noob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many times should I work out abs a week?

I do a 4 day split and currently workout abs every other time I workout......... and I workout 4 to 5 times a week with the other being rest days.....also do 4 sets of weighted situps and some other stuff

I have had good gains but j/w if I will have better gains by not working them as much?

WayofLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try working them only once a week, it needs time to heal like everything else. best bet is you're working them while ure working other parts so u can even do them once every other week.

He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) He-man rules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Once a week. Twice at the most.
    Aol Instant Messanger:

glavitorian

MR.BIGpecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    every other day is good, thats wut i do. It works 4 me.
    your muscle can recover in 48 hours as long as you have a good diet.

NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    work them the same way working other muscles works for you. They aren't magical.
    weight training is the easiest thing to understand and the hardest to actually implement. - Dr. Ken Leistner

Miracles are attested, but what if they're instead some mix of charlantary, unfamiliar states of consciousness, misapprehensions of natural phenomena, and mental illness? No contemporary religion and no New Age belief seems to me to take sufficient account of the grandeur, magnificence, subtlety and intrcacy of the Universe revealed by science. The fact that so little of the findings of modern science is prefigured in Scripture to my mind casts further doubt on its divine inspiration. - Carl Sagan

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you're training them to get them to show, none, it's a wate of time

if you're training them to strengthen them then only once
    Booo

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by MR.BIGpecs
    O really mr. genius...and just what scientific evidence do you have to back this up with? Really...do tell.
    Peace

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by MR.BIGpecs

somebody needs to buy 'Amusclehead's Body Building Guide for the Average Person'. *coughh *hint-> YOU* *cough*
    Booo

Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    once or twice per week is more than enough.

take a look at pictures of my abs, I hardly ever do abs. Maybe like once every 2 weeks i'll fool around and do some leg raises. If your bodyfat is low enough even the most untrained muscles will look refined. training abs is just unneccessary nervous system stress that takes away time from squats.
    No one ever says, "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

twice weekly

I agree with HeMan-Rules once to twice a week, probably twice a week, they need to recover just like any other muscle,
    Darkhead

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It really does depend.
    If you're doing hardcore balls to the wall weighted exercises that make it hurt to sit down, then stay with once.
    If you're just doing standard crunches, then you'll get away with twice I think.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

popeye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do abs once a week and that feels just about right you dont want to overtrain its just another muscle it dosent help them show though but they will be nice and tight

KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KaOs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i work them out once or twice a week, nothing over that.
    "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction."

http://www.fitnesshealthtips.com