gumby0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Feel like crap after workout

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this but couldnt see anywhere else that suited...

I usually workout in the mornings for about 30-45mins then have breakfast and protein shake...

Then i jump in the car and go to work but on the way i feel like crap, like i have a head cold or something, i dont feel great like you'd expect after a good workout...

Any suggestions?

dyeguy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    probably a dumb question but you are trying to drink a lot of water too right?

I start drinking water on the way to work in the car not while working out and i drink max 2 L per day, if that...

I feel sorta dizzy like theres pressure in my head, its not all the time, other times i can work out and feel awesome i feel pumped and have energy....

strange stuff...

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Learn how to breathe and drink enough water. I drink more than 2L on my off days on the low scale... this doesn't even include the protein shakes I drink.

boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    it's more than likely got to do with what ur whole system is used to, try working out no earlier than 5pm and no later than 9pm the closer to 9pm u workout the better u'll feel, also if u haven't had a break in a while, have at least 2 weeks off and make sure ur getting QUALITY sleep.

Italyfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dehydration is probably the main problem here. But besides that, the weather can actually play a role in a sudden change like this. I've known plenty of people to have a rapid onset of headahces from changes in the weather. Since you're referring to a head cold it may apply to you as well. Continue drinking plenty of water and try to eat something before you workout. It's hard on your body to just wake up and roll right to the gym with nothing in your stomach.

xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Could be a multitude of different things.

1. Dehydration as others have said. Common sign of dehydration is that headache u speak of. Hydration starts the day/night before, and considering u work out regularly, u need to be hydrating every day all day.

2. Sleep is another factor. Assuming you go into work at 9, id assume you get into the gym no later then 7A.M which means ud have to wake up latest 6:30. If you waking up that early, you need to be sleepin by 10:30pm (which seems kinda unrealistic to me, but i also work out after work), to get your 8 hours.

3. Nutrition. Im not an advocate of early morning workouts, but if its the only option, you really gotta make sure u nail ur nutrition. After 8 hours of sleeping, your amino acid levels plummet as you have not been consuming protein; when you work out, your amino acid levels need to be at their highest to maintain an anabolic environment within your body. u gotta make sure u have at least a fast acting protein (pure whey) shake beforehand, and id advise u to double up the scoops. Taking it with water should be fine, but it needs to be consumed 30 minutes before workout. After your workout at least 8 egg whites with some oatmeal and of course some simple sugar. things like honey, grape juice, fruit, and even maple syrup or yogurt can work. That headache could also come from not enough sugar after a work out believe it or not.
    Last edited by xplicid01; 01-19-2008 at 01:21 PM.

So you guys are saying not to work out early?

Cause what i usually do is wake up at about 6am and since all my equipment is at home i start my workout at about 6.30am, and usually i eat and have a shake after my workout...

So working out at night is better? between 5-9pm? and is it better to have the protein shake before or after working out( i know this is much debated but opinions can help).

Also i usually get at least 8 hours sleep a night without fail i have a physically and mentally demanding job so i need my sleep during the week...

Thanks for the replies guys

dtruter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

are you skinny?

disclaimer:not a doctor, never had this before

I have a skinny friend (I'm naturally shorter and tend towards fat) who feels ill after/during workouts if he hasn't eaten beforehand. Is that what you meant by 'feeling like crap'?

he used to do martial arts with me and not work out. he came to gym with me once when I'd been going for a long time, and did my workout with me. We had to cut our workout short when the gym closed early, but that was more than enough for him, he was ill afterwards. If you have a milder version of what he has, then eating beforehand helps apparently. It's some ... thing that you can look up.

0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0nep0int8turb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had the same thing.
    just eat a realllllly small meal before you head to the gym, and it'll digest by the time you get there.
    i'd say 4 egg whites and a whole egg scrabled with pam on a non-stick pan.
    then 100% whole wheat bread. and lots of water..

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gumby0000 View Post
    So you guys are saying not to work out early?

Cause what i usually do is wake up at about 6am and since all my equipment is at home i start my workout at about 6.30am, and usually i eat and have a shake after my workout...

So working out at night is better? between 5-9pm? and is it better to have the protein shake before or after working out( i know this is much debated but opinions can help).

Also i usually get at least 8 hours sleep a night without fail i have a physically and mentally demanding job so i need my sleep during the week...

Thanks for the replies guys
    What kind of protein shake are you consuming?
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozziboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try eating before you work out, or having a shake. Think about it, after your 8/9/10 hours sleep, your body is usually in need of sustanance. By working out you further deplete your already depleted energy levels.
    Ffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Canucktank - my shake is generally about a cup of milk, scoop of whey protein, 1 or 2 bananas and recently been adding a bit of yoghurt (non fat)...

DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTB-DK-LIFTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could be many different things, Like everyone is saying here. Sleep, Nutririton, dieting, stress, over trainng........... You should evaluate when exactly this problem occured, try and remember what your diet was like and your training,sleep patterns. There could also be something with your personal life thats causing you stress. I find it very concerning when someone says that they feel sick after working out, usaully one feels an amazement of self dignity---basically natural high.... I have had what ur talking about as well, but it rarely happens. Usually it's from lack of proper nutrition, or lack of sleep, and or over training..... Good luck and definetly get to bottom of this.....
    Full Blooded Viking

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gumby0000 View Post
    Canucktank - my shake is generally about a cup of milk, scoop of whey protein, 1 or 2 bananas and recently been adding a bit of yoghurt (non fat)...
    What brand of whey protein?
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.