swade1012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Volleyball and weight lifting

I don't know if I'm posting in the proper area. Before I started lifting weights I use to be a hard hitter, spiking I mean but since I started lifting weights my hits are so delicate and soft not even a tad hard can someone let me know what's going on here??

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by swade1012 View Post
    I don't know if I'm posting in the proper area. Before I started lifting weights I use to be a hard hitter, spiking I mean but since I started lifting weights my hits are so delicate and soft not even a tad hard can someone let me know what's going on here??
    You are trying to muscle the ball and forgeting the technique that got you there.

swade1012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks you may be right I keep focusing on trying kill it and lost my swing somewhere down the line I figure lifting made me stiff

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yep, technique most likely. Make sure when you're lifting that you don't forget to do core work (palof press, planks, etc.). Building your anti-rotational core capability gives you a firm base from which to spike. Also make sure that you are doing movement exercises, a good place to do them is in your dynamic warm up prior to lifting.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it is known problem in martial arts for example. Loss of explosiveness and speed with resistance training. The way to get around it is simple: after every weightlifting routine you have to dedicate some 15 minutes to whatever technique you are concerned about. I do shadow boxing with all the legwork and bob an weave, this kind of switches my brain back to it. It has to be on the same day, right after the lifting.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    it is known problem in martial arts for example. Loss of explosiveness and speed with resistance training. The way to get around it is simple: after every weightlifting routine you have to dedicate some 15 minutes to whatever technique you are concerned about. I do shadow boxing with all the legwork and bob an weave, this kind of switches my brain back to it. It has to be on the same day, right after the lifting.
    You dont have to do that. Just focus on technique during your sports practcie and you will be fine. You dont "deprogram" that rapidly.

surprisefart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    I think you're making a great point.

(switching to talk to OP now) I may also add that you want to devote 10-15 minutes a day on stretching, especially if you're getting into lifting right now. Also, as a volleyball player, I would take out all exercises which aren't directly beneficial to your volleyball game. I'd go as far as saying that normally the kinds of workouts you do to help you get better at sports are much better for your (in virtually every aspect) than a typical bodybuilding workout.