Cut the crap, errr fat chaosad420's Avatar
    chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much weight gain?

I'm a beginning bber(about 2 and half months). Just came off a cutting diet of 1800 cals(50-60% protien) and switched to a bulking diet of 3000 cals (40/40/20). At the the same time i switched to the bulking diet i started a creatine mono loading phase of 20g a day. Lost 20 lbs in 2 months (from 195 down to 175) on the above stated cutting diet.

Now it has been a week at the 3k cals and ive gained almost 10 lbs!! Massive strength gains along with a much fuller appearance to muscles has also occured during the past week. But still, isnt 10lbs in a week too much and possibly (god forbid) alot of fat gain as well?

rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chaosad420
    I'm a beginning bber(about 2 and half months). Just came off a cutting diet of 1800 cals(50-60% protien) and switched to a bulking diet of 3000 cals (40/40/20). At the the same time i switched to the bulking diet i started a creatine mono loading phase of 20g a day. Lost 20 lbs in 2 months (from 195 down to 175) on the above stated cutting diet.

Now it has been a week at the 3k cals and ive gained almost 10 lbs!! Massive strength gains along with a much fuller appearance to muscles has also occured during the past week. But still, isnt 10lbs in a week too much and possibly (god forbid) alot of fat gain as well?
    Generally, yes 10 pounds in one week is too much, however, you just came off a cut which makes it much easier to gain weight. Also, half of that is probably water weight if your on monohydrate. If you gain more than 1-2 pounds this week I would decrease your calories because you may be ge gaining more fat than you want. BTW, no loading phase is needed on creatine, it just costs more money.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    when coming off of a severe cutting diet you will get a massive anabolic rebound effect as soon as you introduce the higher calories. it fills your muscles back out with water and glycogen; and does generate some new, extra, growth without the requisite heavy loading of the muscle to break it down.

you're right in that most of that is extra water weight, but it's not bad water weight.

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't need to load creatine.

you upped your cals too quickly.

lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50)

wow

Normally the body, if it is suddenly inundated with calories, will burn them off quickly(read: thermogenesis), because it is not ready to process and handle the excessively large quantities that you are stuffing into it, and it will typically take a few days for full out fat gain to begin. This process normalizes after a week or 2, but until then, each progressive day, the body stores more of the excess calories, as fat, (and other useful chemicals) and burns less of them through thermogenesis. There's more to it than that, but there's no need to go into it any further.

So what?: It's unlikely that the majority of the weight is from fat, although some of it will be, not most. I agree with the stated above that most of that will be water weight. I also agree that once you have been on this diet for a week or 2 and you still are gaining more than 1 pound, and certainly more than 2, it's time to change something.

Even so if you gained 10 pounds in a week, that's saying something about how much material and fluids your body was craving when you were cutting, that's not exactly the best thing to happen.