If it;s causing you discomfort(like real discomfort and pain, not just muscle soreness) than you might want to refine your form. If it hurts, don't do it!