psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Need to get myself right!!

hello all,

been while since Ive posted. For the last year and a half, Ive completely had a major lack of discipline regarding my diet. **cough** MRPB I need to get myself right, but Im having a few issues.

1. IIFYM I feel gives me too much freedom to choose what I eat. Sure have a cinnamon roll, but you know how that goes if Im saying I have a major lack of discipline. I have been doing this stuff for a long time and Ive always had a structured diet eating the same things every day which brings me to.....

2. Now that Ive been eating freely, how do i get myself back on a structured plan? I have no problem adding variety into the structured plan, but where can I get my discipline back?

I know you guys might say, "well, you dont want it bad enough so get your fat butt in check!" In a sense your right, but at the same time I train like a mad man. I need both sides of the equation thats why Im asking for help.

Here are 2 ideas I have maybe someone can suggest something else or add too.

1. My fat loss begins at about 2700, this is a 250 cal deficit, I know, very small fat loss, but maybe subtract 250 cals every 2 weeks or so untill I get down to where I shouldnt go any lower using IIFYM

2. Go with a different structured meal plan for every day of the week or maybe 3-4 different plan and just rotate.

any ideas, suggestions or add ons?

I know guys if I can strip this bodyfat Im gonna be real happy with my physique, that in its self should be motivation enough!!

sorry sorry sorry for the long read

EDIT: I forgot to tell that one of my problems has been diet burn out. Almost 19 years in the game with 15.5 years of always being on a strict diet even when trying to add muscle. I can give a sample meal if you want lol

jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IIFYM isn't about eating Cinnamon rolls, it's about having the freedom to be able to fit them in within the context. If eating one causes you to slip, either improve your discipline or don't eat them! You don't have to live off pop tarts on the IIFYM principle, many seem to get washed up on this.

Hit 0.8g of Protein and 0.45g of fats per lb of bodyweight and fill the rest of your calories with any macro combination to hit your calorie goals. If you comprise your diet of mainly whole foods, your micro nutrients should be in check, too - which is excellent for overall health, as well as hitting adequate fibre requirements.

Whether you do this eating Chicken, Brocolli and Rice or Pop Tarts & Peanut Butter really doesn't matter, so if you'd rather have a more restricted diet; kind of defeats the object of the IIFYM principle, do it. Hit your macros, micros and calories and enjoy.

250 cal deficit sounds fine, it's better to start off with a smaller deficit I find, as it stops you going mental. If you're losing on a smaller deficit and can prolong it, go for it. If you stall, cut an extra 100 cals.

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jampottt View Post
    IIFYM isn't about eating Cinnamon rolls, it's about having the freedom to be able to fit them in within the context. If eating one causes you to slip, either improve your discipline or don't eat them! You don't have to live off pop tarts on the IIFYM principle, many seem to get washed up on this.

Hit 0.8g of Protein and 0.45g of fats per lb of bodyweight and fill the rest of your calories with any macro combination to hit your calorie goals. If you comprise your diet of mainly whole foods, your micro nutrients should be in check, too - which is excellent for overall health, as well as hitting adequate fibre requirements.

Whether you do this eating Chicken, Brocolli and Rice or Pop Tarts & Peanut Butter really doesn't matter, so if you'd rather have a more restricted diet; kind of defeats the object of the IIFYM principle, do it. Hit your macros, micros and calories and enjoy.

250 cal deficit sounds fine, it's better to start off with a smaller deficit I find, as it stops you going mental. If you're losing on a smaller deficit and can prolong it, go for it. If you stall, cut an extra 100 cals.
    Thanks man.....the cinnamon rolls were just an analogy lol I guess what i will do is just make up 3-4 different structured plans and see what happens

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you like eating clean there's nothing wrong with that. I remember that you enjoyed a diet with a lot of meat and vegetables.

Also, since the slow and steady approach doesn't really seem to have worked for you, you could consider doing a more radical approach, like a PSMF. Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss. Shed a lot of fat in 2-3 weeks.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    If you like eating clean there's nothing wrong with that. I remember that you enjoyed a diet with a lot of meat and vegetables.

Also, since the slow and steady approach doesn't really seem to have worked for you, you could consider doing a more radical approach, like a PSMF. Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss. Shed a lot of fat in 2-3 weeks.
    Im trying to bring up atavis psmf calculator but it wont work for some reason.

I know about 20g of fat and 20g of carbs, how much protein should i go for? also, how should I implement refeed meals, I think atavis recommends every 2-3 days at the end of the night

Also, I have brought up a PSMF before and got reemed for it/ why is that?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    Im trying to bring up atavis psmf calculator but it wont work for some reason.

I know about 20g of fat and 20g of carbs, how much protein should i go for? also, how should I implement refeed meals, I think atavis recommends every 2-3 days at the end of the night

Also, I have brought up a PSMF before and got reemed for it/ why is that?
    I'm not aware of atavis. If I would do a PSMF I'd use Lyle's approach.

It has some downsides but I think the general attitude on the forums is a bit too negative about PSMF. If you know what you're doing it can work.

And especially for people that haven't got the patience to do the slow and steady approach it's a viable option in my opinion.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/