mmf0od has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmf0od has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new member needs your help

hi kids its me food! lol jk .hi to all....how are ya guys doing?
    i want to CLEAN bulk with ckd!

well im 5' 3, weigh 115lbs(lean). ive been lifting weights for like probably 2 years now and didnt really pay attention about diet until like a year ago when i got fat.i was 149lbs(fat over muscle) and did keto(ckd) and went from 149-115lbs(ye i lost my muscles).so now my goal is to clean bulk.i want to gain muscle but with AS LITTLE FAT AS POSSIBLE.i dont care if my progress is slow as long as im gaining muscle with little fat then im ok with it.honestly, im scared to gain fat AGAIN, thats why im planning to do this clean bulking thing.
    i lift 3 times a week(push,pull,legs) and i jog for at least 20-30mins 3-4times a week.i dont want to give up cardio even when bulking.i love jogging and it makes me feel healthy.

my questions:
    a.)so at 115lbs (x15) my maintenance is 1725cals(pls correct me if im wrong).how many more calories should i consume to clean bulk?
    b.)how many lbs and bodyfat% should i be gaining in a week to know if im gaining muscle or fat?
    c.)how often should i do carb-ups and how many grams of carbs/protein/fat should i be eating?
    d.)how long should i clean bulk?how do i know if its time for me to cut?
    e.)if i start clean bulking now do u think im going to look fat during the summer?
    f.)has anyone tried bulking with ckd?if so did u gain a lot of fat?

thank you in advance
    Last edited by mmf0od; 01-15-2008 at 08:39 PM.

mmf0od has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmf0od has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone?please need help badly

walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Looking at your stats, I wouldn't worry about restricting calories for the first few weeks. The adaptation period (the time it takes for you to become adapted to using fat for fuel instead of carbs) can be rough. You may feel very tired at first and sluggish in the gym. Make sure you get plenty of protein and fat, and make sure you eat your low-carb veggies. Also, I would wait two weeks before your first carb re-feed. This will help you become adapted. At that point, you can start tracking your calories. In regards to the weight gain/loss you can expect: Nobody can give you a number on that. Every individual is different. You will know by how you look and what your strength levels are. At first, you will lose much water from under your skin and you will lose muscle glycogen....this will show on the scale, so don't attribute all of the lost weight to fat. Your muscles may appear smaller at first, but don't worry....once you do your carb re-feeds, they will swell back up with stored glycogen and will look better than ever. The more glycogen deprived your muscles are, the better they suck it up when you finally eat some carbs. In a nutshell, that's how the Keto game is played.

Originally Posted by walken1 View Post
    Looking at your stats, I wouldn't worry about restricting calories for the first few weeks. The adaptation period (the time it takes for you to become adapted to using fat for fuel instead of carbs) can be rough. You may feel very tired at first and sluggish in the gym. Make sure you get plenty of protein and fat, and make sure you eat your low-carb veggies. Also, I would wait two weeks before your first carb re-feed. This will help you become adapted. At that point, you can start tracking your calories. In regards to the weight gain/loss you can expect: Nobody can give you a number on that. Every individual is different. You will know by how you look and what your strength levels are. At first, you will lose much water from under your skin and you will lose muscle glycogen....this will show on the scale, so don't attribute all of the lost weight to fat. Your muscles may appear smaller at first, but don't worry....once you do your carb re-feeds, they will swell back up with stored glycogen and will look better than ever. The more glycogen deprived your muscles are, the better they suck it up when you finally eat some carbs. In a nutshell, that's how the Keto game is played.
    thank you very much!

but ye like i said ive been on ckd for like a year already......
    so when i start tracking calories, how many more calories over maintenance should i add up to clean bulk?give me a good number to start with.

walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) walken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you will be fine at 2000/day...just keep an eye on it, and if its too much, drop back to 1800.

thank u very much.

one last thing how many pounds a week should i be gaining to know that im gaining muscle not fat.i heard that its 1lb a week but im not sure?