klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help needed with Cut!

Hi all,

I need advice for cutting. I've been reading some of the threads on here regarding cutting diets but I am still to find something that will fit in with what my requirements are. So I decided to create a thread to hear what advice some of you pro's out there know

To give you all a backround of where I've come from. I was an under-developed 77kg (165p) 23yr old and I decided I needed to get myself into shape. I started going to the gym about 8months ago on the rippetoes strength program. I managed to put on 10kg (22p) since then and I've made some solid gains. My bodyfat when I first started was 11% and I basically had no chest. Now my bodyfat is about 14-15% and my chest has developed 10fold from what it was.

My Goal for is to get to 7% bodyfat ripped at the start of July. But I haven't found many things that will fit in with what my requirements are. As I will be playing rugby when winter comes around in late September and will also need to do a bit of cardio fitness such as running.

One of my thoughts is that I'd do weight training 4 days a week doing full body workouts with strong compound movements E.G. Deadlifts, Squats, Clean and press, pullups, Bench. and on my alternate days I'd go running for a max of 45min.

And for my diet I'd be maintaining 1-1.5g protein per pound of body weight, lots of fish. Limit carbs to breakfast only (oatmeal) No carbs in the evening (pre workout only) and as for running, I'd run first thing in the morning with a couple of glasses of water to speed up my motabilism (correct me if I am wrong)

For supplements I was just going to take Creatine and glutamine. I get BCAA's in my protein powder.
    To train like a horse you must eat like one!

BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by klen View Post
    Hi all,

I need advice for cutting. I've been reading some of the threads on here regarding cutting diets but I am still to find something that will fit in with what my requirements are. So I decided to create a thread to hear what advice some of you pro's out there know

To give you all a backround of where I've come from. I was an under-developed 77kg (165p) 23yr old and I decided I needed to get myself into shape. I started going to the gym about 8months ago on the rippetoes strength program. I managed to put on 10kg (22p) since then and I've made some solid gains. My bodyfat when I first started was 11% and I basically had no chest. Now my bodyfat is about 14-15% and my chest has developed 10fold from what it was.

My Goal for is to get to 7% bodyfat ripped at the start of July. But I haven't found many things that will fit in with what my requirements are. As I will be playing rugby when winter comes around in late September and will also need to do a bit of cardio fitness such as running.

One of my thoughts is that I'd do weight training 4 days a week doing full body workouts with strong compound movements E.G. Deadlifts, Squats, Clean and press, pullups, Bench. and on my alternate days I'd go running for a max of 45min.

And for my diet I'd be maintaining 1-1.5g protein per pound of body weight, lots of fish. Limit carbs to breakfast only (oatmeal) No carbs in the evening (pre workout only) and as for running, I'd run first thing in the morning with a couple of glasses of water to speed up my motabilism (correct me if I am wrong)

For supplements I was just going to take Creatine and glutamine. I get BCAA's in my protein powder.
    Well 22lbs is pretty damn good for gaining. As far as cutting goes, diet and cardio will take you to where you need to be. Now, as far as getting to 7% and maintaining that, thats going to take some work. Getting to 7% shouldn't be EXTREMELY difficult, but maintaining that will require consistantly eating clean. Remember, anything you do is going to be 50% nutrition, 40% consistency and 10% effort (IE. Lifting, cardio etc..) What i have found to be very effective, personally, is carb cycling. ( good example would be 150,100,50 grams per day, and rotating these throughout the week.) Now, everyones body responds differently to carbs, some are very sensitive while the lucky few metabolize carbs extremely efficiently. I would start hitting cardio in the AM, on an empty stomach 5-7x a week. Just be very careful that you dont over train in the morning, doing so will result in losing some lean mass as well as the fatty tissue. LOTS of fish, chik breast, lean ground turkey and tons of green vegies. Remember, its going to take alot of time, alot of hard work and some serious dedication to get there but its a do-able goal.

klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10) klen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've read up on high, mid, low carb cycles. I think that does sound like a potential diet for the track I'm going down. Thanks

I'm not overly fussed about keeping at 7% for long. It's my vanity that's making me wanna get to that as I'm going to the south of France in Summer . I may change my mind once I get that ripped haha, but I intend to do another bulk during the winter for rugby season again to add more mass and cycle again for next summer

Thanks for the advice.

Bump

Anyone else with any suggestions?

I'm on my second day and I can feel the lack of energy levels already. Does it take a bit of getting used to with the increased cardio and the lack of carbs?

Here's an example of my workout and food on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday:

Meal 1: 1xprotein shake (30g protein) in water and a banana

Meal 2: 100g sliced ham (25g protein), mandarin

meal 3: 130g grilled chicken. 1xbanana and 1xmandarin

meal 4: Protein shake with milk

Preworkout meal: Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (rye bread with mayo)
    26g protein
    40g carb
    10g fat

Post workout meail: Protein bar (25g protein)

Meal 7: 200g rump steak and 1.5cups of steamed brocolli and carrots.

Workout: Chest and triceps

Cable flyes. 5 sets (8-10 reps)
    Incline DB press 4 sets (8-10 reps)
    DB flat bench 4 sets (8-10 reps)

Standing tricep extensions 3 sets (8-10)
    Skullcrushers 3 sets (8-10)

Tuesday.

Woke up and had 2 glasses of water. Then did the following on an empty stomach:

3 sets of weighted declined crunches (10-12)
    3 sets of cable crunches(10-12)
    3 sets of let raises (10-12)
    15min run on an empty stomach.

Post workout meal: 1 bowl of cooked oatmeal with about 40g protein from whey.

BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by klen View Post
    I'm on my second day and I can feel the lack of energy levels already. Does it take a bit of getting used to with the increased cardio and the lack of carbs?

Here's an example of my workout and food on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday:

Meal 1: 1xprotein shake (30g protein) in water and a banana

meal 4: Protein shake with milk

Preworkout meal: Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (rye bread with mayo)
    26g protein
    40g carb
    10g fat

Post workout meail: Protein bar (25g protein)

Meal 7: 200g rump steak and 1.5cups of steamed brocolli and carrots.

Workout: Chest and triceps

Cable flyes. 5 sets (8-10 reps)
    Incline DB press 4 sets (8-10 reps)
    DB flat bench 4 sets (8-10 reps)

Standing tricep extensions 3 sets (8-10)
    Skullcrushers 3 sets (8-10)

Tuesday.

Woke up and had 2 glasses of water. Then did the following on an empty stomach:

3 sets of weighted declined crunches (10-12)
    3 sets of cable crunches(10-12)
    3 sets of let raises (10-12)
    15min run on an empty stomach.

Post workout meal: 1 bowl of cooked oatmeal with about 40g protein from whey.

Well bro, to be honest, everyone reacts differently to carbs. I know when im dieting down for a competition, i am ALWAYS tired and lose a bunch of strength through out the 14 weeks of cutting down. Some do, some don't; all depends on how your body metabolizes carbs. Also, PWO, you need some carbs!!!! I had the majority of my carbs pre and post workout.

MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i feel ya bro