MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Get light headed/feel like I am going to pass out during squats

I am new to doing squats. Will my body adjust? Is there something I should change?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take it you're going to failure with every set? Don't worry though, that's not a bad thing. Squats IS a very demanding exercise. Get used to the hardwork and keep it up.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MSU_Accounting View Post
    I am new to doing squats. Will my body adjust? Is there something I should change?
    Are you breathing properly? What is your pre-workout meal like? Any pre-existing medical conditions that you are aware of? Do any other exercises cause you similar problems?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do squats my last rep is the one before I feel like I'm going to puke. Squats burn up a lot of fuel very fast and take a long of energy. They put to task over 75% of your muscle mass as well as your entire cardio vascular system. You will get used to it, but the feeling will never totally go away unless you're not working hard enough
    I wish my flab was emo so it'd cut itself.

MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10) MSU_Accounting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    Are you breathing properly? What is your pre-workout meal like? Any pre-existing medical conditions that you are aware of? Do any other exercises cause you similar problems?
    How am I supposed to breath?

PW Meal - is always around 30-40 g protein, 30-50 grams carbs, and a spoonful of PB. Carbs always being oats or WW bread. 1-1.5 hours before working out.
    I also drink a decent amount of caffeine before I workout, that could be part of it?

No medical condition.

I only get it on the last few reps, I have to take 1-3 seconds between reps on the last few to try to get my breath and it makes me feel better like I won't pass out.

And yes, I go to failure. I push myself very hard, when I feel like most ppl would stop I keep going, I think alot of lifting is mental.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try dialing back on the caffeine.

Breath should sucked in at the top before you lower with the weight, held during the eccentric (lowering) and released near the top half of the concentric (raising) part of the lift. Make sure it is a deep breath. Sometimes people breath in too shallow and don't get enough oxygen. by the end of their set, they are low on oxygen due to the exhausting nature of the lift.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.