gigem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

front raises....

When doing front dumbell raises for the shoulders which grip should be used? Should palms be facing down when this exercise is done. Or should the palms be facing inwards when the exercise is done?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gigem
    When doing front dumbell raises for the shoulders which grip should be used? Should palms be facing down when this exercise is done. Or should the palms be facing inwards when the exercise is done?
    From what I have noticed an palms down(overhand) grip seems to work the anterior-medial delt tie-in. While palms facing(neutral,hammer) grip seems to work the anterior-pec area where they tie in to the chest.

skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use a combination of both grips. To me, it just felt like a natural position. Going either hammer or overhand felt like I was twisting my arm or something.

b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like to use an underhand grip every now and then.
    SMASH IT UP!
    LONG LIVE JOEY RAMONE.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by b.d.
    i like to use an underhand grip every now and then.
    It feel as if that grip hits the anterior delts the hardest. But it is just so damn hard to add weight using it.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a great compromise on this movement, and one that will allow you to handle more weight safely, is to use a parallel triceps bar when doing the movement.

when doing this movement, it is important not to let the bar stray too far from your body and violate the center of gravity, inviting injury.....

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    From what I have noticed an palms down(overhand) grip seems to work the anterior-medial delt tie-in. While palms facing(neutral,hammer) grip seems to work the anterior-pec area where they tie in to the chest.
    I've been using a neutral grip, supinating to an underhand grip and crossing towards my face to really try to nail that delt-pec tie-in area. I find I can use more weight becaue I'm bringing my chest into it somewhat. But DD's answer (quoted above) answers the original question perfectly IMO.