Thread: Voodoo floss

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Voodoo floss

I picked up a couple rolls this week. For the old pros in here that have been using this do you have any tips for use.

I am wrapping knees, elbow, etc.

I have watched tutorials on it on YouTube, and rogue. I know how to wrap.

I guess the thing I am confused on is how long do you leave yourself wrapped, exercises you might do while wrapped on different spots etc. I know you don't lift while wrapped.

Any feedback from people here who use it regularly or resources you have found that you like I would appreciate it.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The usefulness I've found with the floss is lifting while wrapped. For example I'll wrap my hamstrings with the tightness concentrated on the back rather than the front of my leg and do squat reps at about 50% of my 1rm. I do the same while wrapped under, over my knees.

Here is a warmup set of squats from Jan this year using the floss on my hamstrings. It's only 225 but the pause in the whole with the floss helps me work out any "kinks" I have in the hammys.

http://youtu.be/QPgqEgoAHis
    Last edited by Jtbny; 07-04-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's interesting, do you wrap it the same tightness while lifting as you do with non lifting? Or is this something you typically only use while lifting lighter weight?

The couple vids I have seen are much more wrap, do some body weight squats, or do some curls and pushing pulling of the joints etc.

Thanks for the explanation and vid. Nice music and dance moves man. Haha

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    That's interesting, do you wrap it the same tightness while lifting as you do with non lifting? Or is this something you typically only use while lifting lighter weight?

The couple vids I have seen are much more wrap, do some body weight squats, or do some curls and pushing pulling of the joints etc.

Thanks for the explanation and vid. Nice music and dance moves man. Haha
    I haven't used the floss for anything other than under a load of some sort. I wrap tight enough to get into the area I want to but not like knee wrap tight. The nice thing about the floss is you can wrap loosely on one side while pulling tight on the particular area of focus.

I also use the floss for hammys on deadlifts and have found it useful. Again nothing more than 315 or so but I really focus on the movement to work the floss in. Rdl as well, in fact rdl with the floss is far superior to hit the area than squats and deads IMO.

I say play around with them and see what you find out.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Thanks again. That's the plan for tomorrow, I am headed in to the gym to do some mobility work and I am going to put it through the paces and see how it works.

I will post back here what I find out. I am sure it is going to be a work in progress.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Shane, I use them pretty much everytime I squat in my warmup. I get patellar femoral pain and wrap both my knees and do bw squats before I begin my workout. I haven't done them under a load but imagine it would work well like John said. I bought them solely to relieve patellar tendon discomfort and using them on the knees beforehand always does the trick for me.
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Thanks Raynerd. You guys are both on spred so I will get you back when I can. I am going to see how they work tomorrow when I hit the gym.

This morning while my better half is gone to the gym doing her spin class and the boy was down for his morning nap I thought I would put this through the paces.

I wrapped my crappy knee first above the calf right below the knee cap. Did some body weight squats. Then I wrapped above the knee and did more. Then I wrapped around the knee, leaving the knee cap exposed and did more.

I was surprised at how well this works. My knee feels great. It is typically very "clicky" and pops a lot and the clicks are gone and very little popping after using this.

Now to hit the gym and play around some more, next up is left bicep with some light curls.

Going to wrap the hammies as well JT, that sounds like a great area that would really help me as well. My hamstrings stay tight, so this should help with those as well. So thanks for the idea on that as well.

Anyone on the fence about getting this, I would definitely give it a try. The verdict is still out for me as to lifting after using, but I will test that tomorrow. Right now I am excited though, as it seems to of helped my knee tenderness a lot.
    Last edited by shaneinga; 07-05-2015 at 07:13 AM.

I put some weighted work in today doing light RDLs with the hammies wrapped up. Worked great. Wrapping your hammies in the gym is about the hardest part of the job, a little awkward but it is worth it.

I tried some work with my left bicep, I really have found no relief with it to this point using the floss. I will keep working it though.

I put some weighted work in today doing light RDLs with the hammies wrapped up. Worked great. Wrapping your hammies in the gym is about the hardest part of the job, a little awkward but it is worth it.

I tried some work with my left bicep, I really have found no relief with it to this point using the floss. I will keep working it though.
    That's great!
    ☻/
    /▌

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    That's great!
    Yeah man, thanks for the advice. Between those and some stretching I would say I alleviated about 70 percent of the tightness in my hammies today. The more I use it the better I will get with it. It is definitely a staple in the gym bag now. Going to wrap up on my warm up squat sets tomorrow to see how it goes.

Warmed up today on squats wrapped up just below the knees. I pulled my rehabands over the top of the floss and did some warm ups with my warm up weight. Pulled the floss off, pulled the rehbands back up and went to work. Knees feel great, now if I could only figure out a way to wrap my right hip. Haha.

All in all, this was a great purchase. I am glad I finally pulled the trigger on them.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Shane, did you ever have any luck with the voodoo floss for your biceps? Anybody else?
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Shane, did you ever have any luck with the voodoo floss for your biceps? Anybody else?
    No, I ended up buying a Mark Bell compression cuff.

Voodoo floss would probably do the same thing, but the compression cuff I wear through my workout and don't need to adjust it. And it is overall more convenient to use.

It would depend upon where your bicep issue is. Mine is tendon that attaches the bicep to the forearm so to speak. So I wear my compressing cuff just below my elbow, with part of it actually on my elbow.