Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dehydration: Blood Test Results

Just had some blood work done, and the results indicated dehydration, albeit not significant enough for hospitalization. My symptoms are light headedness at times, stiffness, and edema. As far as my diet is concerned, what is the most efficient, quick way to re-hydrate? How much water should I be taking in to flush myself out? Currently my urination is extremely low even with my own efforts to push my water intake to 1-1.5g water. I'd like to drop this water weight as quickly as possible, obviously. I use to be able to manipulate my body water content at a whim, but I'm now not exactly sure what I have to do to re-hydrate, as nothing seems to be working. I'm also positive that I don't have any underlying problems like organ failure of any kind. I'd appreciate some suggestions and any other comments you people can provide.

lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you should be getting at LEAST 64 oz. of water a day, and more if you drink caffeine (it dehydrates you).
    eat lots of fruits and veggies. they have water in them....and if youre already dehydrated, id cut out all caffeine and have more than 64 oz a day till you regulate you hydration...and eat bananas, drnking a lot of water might hurt your electrolyte/potassium levels.
    theres a brand of water that i know is available at trader joes or othe health food stores called Smartwater and it has electrolytes in it.
    hope this helps.

r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you pee clear, is it still possible to be dehydrated? Or is clear urine a sign of good hydration ?

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wanted to say I also had a problem with dehydration. My symptoms were: extreme lightheadedness, blackouts, dizzy when standing up, very low blood pressure. I was drinking about 1 gal of water at the time and NEVER did dehydration cross my mind. However, I went to the doctor and had a blood test done that showed I was dehydrated. I eat fairly low carb, high protein and workout hard. All of these things add up to loss of water so I upped my water intake to 1 1/2 gals a day and I'm feeling great. It's been a few months now and I don't have any symptoms and was even able to donate blood for the first time in years. I also increased my salt intake slightly by salting my food with sea salt.

r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    Just wanted to say I also had a problem with dehydration. My symptoms were: extreme lightheadedness, blackouts, dizzy when standing up, very low blood pressure. I was drinking about 1 gal of water at the time and NEVER did dehydration cross my mind. However, I went to the doctor and had a blood test done that showed I was dehydrated. I eat fairly low carb, high protein and workout hard. All of these things add up to loss of water so I upped my water intake to 1 1/2 gals a day and I'm feeling great. It's been a few months now and I don't have any symptoms and was even able to donate blood for the first time in years. I also increased my salt intake slightly by salting my food with sea salt.
    Damn dehydrated on 1 gal a day? I thought 1 gal was more then enough

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you think you're dehydrated on 1.5 gal (7 litres) per day, see your doctor. Here's something strange about your electrolyte balance, are you getting enough potassium/sodium.

Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the answers, guys. How much sodium would you recommend, Greg?
    And yes, a lot of the time I can urinate clear, but in very small quantities. Urine color isn't always the best indicator of hydration status.

Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    Did you ever have any problems with edema? If so, how long did it take for you to start managing the bloat? My edema was so bad this summer that I had to put my felt up to alleviate the swelling. It's certainly not like that anymore, but I still have significant bloat in my glutes, for example. How long will it take for my urination to regulate and the bloat to go down?
    Last edited by Cold_As_Ice; 01-08-2006 at 05:09 AM.