unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What are the best snacks before bed? carbs or protein?

Hello all: is it ok to eat apples before bed? or it is wiser to have cheese, tuna, turkey breast, or a snack with protein? I ask this because sometimes i feel real hungry like at 12 midnight right before i sleep, so i would eat a 1 apple or 2 but i don't know if apples before bed are not good because the fruit sugar would elevate insulin levels too much which increases fat storage. Do you think it's better to eat some meat, tuna or cheese?

unsoberx
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) depsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,
    i have the same problem aswell, i get mega munchies RIGHT before i goto bed. i think i read somewhere that carbs before bed mess with your GH so i think protein is the way to go, its what i have been doing anyways. i'd love to find out aswell.

HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best Prebed Snack/Meal: Mix of fat and protein

-protein to support muscles during your sleeping fast
    -fat to slow the digestion of the protein

Ex: Cottage cheese (either 2 or 4% or fatfree or 2 or 4% mixed with natty pb-depends on your goals)

There are many other combos but this seems like one of the most popular
    My Pimped out Cutting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6686331

w/MUSIC

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanx a lot my friends: I think tomorrow i will go to supermarket and buy some fat-free philadelphia cream cheese, fat-free or low fat cottage cheese, and fat free cheese, and some low fat turkey cold cuts

thanx

unsoberx

Originally Posted by HPLC View Post
    Best Prebed Snack/Meal: Mix of fat and protein

-protein to support muscles during your sleeping fast
    -fat to slow the digestion of the protein

Ex: Cottage cheese (either 2 or 4% or fatfree or 2 or 4% mixed with natty pb-depends on your goals)

There are many other combos but this seems like one of the most popular
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HPLC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Thanx a lot my friends: I think tomorrow i will go to supermarket and buy some fat-free philadelphia cream cheese, fat-free or low fat cottage cheese, and fat free cheese, and some low fat turkey cold cuts

thanx

unsoberx
    if your cutting im not sure about cream cheese...all the others go nuts with (in modertion of course)
    My Pimped out Cutting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6686331

w/MUSIC

Smile

Well, i really meant the fat-free cream cheese which is a lot lower in calories than the regular cream cheese :-)

unsoberx

Originally Posted by HPLC View Post
    if your cutting im not sure about cream cheese...all the others go nuts with (in modertion of course)

Well, i really meant the fat-free cream cheese which is a lot lower in calories than the regular cream cheese :-)

unsoberx
    may just be whenever i see the term cream cheese i think of a tim hortons bagel with an icecream scoop of cream cheese on it...great....now your making me want a bagel with a buttload a cream cheese...way to go

w/MUSIC

hhicks00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have a snack question. would peanut butter and crackers be ok before bed?

Originally Posted by hhicks00 View Post
    i have a snack question. would peanut butter and crackers be ok before bed?
    ok=yes
    ideal=no

ditch the crackers a just eat the spoon of natty pb if this is your only option (i personally dont like serious carbs before bed and crackers are serious carbs)
    -read the label of the crackers box to get a feel for what im saying (most are fried/high in sat fat, sodium ect)

w/MUSIC

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello all: is it ok to eat apples before bed? or it is wiser to have cheese, tuna, turkey breast, or a snack with protein? I ask this because sometimes i feel real hungry like at 12 midnight right before i sleep, so i would eat a 1 apple or 2 but i don't know if apples before bed are not good because the fruit sugar would elevate insulin levels too much which increases fat storage. Do you think it's better to eat some meat, tuna or cheese?

unsoberx
    Opt for protein.

Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...21&postcount=8

The long and short of it is that elevated blood sugar inhibits GH secretion which potentially reduces subsequent lipolysis the following morning.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protien = Great

Your body tends to run out of protein late at night so having some before bed, especially if its slow digesting, tends to offset muscular atrophy. Most people don't need to really worry about this though, but it's nice. As well, protein makes you feel full longer to combat cravings. Also your body needs it to make muscle and the night when you're sleeping is prime repair time. Give it what it needs.

Fat = Ok

Fats fill you up fast and make you feel satiated. You need to be careful not to overdo it because it's generally just calories. For me it usually comes along for the ride with protein unless it's natural peanut butter.

Carbs = Bad

A lot of carbs late at night will just be converted to energy and stored as fat. They also can spike your insulin and stop fat burning while you sleep. If you are going for carbs aim for complex carbs that digest slowly and won't spike your insulin too badly.

I will admit my normal bedtime snack is a spoonful of natural peanut butter and a giant gulp of skim milk. Far too many carbs, but eh.

For the 'fat free' cream cheese, I'd be careful. The full normal cream cheese is about 1350 calories a stick and the 'low fat' is a mere 1000 calories a stick. Actual fat free cream cheese is 400 a stick, but can do some funky things if you use it to cook.
    I wish my flab was emo so it'd cut itself.

carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbinejackson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get some chocolate ON Casein powder. It tastes and has the consistency of chocolate cake batter when mixed with water. It is also very filling.
    "I don't make excuses, I just reload."

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What has been helping for me lately... A small cup of Sugar Free Jello, and a Casein Bannana flavored protein shake...Just mix with water...No carbs...high protein plus...it curves my craving for some sweets

8===D~~~~ (.) (.) p0opstlnksal0t's Avatar
    p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    casein protein ftw
    MY PROGRESS PICS 330lbs-50%bf to 225lbs 19.5%bf
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2233281

Im Back!!! with progress pics... 330lbs to 230lbs.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2112301

Hi, well i have a lot of Kraft fat-free cheese at home which is 30 calories per slice, and 5 grams of protein per slice. I think it's real low in calorie and high in protein per calories. I think if i get hungry before sleep, i will eat 3 slices of that and some fat-free cream cheese

unsoberx

Originally Posted by jaytek80 View Post
    Protien = Great

Your body tends to run out of protein late at night so having some before bed, especially if its slow digesting, tends to offset muscular atrophy. Most people don't need to really worry about this though, but it's nice. As well, protein makes you feel full longer to combat cravings. Also your body needs it to make muscle and the night when you're sleeping is prime repair time. Give it what it needs.

Fat = Ok

Fats fill you up fast and make you feel satiated. You need to be careful not to overdo it because it's generally just calories. For me it usually comes along for the ride with protein unless it's natural peanut butter.

Carbs = Bad

A lot of carbs late at night will just be converted to energy and stored as fat. They also can spike your insulin and stop fat burning while you sleep. If you are going for carbs aim for complex carbs that digest slowly and won't spike your insulin too badly.

I will admit my normal bedtime snack is a spoonful of natural peanut butter and a giant gulp of skim milk. Far too many carbs, but eh.

For the 'fat free' cream cheese, I'd be careful. The full normal cream cheese is about 1350 calories a stick and the 'low fat' is a mere 1000 calories a stick. Actual fat free cream cheese is 400 a stick, but can do some funky things if you use it to cook.

JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50) JesseStylex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    DO YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED FOR A SNACK? if you are eating 5-6 good meals a day you shouldnt be hungry till the next morning after your last meal.