gainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alternatives to sit ups?

I need to find an alternative to doing sit ups (ab crunches).

My lung collapsed 5 years ago (It sounds much worse than it really was). After a couple of hitches it healed up great and I was told I can do anything but skydive, but lately I noticed a tiny shortness of breath and slight pain around my chest after doing sit ups. So I haven't done any sit ups in over a week and I am feeling great again. I only get this pain after doing some sit ups so I started to think by doing sit ups I am probably putting a lot of pressure on my lungs, not the kind of pressure that would be put on them when running, more of an unneccessary pressure because when you do sit ups you are kind of bending the chest, if you know what I mean. So I have decided it would probably be best to stop doing sit ups from now on. What would be a good alternative to sit ups?

Thanks

rx8man88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rx8man88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rx8man88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know how much your lungs can take, but there is an ab workout where you lay down on the ground, and hold a partners leg. Then yuo start with your legs in the air, then the partner pushes them down. Its like leg lifts with extra force with the partner pushing your legs down.
    17 years old
    5'10''
    150lbs
    bench-200
    curl-100
    military-150

~~~~ Lover/Fighter ~~~~ dragon*princess's Avatar
    dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here you go, you may want to try these two.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...ying+Leg+Raise

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...?Name=Butt-Ups

Or...choose from this long list of Ab exercises until you find something that works for you.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...cle=Abdominals

xoxo xoxo

I wanna transform my body falloutpat's Avatar
    falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yup you can do leg lifts .. focus a bit more on the lower part first?

How about crunches on the medicine ball?

My lungs are about 99% of what they should be. I was told to be wary of putting unneccessary pressure on them, just in case it causes another collapse. It just happened out of the blue, not to frighten any of you but it can happen to anyone, mainly tall thin males which I was at the time.

Thanks for the advice.

Would swimming do anything for my abs?

Dragon, I just checked you sig. You look really amazing. Keep up the great work. You have a fantastic ass. I mean that as a compliment, not as perving male trying to hit on you.
    Last edited by gainz; 01-07-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Lampen69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dunno man if u have decent abs already i say stop training them..i stopped and the things i do on ab day(pecs and tris) now grow better since im not doing abs anymore and my abs are getting better too ..just flex ur abs hard when doing other lifts

Theres a tiny layer of flab around my abs, but I can feel and see the definition coming through over the past few months. The rest of my body is coming on amazingly but it would be a shame to neglect my abs, so I was hoping for a better alternative.

~~~~ Lover/Fighter ~~~~ dragon*princess's Avatar
    dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Swimming is great and it really hits the obliques and lower abs better than crunches.
    But if you want your Abs to show…(depending on your weight and Body fat) diet may be the best remedy.

Thanks for the compliment.

xoxo xoxo

I'm 6'6 and 210lbs. I could probably lose 5lbs or turn that into muscle.