homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) homerandabe69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red Meat vs. Chicken/Fish

are there any advantages of eating red meat such as beef over chicken and/or fish? there was an argument that it is better to just eat chicken and fish because it has lower fat content and almost or just as much protein as red meat.
    BFBC2 MISC Squad: Will Smith

flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Steak, steak has got to be nearly top of my list with food. Steak provides you with some of the very best protein you can have. It also has natural forms of creatine in it, and it just tastes great.

chicken is just an easy source of protein, and its low in fat which makes it great but i think steak would take the cake for me.

fish is pretty good once again high in protein low in fat, you get you omega 3 efa's and they also help raise test levels..

all in all i would have all these sources of protein/food in your diet, daily.

Lt. of the PIITB Army TwiztedbyDesign's Avatar
    TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TwiztedbyDesign has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Flex summed it very well,

i just wanted to say if your cutting i would suggest staying away from red meat as flex said its high in fats which means higher caloricly
    Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god

In the bb.com trenches fighting the good fight for anal love...*eyes narrow* straight anal love. Lieutenant Twizted of the PIITB army...

**Under Construction** E_Scapegoat's Avatar
    E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if i had a choice, id have salmon 3x a day.
    NPTI Certified PT

Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Defenitly chicken/fish. They contain the same amount of protein but they have WAY less fats than steak,why take in all those extra empty calories,it'll just lead to fat gain.Also steak barely has any creatine,something like .1 grams per serving.Stick to the chicken,also a lot cheaper and easier to make

Beer Philosopher mattanderson17's Avatar
    mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless you want to be a little girly bitch, I would highly recommend consuming red meat AT LEAST once a week. You need the saturated fat, zinc, and B vitamins in red meat to support the natural production of testosterone. However, I would choose 8-10% Fat variety to keep fat consumption reasonable.

Once again you need the fat, TRUST ME. I went on like a 30-40g fat per day diet and it effectively destroyed all libido. Ya that's right guys, hardly no sex drive period. Doubled my fat intake to about 70g and now horny as ****.

EAT YOUR MEAT

Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luella90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Unless cutting, red meat is as good as any as long as there is not a lot of fat. Red meat and fish are also the highest in creatine.
    6'3''
    230lbs.
    Bench- 275
    Power Clean- 230
    Squat-450

Pain is gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pain is gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pain is gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pain is gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pain is gain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flexing
    Steak, steak has got to be nearly top of my list with food. Steak provides you with some of the very best protein you can have. It also has natural forms of creatine in it, and it just tastes great.

chicken is just an easy source of protein, and its low in fat which makes it great but i think steak would take the cake for me.

fish is pretty good once again high in protein low in fat, you get you omega 3 efa's and they also help raise test levels..

all in all i would have all these sources of protein/food in your diet, daily.
    good answer, i have a question would you suggest steak whle cutting?
    Everybody wana be a bodybuilder...but aint no buddy wana lift no heavy ass weight. -Ronnie

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fish is healthier than land animal meat in terms of EFAs and protein per mass because fish are selected for the ones that are most efficient to swim in the water (which leads to the ones that can swim the fastest to escape predators, which are the ones with more muscle and more essential fats) whereas land animals generally have more fat stores which decreases protein content as well as lesser amounts of EFAs.

Both are excellent sources of protein though.

The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pain is gain
    Yep. You can still stay lean even while eating steak. The fats are healthy anyways. The way to see results while cutting is to be consistent and have an overall healthy diet. Steak can be there every day and you'd still be alright.

flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flexing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pain is gain

Yea mate, i always eat steak doesn't matter if bulking or cutting the only thing that changes is the size of the steak....when cutting i will have between 100g-230g of steak at 1 meal (depending on the meal and how close i am to being finished with the cut)

I would say just try and get at least 1 serve of each, each day, its not very hard and if you get lean steak and don't have a large steak then the fat issuse, isn't an issue, because 100g = 20g protein so you don't need a whole lot of steak to get some good protein.

I always have at least 1 serve aday of each and have found it to make my diet and results much better, just from getting the extra nutrinents from each diff meats.

coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattanderson17
    Unless you want to be a little girly bitch, I would highly recommend consuming red meat AT LEAST once a week. You need the saturated fat, zinc, and B vitamins in red meat to support the natural production of testosterone. However, I would choose 8-10% Fat variety to keep fat consumption reasonable.

Once again you need the fat, TRUST ME. I went on like a 30-40g fat per day diet and it effectively destroyed all libido. Ya that's right guys, hardly no sex drive period. Doubled my fat intake to about 70g and now horny as ****.

EAT YOUR MEAT
    LISTEN TO THIS GUY, SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME,

I mean I hardly felt like asking girls out, and now that I boosted my testosterone back up by getting off the diet and bulking and eating some red meat mixed in, I got the full libido back.
    5'10
    1/15/05=247
    12/20/05 shoulder surgery
    4/04/06 First week back to lifting 208, roughly 14%
    6/07/06
    Bench: 3 reps @ 275
    Squat: 5 reps @ 275
    Weight: roughly 213
    Bf%: Roughly 13%

4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100)
    All types hsave an edge. Red meats are high in b12 (for metabolism) and leucine proteins. Fish are the easiest proteins for the body to absob, and often (but not always) are high in testosterone improving n-3. Chicken I am less familair with, but don't believe people who say it is lower in fat than beef. The truth is, beef is leaner ounce-for-ounce, but leaner cuts of chicken (like breast meat) are easier to find in the store.
    Give 100% in everything, but never let anything become everything (The Lord is my strength).

Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jypsie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only problem with steak is it increases your risk of colon cancer.
    But it is a great source of protein.
    Smac898's girl.

"No excuses."

★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    Tmisc Fight Club

Hey kid, wanna buy a house?

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    advantages of chicken: lean source of protein, cheap, easy to prepare
    advantages of fish: lean source of protein, can be cheap, high in omegas
    advantages of red meat: calorie dense, can be lean, can have higher protein content

in my opinion, chicken all the way. its lean, easy too cook, and tastes good. if you eat red meat, i'd eat it before bed because the higher fat content slows digestion a bit. i hate fish.
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think we all know that fish is healthier to eat every day and so is chicken breast. That doesn't mean that the OP can't enjoy a good steak too. I eat a lean cut of beef like Top Sirloin once a week. It is good nutritionally for many of the reasons listed above and most importantly it allows for some variety. Does it have more fat than chicken and fish? You bet. Is that a problem if you know your macros and have them under control? Nope.

BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would say steak is better, it has more proteins and cals. Chicken is better if your on a budget though, its doesnt cost as much. unless your steaks are low quality.

Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by homerandabe69 View Post
    are there any advantages of eating red meat such as beef over chicken and/or fish? there was an argument that it is better to just eat chicken and fish because it has lower fat content and almost or just as much protein as red meat.
    Red meat has a lot of trans fat, hence you're going to get an increased risk of heart disease by eating a lot of red meat. Fish is the best out of all three, the omega 3 fats have been shown to help with heart conditions, HOWEVER, eating too much fish can possibly put into a position where you could get mercury poisoning. Chicken is basically fine at just about any quantity. As long as it ain't fried.

That being said, you need about one pounds of steak to get around 6g of creatine if what I read was correct. Not sure if worth it.

MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MVSpartan28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ever try human flesh, great source of protien and BCAAs'.
    "While you're working hard to be the best, the best is working twice as hard to remain the best."
    Bench: 245
    Squat:315
    Deadlift: 405
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c3rndahse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
    Only problem with steak is it increases your risk of colon cancer.
    But it is a great source of protein.
    Steak does not increase colon cancer in anyway. Observational studies should be taken with a grain of salt. The groups eating more red meat also eat more sugar, processed foods, drink more alcohol, smoke more cigarettes and get less exercise than the group of people who eat less red meat...yet it's the meat that is the problem. Educate yourself.

jetzy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Plus too much red meat lead to cancer and other intestinal diseases. That's my only concern with red meat. While with birds & fish meat I haven't found any problem in the long run.