Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does microwaving food destroy the nutrients?

I hear varying opinions on this. Some say it does, but for example, this article says the opposite:

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Microw...d-Vitamins.htm

I'm a bit confused as to what's what. Anybody have any input on this?

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Baby_Hulk View Post
    I hear varying opinions on this. Some say it does, but for example, this article says the opposite:

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Microw...d-Vitamins.htm

I'm a bit confused as to what's what. Anybody have any input on this?
    there is a huge thread on this...i just bumped it, so it should be close, if not on, the first page...have a read.............

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I try to avoid microwaving food whenever possible, it damages a lot of parts of food.

Not to say I don't use it, because it's super convenient, but I try to avoid it.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    I try to avoid microwaving food whenever possible, it damages a lot of parts of food.

Not to say I don't use it, because it's super convenient, but I try to avoid it.
    you're better off microwaving than you are any other method of cooking, actually. why do people think it does so much damage? i mean, think about it literally, all it does is vibrate the food to heat it. if i shook your chicken breast at a fast enough rate that it started to heat up and cook, you think i would be shaking out the nutrients, too?

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by k9nacl View Post
    if i shook your chicken breast at a fast enough rate that it started to heat up and cook, you think i would be shaking out the nutrients, too?
    hehehe cool visual

you're right, too. that's all heat is doing...speeding up the particles. whether you bake, broil, fry, or grill, that's what's happening. if you boil it, the nutrients are lost in the water. if you fry it, it absorbs the oils. if you broil it, you get the "carcinogens" from the burnt bits. i'm sure there are plenty of disadvantages to every type of cooking, but heat speeding the particles vibrations is what cooks the food. yes, it denatures the protein. no, that doesn't matter.

Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Hulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It denatures the protein? What does that mean? Is there someplace I could read about that and how it affects muscle building?

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Baby_Hulk View Post
    It denatures the protein? What does that mean? Is there someplace I could read about that and how it affects muscle building?
    Denaturing just means it changes the shape of the molecule. It doesn't affect muscle building at all.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)