mkiitmr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Exercise For Triceps LONG HEAD...

Alright, I've been looking around but couldnt find much. What do you guys think is the best exercise to add MASS to the Triceps Long Head? Most people say Skull Crushers, but what about close-grip bench presses? Im looking for exercises that I can pile the weight on, nothing with dumbells please. Thanks alot guys!

ERIK

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mkiitmr2 View Post
    Alright, I've been looking around but couldnt find much. What do you guys think is the best exercise to add MASS to the Triceps Long Head? Most people say Skull Crushers, but what about close-grip bench presses? Im looking for exercises that I can pile the weight on, nothing with dumbells please. Thanks alot guys!

ERIK
    Twenty Tricep Movements Analyzed.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always like those articles.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

ERIK
    Any kind of extensions.

And you can do Behind neck dumbbell extensions heavy, if your gym has heavy dumbbells.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mkiitmr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post

Cool article! Based on what it says close-grip bench press is out. What about Weighted Dips, would that be more effective than Skull Crushers? Weighted dips seem to be hard on my shoulders, while Skull Crushers give me more control and I get a better mind muscle connection.

ERIK

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool article! Based on what it says close-grip bench press is out. What about Weighted Dips, would that be more effective than Skull Crushers? Weighted dips seem to be hard on my shoulders, while Skull Crushers give me more control and I get a better mind muscle connection.

ERIK
    From my experience, no way. Dips are a good mass builder, but don't hit the long head as hard as extensions do due to elbow position.

Emg is a HELPFUL tool (I refer to it a lot) but not an absolute tool, because of the placement of the electrodes. Most are only tested across one plane of the muscle in question.

If you notice, that also lists pushdowns as a complete tricep exercise.
    Last edited by Defiant1; 01-15-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MK: if you really want to think out of the box , here, then go to Larry Scott's site and check out his unique bench for doing kneeling, over the head extensions with a pulley.

I have his bench, which basically is two pedestals, separted by space so that when you kneel and place each elbow on the bench, your head can go between the two pedestals and be a little lower than your elbows.

it REALLY STRONGLY hits the long head of the triceps.....first time you do something like this, you will feel a new and unique DOMS the next day, right where you would like to feel it......

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    MK: if you really want to think out of the box , here, then go to Larry Scott's site and check out his unique bench for doing kneeling, over the head extensions with a pulley.

I have his bench, which basically is two pedestals, separted by space so that when you kneel and place each elbow on the bench, your head can go between the two pedestals and be a little lower than your elbows.

it REALLY STRONGLY hits the long head of the triceps.....first time you do something like this, you will feel a new and unique DOMS the next day, right where you would like to feel it......
    x2 i have done this exercise and it rocks, but once u get to a certain weight, it becomes very hard to stay in position, IMO do this as a second or third exercise

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I could never get the weight/cable into position
    I don't know either lol

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

ERIK
    anything close grip , skull crushes , V bar or rope pushdowns , closegrip bench and yes even the dreaded dumbell kickbacks (ZOMG!!!!!! NOT THEM ) lol
    In Hoots We Trust.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I was going to try this but it was to hard to set up at my gym so i will stick with overhead ez bar extentions on a preecher bench.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

it sucks because i broke my elbow and triceps are hard for me to work out..sharp pain and isn't easy to life..

NorPol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by C1othes View Post
    it sucks because i broke my elbow and triceps are hard for me to work out..sharp pain and isn't easy to life..
    Feel ya, broke mye arm 12 years ago which lead to a dislocated elbow, my arm isn't 100% straight when i lock my elbow, stupid doctors ****ed my arm up, having trouble doing skullcrusher and two handed seated triceps exentesions due to to much pressure on my elbow & wrist. cant do military presses, close grip bench press, straight bar triceps pushdowns, reverse curls. The dislocated right arm may ruin my tricep developmenton both arms, ****ing sucks