Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    I Crossfit-ted them. Best program out there for military or general athletes.
    Fitting for crossdressing?

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by UtahRocks View Post
    You liposucked them?
    This isn't personal training vs. some dude using wikipedia.

This is one opinion vs. another. I actually use both conventional core training with new style core training.

You are saying one or the other... and pick the one YOU like..... kind of short sighted....
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    did you or did you not call my process into questioning because I'm a "kid"? read it.

2nd, being "mature" is one thing, but seriously, who uses "pwn" after 30????

3rd 405 squat done 90 degree bend, who says atg= ONLY way to squat?
    1st-kid isn't a derogatory word when someone old enough to have laid your momma is speaking to you.

2nd-thats lame but ok, owned.

3rd-i didn't say anything about your e-stats retard.

im assuming somewhere in your illustrious teachings you missed human interaction class, what with how you debate with people here and all.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    1st-kid isn't a derogatory word when someone old enough to have laid your momma is speaking to you.

2nd-thats lame but ok, owned.

3rd-i didn't say anything about your e-stats retard.

im assuming somewhere in your illustrious teachings you missed human interaction class, what with how you debate with people here and all.
    you know if you were to be here right now I would rip your jaw offbecause of that first statement right?

But seeing as though you're NOT here and just some dude being "e-tuff"....I will let that go.

I was also addressing someone else, but could care less to know how to quote multiple people.

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you know if you were to be here right now I would rip your jaw offbecause of that first statement right?

But seeing as though you're NOT here and just some dude being "e-tuff"....I will let that go.
    lol
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I saw this page gained a couple pages. Thought maybe it actually started a good discussion.

Boy was I wrong.
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7073471

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wow strong contradiction
    Return of the Mack?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by knowles.ja View Post
    lol
    Originally Posted by Bluntdogg View Post
    Wow strong contradiction
    And here I thought I was the first one to see the irony in his post
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know what? People look at me doing **** like this all the time, but 90% look like ****, and the other 10% still look like **** but are willing to try.
    ahahahahahaah

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    actually, doing dumbell bench on a swiss ball absolutely ups your bb bench.
    Proof?

Here is counter evidence:

http://www.dynamic-med.com/content/4/1/6

http://apt.allenpress.com/perlserv/?....0.CO%3B2&ct=1

Forces better eccentric motion and slows concentric motion= more mitochondrial growth= more strength.
    You are capable of lowering about 40% more than you can raise. On a bosu ball, you are not stressing the prime movers intensely, even in a CONCENTRIC motion, due to lower potential force output. How is ESPECIALLY NOT overloading a particular quality going to specifically train for that quality? It would be like saying that doing the lower range of the bench press is a great way to train lock-outs.

A slower concentric motion is counter to power development.

And mitochondrial growth has to do with muscular endurance. It has NOTHING to do with 1rm strength.

Running on ice isn't going to make you a good sprinter.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you mean couldn't care less

If you could care less, then you care

(no jaw rip)
    Who was this love of yours?

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    We paid for a certification, not an edimikation.
    Aren't you still in high school and 16 years old? I thought it was already proven in another thread that you were and have no certification.

Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ONE PIECE
    "Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and constant self-awareness. The path to such success is punctuated by failure, consolidation and renewed effort. Personal reconstruction is art." - MFT

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    you mean couldn't care less

If you could care less, then you care

(no jaw rip)
    its a good thing you're not there and are just some dude being e-tuff... hell let that go.

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Proof?

Here is counter evidence:

http://www.dynamic-med.com/content/4/1/6

http://apt.allenpress.com/perlserv/?....0.CO%3B2&ct=1

You are capable of lowering about 40% more than you can raise. On a bosu ball, you are not stressing the prime movers intensely, even in a CONCENTRIC motion, due to lower potential force output. How is ESPECIALLY NOT overloading a particular quality going to specifically train for that quality? It would be like saying that doing the lower range of the bench press is a great way to train lock-outs.

A slower concentric motion is counter to power development.

And mitochondrial growth has to do with muscular endurance. It has NOTHING to do with 1rm strength.

Running on ice isn't going to make you a good sprinter.
    the first study was based on trunk muscles, NOT chest muscles.... read the table *2* nothing sited.

2 study says "Greater EMG activity was detected with concentric vs. eccentric or isometric contractions." this in response to swiss vs. stable surface...

3..slower concentric motions is ONE way to increase muscular endurance.... and what did we say happens when we increase muscular endurance.?

mitochondria....and we know what THEY do...

how is tilting back and forth not instantly stess the prime movers in the squat?

Though you are smart defiant, I do notice how you kind of go off topic.

No one was talking about performing 1rm whilst doing these exercises. Yes we were talking about overall power (somehow).... but that can be trained doing multiple reps. If you disagree, then there would be no one doing 6-10 rep sets at all.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question

Should I try doing squats while wearing roller skates to increase my core strength and balance?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    how is tilting back and forth not instantly stess the prime movers in the squat?

Though you are smart defiant, I do notice how you kind of go off topic.

No one was talking about performing 1rm whilst doing these exercises. Yes we were talking about overall power (somehow).... but that can be trained doing multiple reps. If you disagree, then there would be no one doing 6-10 rep sets at all.
    Yikes, you need to just quit while youre not too far behind here bud.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Originally Posted by crazygerman View Post
    Yikes, you need to just quit while youre not too far behind here bud.
    so you disagree that 6-10 reps promote strength?

you sure?

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    Should I try doing squats while wearing roller skates to increase my core strength and balance?
    yes, but only up hill, down doesn't give full rom. (no jaw rip)

Marcus Garvey

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

so you disagree that 6-10 reps promote strength?

you sure?
    WTF?

Where in my post did I say anything remotely like that...? But now that you mention it, yes, I do "disagree" because that statement would be a generalization.

People like YOU are the reason why I have "BB.com = idiots + anecdotes" under my username.
    Last edited by crazygerman; 01-18-2008 at 12:10 PM.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

I heard you are just some dude being "e-tuff". Is this true? Maybe I shouldn't trust you.

your kid is ugly... I should rip it's jaw off....

Laughs like Santa Clause Gordon Bombay's Avatar
    Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000) Gordon Bombay is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think that I'm the only one that ever does deadlifts at my school gym...seen about half a dozen ppl do squats on the rack and smith machine tho :/
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring."
    -Sagan

DFW Crew
    Mad Text Game Crew

you need to calm down buddy. insult me all you like, but if you continue to threaten me or my grandson with bodily harm, joking or not, i will be speaking to the authorities.

Marcus Garvey

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

stop acting like such a douche
    Who was this love of yours?

Thumbs down

Not cool man. Joke and debate all you want, but leave the those kind of comments out.

and what's with the "rip your jaw off" garbage, tough guy?

wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10) wildtacos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    omg I haven't laughed so hard since i seen the strange wilderness commercial lol

nice body btw (no homo) really is inspirational

BB parrot says!

1-5 reps = strength training ( mostly nervous system stimulation little hypertrophy(in general)) 85% < of 1 RM

6-8 Reps = functional hypertrophy ( combo of NS & hypertrophy(metabolic response). Used extensively in sport oriented training programs as well as BB'ing. 79%-89% of 1RM

9-12 reps = hypertrophy (metabolic response = size & not a lot of strength gains). 70-78% of 1RM

13+ reps = Strength Endurance 69%> of 1RM

sry i wish i knew the name of who posted it but i don't

not my work

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the first study was based on trunk muscles, NOT chest muscles.... read the table *2* nothing sited.
    obviously, if there is no significant difference in the STABILIZERS, then how is it going to benefit the prime movers?

2 study says "Greater EMG activity was detected with concentric vs. eccentric or isometric contractions." this in response to swiss vs. stable surface...
    That is in the context of compared to the previously mentioned DIMINISHED output.

Look at the conclusion:

The diminished force output suggests that the overload stresses required for strength training necessitate the inclusion of resistance training on stable surfaces.

3..slower concentric motions is ONE way to increase muscular endurance.... and what did we say happens when we increase muscular endurance.?

mitochondria....and we know what THEY do...
    Yes,

They don't increase strength.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.