scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Unhappy Pop Your Ears Question - ear infection

I got an ear infection somehow last week and it's been with me. My ears are both plugged up and i can hear but its irritating. Went to the doctor and he cleaned them out with peroxide and water but didnt make a difference. He then found an infection in my right eat and gave me some antibiotics.

My question is pop your ears? When you pinch your nose and try and blow out, how hard do you blow? Do your ears actually suppose to pop or what? I feel like i'll blow an ear drum if i blow to hard. I'll pinch my nose and blow, but just when it plugs up i release and i'll get a little clearing but back to plugged again.

DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongleMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not really the right forum for this, but I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Just take the antibiotics they prescribed you, most likely Amoxicillin or a generic form of Amoxil?

Pink chewables? Or Pink liquid?

Take it as prescribed, and just let the medicine do its job. Contact your doctor about "popping" your ears. I wouldn't do it though. SOunds like you can really screw up your hearing that way.

Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dam0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scrilla
    I got an ear infection somehow last week and it's been with me. My ears are both plugged up and i can hear but its irritating. Went to the doctor and he cleaned them out with peroxide and water but didnt make a difference. He then found an infection in my right eat and gave me some antibiotics.

My question is pop your ears? When you pinch your nose and try and blow out, how hard do you blow? Do your ears actually suppose to pop or what? I feel like i'll blow an ear drum if i blow to hard. I'll pinch my nose and blow, but just when it plugs up i release and i'll get a little clearing but back to plugged again.
    Im not sure what this has to do with bodybuilding, or bodybuilding workouts but here goes...

I am a scuba diver and these problems are common. Don't blow to hard, you will actually blow your ear drum - dont do it! It sounds like you have an ear infection and you will not get your hearing back until it has healed fully (no matter how much blowing you do!).

Sixbells99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Danm0 is right your ear has not healed yet and blowing could stop the healing process. I had a really bad ear infection, so bad I needed antibiotic injections daily for a week to cure it. Even then after the infection was gone it took about 3 months before my hearing went fully back to normal and I no longer suffered any pain in it.

My advise would be take the antibiotics and see how things go. Ear infections can be particularly stubbon and if they are just your standard strength antibiotics they may not work. But your doctor will be the best judge of that and he can up them if he starts to see they are not having an effect. But it's very important that you don't put ANYTHING in your ear to clean out the wax or put any pressure on it like blowing with your nose pinched. That can cause long term damage if you still have the infection.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Popping your ears opens your eustacian tubes (connection between throat and middle ear space).

If you have an ear infection (middle ear infection), popping your ears won't do any good. It will force more air and perhaps mucous up into your middle ear and result in discomfort, not relief.

Take your meds, if those don't work after a few weeks you should see and ear-nose-throat doctor and ask about pressure equalization tubes, which are small drainage tubes put into the ear drum to allow the pressure to equalize and the fluid to drain.